New President Donald J Trump

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Just wanted to type that and so thankful that it's time for a change much needed, not trying to start any political rants etc....just thinking it's time to try to make America great again!!!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

:rofl:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I'm a Rand Paul guy. I hope Trump does well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

ANYBODY would be better than Hillary!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Trump is an idiot, at the lowest level. His VP pick is a terrifying pick that would set this country back 200 years. Trump's cabinet picks.. man. I could have come up with better throwing my own feces at the wall and seeing what stuck. His sec. of education? God damn, my AA degree operates at a higher level than this woman. Cutting funds from special needs children? Good game, good effort. Picking a guy who was a C student at TAMU who majored in animal husbandry to run the dept of energy to replace an MIT professor who operated the linear accelerator? Are you f-word kidding? Picking a guy who is suing the EPA to head up the .... EPA? f-word me. Plus, we're (Americans) going to pay for a wall to keep out Mexicans (let's pick and choose our battles here) at the tune of $80 million, plus $xx million to maintain this wall just to keep out a "few bad guys"? Jesus Christ. The guy has already whacked the FHA tax reduction that would help middle class buyers buy homes (that's me, BTW) that was supposed to go into effect next week? Alllllllright then.

I'm a Wyoming boy to the core, but man, being fiscally conservative and socially liberal ... this is a train wreck from every direction. Watch my check-ins on Untappd (same username, BTW), there's gonna be a lot.
ImageImageImageImage
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Hey now Brad... he has some incredibly simple minded rhetoric on twitter. How do you not love every stupid thing this guy says or does?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

DVDA wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:19 pm Hey now Brad... he has some incredibly simple minded rhetoric on twitter. How do you not love every stupid thing this guy says or does?
Because now he can sign that crap into law, and the GOP in the House and Senate are too chicken poop to say boo to a goose, let alone appose Trump on anything.
"We'll drain the swamp!"
By overfilling it and infesting it with man-eating crocodiles.

"I will repeal the ACA!"
Without any real plan to take it's place, screwing over millions of people (including yours truly), who wouldn't have it otherwise.

"I will have the best people to run the government!"
Well, the Sec. of Defense isn't a f-word. Everyone else though...

"We will build a wall, and Mexico will pay for it!"
Yay! A huge drain on money, resources, and time to build an inefficient wall that can be beat with a $20 ladder or shovel.

"I'm representing the little guy!"
While planning on implementing higher taxes on single parents, and parents with multiple children.

And it goes on.

This poop is why I left the GOP. To nominate, let alone, elect this douchebag? Sorry, but there is no way I can see much, if anything, positive with Trump sitting in the White House.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

The EPA needs its reigns shortened. They are a f-word disaster. I hope that guy f-word up that whole organization. If you've worked in industry, you know what a POS poop show that place is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

He will earn my undying praise if he repeals Obamacare.

If anyone thinks that socially we're going to be set back, well, that's just not true. Like, seriously, what's actually going to happen to women, minorities, etc...? We've reached a base level of compassion in this country and Donald trump isn't going to "set us back".

Fiscally and economically how could anyone on the planet have done a worse job than O'bama? And if Trump helps the coal industry?

Yeah, Trump is a moron,and probably a terrible person, but we should give him a chance. What other choice do we have/ my two bits.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

MrTitleist wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:15 pm . Plus, we're (Americans) going to pay for a wall to keep out Mexicans (let's pick and choose our battles here) at the tune of $80 million, plus $xx million to maintain this wall just to keep out a "few bad guys"? Jesus Christ.
$80 million? Ha, I wish. Most conservative estimates put the wall at a minimum of $5 billion just to build. More realistically in the $10-15 billion range. Not to mention the absurd amount needed to maintain it. But don't worry...Mexico is going to pay for it. :rofl: :rofl:
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:43 am
Fiscally and economically how could anyone on the planet have done a worse job than O'bama? And if Trump helps the coal industry?
Still perplexed as to why people think Obama did such a bad job. Economy is much stronger now than when he took office. Unemployment is lower than when he took office. Uninsured people now have insurance and the rising premiums are just as much the fault of the insurance companies as of the ACA.

I'm still waiting for someone that think Obama did such a bad job to give me a real, FACT-BASED reason, besides that fact that he's a "liberal". Seriously, the only legit answer I've heard is that people don't like the ACA, which is at least an acceptable response.

As someone that is a centrist politically, the people bashing Obama for the last 8 years are just as frustrating as the people that bashed Bush before him...they did it in large part because of bipartisan BS, not for actual reasons.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 31 times

DVDA wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:19 pm Hey now Brad... he has some incredibly simple minded rhetoric on twitter. How do you not love every stupid thing this guy says or does?
Haven't ever followed him on Twitter.. seemed like it'd be like following your drunk grandpa who wakes up early and loads his coffee with Jameson then takes to the internet. It'll be an interesting four years.. his cabinet scares me more than he does. How much power does a president really have?
ImageImageImageImage
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:43 am Fiscally and economically how could anyone on the planet have done a worse job than O'bama? And if Trump helps the coal industry?
Obama inherited the worst economical situation since the Great Depression, got unemployment down from over 8% to under 5%, took a negative GDP and turned it positive. Wages started finally climbing last year after a long stand-still. While things aren't perfect, I don't get how things couldn't have been worse... we could have kept sliding straight into that depression we were headed toward. Hell, even the budget deficit is about at the same level as it was prior to him taking office. Sure, half a Trillion a year is a lot of money, but it's manageable, at least.

