New President Donald J Trump

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:38 am
MrTitleist wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:15 pm Trump is an idiot, at the lowest level. His VP pick is a terrifying pick that would set this country back 200 years. Trump's cabinet picks.. man. I could have come up with better throwing my own feces at the wall and seeing what stuck. His sec. of education? God damn, my AA degree operates at a higher level than this woman. Cutting funds from special needs children? Good game, good effort. Picking a guy who was a C student at TAMU who majored in animal husbandry to run the dept of energy to replace an MIT professor who operated the linear accelerator? Are you f-word kidding? Picking a guy who is suing the EPA to head up the .... EPA? f-word me. Plus, we're (Americans) going to pay for a wall to keep out Mexicans (let's pick and choose our battles here) at the tune of $80 million, plus $xx million to maintain this wall just to keep out a "few bad guys"? Jesus Christ. The guy has already whacked the FHA tax reduction that would help middle class buyers buy homes (that's me, BTW) that was supposed to go into effect next week? Alllllllright then.

I'm a Wyoming boy to the core, but man, being fiscally conservative and socially liberal ... this is a train wreck from every direction. Watch my check-ins on Untappd (same username, BTW), there's gonna be a lot.
How does this Untappd thing work? I can't seem to find anything locally....
Nevermind. App just hadnt updated. Seems like a handy app.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Thinking about it more... The thing that rubs me wrong with Obama is how he came into office. Cut the national debt in half. ACA will save families $3,500 a year, blah, blah, blah. Change! Hope!

None of those things came to pass. I see a more divided nation than 8 years ago, too. He's done a magnificent job of fanning the flames of our recent racial tension.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:38 am How does this Untappd thing work? I can't seem to find anything locally....
Some bars/taphouses will publish their menus there and update them live. I use it to check-in the beers I drink so I remember the good ones, look to see if anyone else is checking in good ones around me so I can go find them, and the two big tap houses here update their menus on there.. quite handy for that.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:56 am Thinking about it more... The thing that rubs me wrong with Obama is how he came into office. Cut the national debt in half. ACA will save families $3,500 a year, blah, blah, blah. Change! Hope!

None of those things came to pass. I see a more divided nation than 8 years ago, too. He's done a magnificent job of fanning the flames of our recent racial tension.
How much of that was actually him? Or are people simply using him as a scapegoat?
Trump meanwhile, though he said he does not endorse groups like the KKK, is the first nationally known political figure to receive their support in decades. That doesn't happen for no reason. But Trump supporters seem to conveniently forget that.

As for the ACA, without it, I, and hundreds of thousands, if not more, would not be able to have insurance due to pre-existing conditions. And now, we're in danger of losing that coverage.

Do the costs of premiums suck? Yeah. Is it all Obama's fault? No. The insurance companies are the ones bumping the costs up. So, some things in the ACA certainly need to be revised, but repealing it altogether will only make things worse all around. Costs will shoot up everywhere, and people like me will most likely lose coverage. Since the Republicans, despite having 8 years to whine and moan, have yet to actually produce a real alternative.

So forgive me for not wanting to replace something with absolutely nothing.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:30 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:56 am Thinking about it more... The thing that rubs me wrong with Obama is how he came into office. Cut the national debt in half. ACA will save families $3,500 a year, blah, blah, blah. Change! Hope!

How much of that was actually him? Or are people simply using him as a scapegoat?
Trump meanwhile, though he said he does not endorse groups like the KKK, is the first nationally known political figure to receive their support in decades. That doesn't happen for no reason. But Trump supporters seem to conveniently forget that.

As for the ACA, without it, I, and hundreds of thousands, if not more, would not be able to have insurance due to pre-existing conditions. And now, we're in danger of losing that coverage.

Do the costs of premiums suck? Yeah. Is it all Obama's fault? No. The insurance companies are the ones bumping the costs up. So, some things in the ACA certainly need to be revised, but repealing it altogether will only make things worse all around. Costs will shoot up everywhere, and people like me will most likely lose coverage. Since the Republicans, despite having 8 years to whine and moan, have yet to actually produce a real alternative.

I agree with what you say, but also would like to point out there are Republicans in favor of keeping the ACA in place and adding improvements rather than repealing stuff. Governors Kasich (Ohio), Sandoval (Nevada), and Snyder (Michigan) have all talked about how important it is to not pull the rug out from under people, and do not want to see a repeal that a large part of Congress is gleefully happy about.

