New President Donald J Trump

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Semi-related to this debate - over the past few days I've made a bit of an observation. I have friends on both sides of the political spectrum, and I decided to read some of the stuff they linked to...

If anybody here on the right goes to Breitbart or InfoWars: Stop. Stop. Stop.
If anybody here on the left goes to AddictingInfo or Natural News: Stop. Stop. Stop.
I'd stay away from Occupy Democrat, U.S. Uncut, The Blaze, and RedState as well.

There's bias in a lot of news, but when many "new articles" are completely abstaining from reporting facts and literally make up things, it's no longer bias, but LYING. It's a sad state when Fox News and MSNBC are starting to skew toward the middle because of how extreme the outliers are.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:41 pm Semi-related to this debate - over the past few days I've made a bit of an observation. I have friends on both sides of the political spectrum, and I decided to read some of the stuff they linked to...

If anybody here on the left goes to AddictingInfo or Natural News: Stop. Stop. Stop.
I'd stay away from Occupy Democrat, U.S. Uncut, The Blaze, and RedState as well.

There's bias in a lot of news, but when many "new articles" are completely abstaining from reporting facts and literally make up things, it's no longer bias, but LYING. It's a sad state when Fox News and MSNBC are starting to skew toward the middle because of how extreme the outliers are.
I go to yahoo. Usually.
That said, the comments on yahoo can literally veer from "Hail Lord Trump!" to "Down with Trump!" within a comment or two.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:59 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:41 pm Semi-related to this debate - over the past few days I've made a bit of an observation. I have friends on both sides of the political spectrum, and I decided to read some of the stuff they linked to...

I go to yahoo. Usually.
That said, the comments on yahoo can literally veer from "Hail Lord Trump!" to "Down with Trump!" within a comment or two.
Isn't Yahoo generally just repeating Reuters and similar organizations? Reuters is about as unbiased as they come as they just report facts, quotes, and then let others interpret.

And never read the comments! :D
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Yahoo is a news aggregator now, basically.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:45 am
fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:59 pm

I go to yahoo. Usually.
Isn't Yahoo generally just repeating Reuters and similar organizations? Reuters is about as unbiased as they come as they just report facts, quotes, and then let others interpret.

And never read the comments! :D
Yes, and no kidding.