Guess a lot of governors are better people than the Congressmen that supposedly represent us, but I also get the feeling that they are often closer to the actual people. Personally, I would have voted for Kasich.

As for the premiums themselves. Is it really a wonder why healthcare's so damn expensive here? You have drug companies focused on paying profits to shareholders, you have insurance companies focused on paying shareholders, you have hospitals focused on paying shareholders. All three levels have to spend money and personnel negotiating rates and payments for services with each other...

I love the private market, but some things should not be profit-driven, especially in instances where you as a consumer have no room or opportunity to shop around ("hold on heart attack - just checking if this emergency room is on my plan!"). We have by FAR the highest health care costs in the world, and we're not even top 20 in quality. And whoever complains about how you'd have to wait forever in line to see a doctor if it was a socialized system, have you tried actually seeing a doctor here NOW? I had to wait six freaking months for a checkup last time, and then ended up just seeing the doctor's assistant anyway.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:36 am
fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:30 am

I agree with what you say, but also would like to point out there are Republicans in favor of keeping the ACA in place and adding improvements rather than repealing stuff. Governors Kasich (Ohio), Sandoval (Nevada), and Snyder (Michigan) have all talked about how important it is to not pull the rug out from under people, and do not want to see a repeal that a large part of Congress is gleefully happy about.

Guess a lot of governors are better people than the Congressmen that supposedly represent us, but I also get the feeling that they are often closer to the actual people. Personally, I would have voted for Kasich.

As for the premiums themselves. Is it really a wonder why healthcare's so damn expensive here? You have drug companies focused on paying profits to shareholders, you have insurance companies focused on paying shareholders, you have hospitals focused on paying shareholders. All three levels have to spend money and personnel negotiating rates and payments for services with each other...

I love the private market, but some things should not be profit-driven, especially in instances where you as a consumer have no room or opportunity to shop around ("hold on heart attack - just checking if this emergency room is on my plan!"). We have by FAR the highest health care costs in the world, and we're not even top 20 in quality. And whoever complains about how you'd have to wait forever in line to see a doctor if it was a socialized system, have you tried actually seeing a doctor here NOW? I had to wait six freaking months for a checkup last time, and then ended up just seeing the doctor's assistant anyway.
Guess I should clarify then.
Trump and his spineless "yes" men (most of whom happen to be GOP) are going to screw over millions of people by repealing it.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:12 pm Guess I should clarify then.
Trump and his spineless "yes" men (most of whom happen to be GOP) are going to screw over millions of people by repealing it.
Yeah, that's fair. I know somebody who's likely to die if the pre-existing conditions + parents' insurance until 26 things roll back.

Actually die. And his parents happily voted Trump because abortion. Apparently they were fine with Obamacare being rolled back as long as nobody touches ACA, soooo... somebody's going to have a wake-up call.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Those who rely on government for anything will always be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:07 pm Those who rely on government for anything will always be disappointed

That's rather simplistic. Government is why we don't (outside of Michigan) drink Lead and Mercury, why corporations can't spew out any amount of junk in the air (rather than blaming everybody else), why spent nuclear fuel has to be stored properly, and so on. I'm also a fan of fire departments, police departments, schools, roads, and military that aren't private. :)

Do I want the Government to stay out of picking winners and losers in energy and agriculture? Yep. It's one thing to give research grants, another to create crazy subsidies and tax incentives. Also hate when city and county governments compete to give tax relief to Wal-Marts, IKEAs, and similar situations. Those guys don't need more ways of hurting the little businesses than they already have.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Wow, there is some severe hatred on this topic. Good luck being a human being with this level of acid baking your brain.

Put the pink pussy hat on, and go march in the street. That will curb your anxiety.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

johnywyo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:40 am Wow, there is some severe hatred on this topic. Good luck being a human being with this level of acid baking your brain.

Put the pink pussy hat on, and go march in the street. That will curb your anxiety.

Yeah, how dare someone have a different opinion than the cheeto in chief. Everyone should fall in line and never have their own opinion on it, especially if it contradicts glorious leader's opinion.

Particularly when it comes down to something that literally means life or death for a large number of people, like Asmodeanreborn's friend.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:58 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:12 pm Guess I should clarify then.
Yeah, that's fair. I know somebody who's likely to die if the pre-existing conditions + parents' insurance until 26 things roll back.

Actually die. And his parents happily voted Trump because abortion. Apparently they were fine with Obamacare being rolled back as long as nobody touches ACA, soooo... somebody's going to have a wake-up call.
I don't believe it. He can go to any hospital and they have to treat him. He'll go on Medicaid and be taken care of. He's not going to die. He might not be in not as good of a financial position, but he won't die. This isn't Somalia.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:55 am I don't believe it. He can go to any hospital and they have to treat him. He'll go on Medicaid and be taken care of. He's not going to die. He might not be in not as good of a financial position, but he won't die. This isn't Somalia.
You can't go to a hospital for the long-term medication that'll keep you alive. When you can't pay for it, they don't give it to you. You don't get a payment plan for it. That's where the 20,000 people dead/year figure comes from.

You will get treated at the emergency room in the future regardless of insurance status, but it's the long-time stuff that gets treated with medication or routine visits like old miners with black lung disease get that will no longer happen the same way.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:13 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:55 am I don't believe it. He can go to any hospital and they have to treat him. He'll go on Medicaid and be taken care of. He's not going to die. He might not be in not as good of a financial position, but he won't die. This isn't Somalia.
You can't go to a hospital for the long-term medication that'll keep you alive. When you can't pay for it, they don't give it to you. You don't get a payment plan for it. That's where the 20,000 people dead/year figure comes from.

You will get treated at the emergency room in the future regardless of insurance status, but it's the long-time stuff that gets treated with medication or routine visits like old miners with black lung disease get that will no longer happen the same way.
What about Medicaid? Can't they just go on Medicaid?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:21 am

Medicaid reimbursements are paying less and less.. healthcare isn't in great shape right now.
ImageImageImageImage
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:49 am Medicaid reimbursements are paying less and less.. healthcare isn't in great shape right now.
Definitely the case. I think most people want changes/improvements, but to repeal the ACA without having a replacement in place?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

MrTitleist wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:49 am

Medicaid reimbursements are paying less and less.. healthcare isn't in great shape right now.
Also, Medicaid pays more and helps more for individuals with disabilities, not necessarily those with long-term diseases. Someone with cerebral palsy would fall under Medicaid, but someone with COPD may very well not be accepted under Medicaid.

AND good luck getting in to see a doctor when you are on Medicaid. Medication might be easier to procure, but doctors visits are few and far between with Medicaid. One of the Orthopedic physicians I work with will typically do 1 surgery a week for Medicaid users. The reason he can't do more? The reimbursement from Medicaid won't even pay enough to cover the costs of the equipment he uses/installs, let alone the cost of the OR, anesthesiologist, other personnel or his time, etc.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:

Also, Medicaid pays more and helps more for individuals with disabilities, not necessarily those with long-term diseases. Someone with cerebral palsy would fall under Medicaid, but someone with COPD may very well not be accepted under Medicaid.

AND good luck getting in to see a doctor when you are on Medicaid. Medication might be easier to procure, but doctors visits are few and far between with Medicaid. One of the Orthopedic physicians I work with will typically do 1 surgery a week for Medicaid users. The reason he can't do more? The reimbursement from Medicaid won't even pay enough to cover the costs of the equipment he uses/installs, let alone the cost of the OR, anesthesiologist, other personnel or his time, etc.
I call poop on the doctors. They always act they're going poor from malpractice insurance. Have you ever met a poor doctor?

W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

laxwyo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:51 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote:

I call poop on the doctors. They always act they're going poor from malpractice insurance. Have you ever met a poor doctor?

Yes. They're buried in student loans and having to carry such a high dollar amount of malpractice insurance because everyone wants to sue them.

Note, I work for one of the largest healthcare companies in the US, we're flat ass broke as an org because Medicaid/Medicare reimbursements are pennies on the dollar. Among other things..
ImageImageImageImage
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:51 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote:

Congrats on not reading my post. I said it is difficult to find a doctor to take Medicaid regularly because they don't make money. The one in my example only takes ~1 Medicaid patient a week because he loses money on them. You are exactly right, doctors aren't poor and make good money...that's BECAUSE they don't do a bunch of Medicaid cases, if they did they would be poor.