The old "plan" of lowering taxes to "create jobs" is once again not going to work long-term, and will turn the U.S. into Kansas. In fact, Kansas is the PERFECT example of how lowering taxes to encourage growth works. "Oh, did everybody pocket the tax cuts? Oops. Oh, did our schools run out of money? Oops. Oh, did the state's credit rating get dropped again? Oops. Oh, did we move from top 10 in job growth to bottom 2? Oops."

Did the coal and oil industries hurt? Yes. Are they sustainable anyway? Hell no. Is coal regulated too hard? Well, go down to Colorado Springs and inhale the wonderful air coming out of the Martin Drake plant. Coincidence that the city has a high prevalence of asthma among its children? On the positive side of things - because of how common it is there, they also have some of the best treatment in the nation for it.

China just shut down the building of 103 coal plants they had planned, and also accelerated the closing of a bunch of old plants. India's been on the same path... those nations are the top two importers of coal in the world. What that will do to coal prices, I'm sure you can imagine. Wyoming's Powder River Basin coal is thankfully some of the best and cheapest there is, so I have a feeling it's going to be the one surviving the longest, but do you really want to be the last horse transport in a world of trucks, trains, and airplanes?

Ultimately, it's still Natural Gas and an rapid decrease in global demand that's killing coal, not regulation or renewables, though renewables are getting there too.

I think Trump is a bloody disaster, and I believe a lot of the GOP feel the same (even if it's just a select few who are outspoken - Kasich, Graham, McCain). I wouldn't at all be surprised if they were just biding their time to get rid of him so we can have a President Pence. At least he's sane and competent.

[/rant]
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

And yesterday, an unwarranted attack on the free press that boiled down to;
"How dare you show something not 100% favorable to glorious leader Trump? We will take control of you!"
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:57 pm And yesterday, an unwarranted attack on the free press that boiled down to;
"How dare you show something not 100% favorable to glorious leader Trump? We will take control of you!"
It's a ridiculous thing to double down on, and then when called out on it, they started talking about "alternative facts."

There's no such thing. It's a freaking LIE. You lied. Your press secretary lied, and then your Campaign Manager tries to make up a new term.

Once again, who cares how big the crowd was? A big crowd isn't always a good thing either:

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Can we at least stop feeding the myth of more people are working now than when Obama started his reign? Surely I don't have to explain how unemployment % works. The true statistic to look at is labor participation %. If you're a fan of Obama you probably don't want to look that up.

Why are more people on food stamps now then when he took office? Why is my insurance unaffordable? The middle class is poorer than when he took office. Obama's guided the weakest recovery after a recession in the nation's history. He doubled national debt.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:01 pm Can we at least stop feeding the myth of more people are working now than when Obama started his reign? Surely I don't have to explain how unemployment % works. The true statistic to look at is labor participation %. If you're a fan of Obama you probably don't want to look that up.

Why are more people on food stamps now then when he took office? Why is my insurance unaffordable? The middle class is poorer than when he took office. Obama's guided the weakest recovery after a recession in the nation's history. He doubled national debt.
Not a fan of Obama, but also tired of the partisan bias against him. It's true that the labor participation rate is lower now than 8 years ago, but it's also much lower than in January of 2000 when Bush took control. In fact, the decrease during Bush's tenure is almost the same as during Obama's... simply put, neither party has been able to do anything about it.

As for your other questions. Food stamps...meh, he's a Democrat, no surprise there. Your insurance isn't higher solely because of the ACA, it's partly ACA but it's also because insurance companies are for-profit organizations. Just like the fallacy of trickle down economics, greed of the already-rich is costing you with increased premiums. Finally, you can't talk about national debt with a straight face while saying Obama is the worst. Obama grew it by 68%, not double...who did double it?? Bush Jr grew it by 101%.

So there you have it, if you are going to say that Obama is the worst we could have fiscally, you need to change that to Obama and Bush.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:01 pm Can we at least stop feeding the myth of more people are working now than when Obama started his reign? Surely I don't have to explain how unemployment % works. The true statistic to look at is labor participation %. If you're a fan of Obama you probably don't want to look that up.

Labor Participation rate includes college students and retirees. Retirees is a rapidly growing proportion (important key word) of the population as the baby boomers hit that age. That percentage will keep rising in the next few years too. College students are also increasing in proportion, as jobs requiring a degree of some form are also far more common now than they were.

Food stamps benefits are better today than they were, and the U.S. population is 14 Million higher than it used to be. Your insurance would have been unaffordable without ObamaCare as well. Between 1999 and 2009, Health Insurance rates went up 131%.

Here's a graph from Kaiser that shows cost growth through 2013:

In other words - the ACA didn't really do anything to prevent cost rises, it just helped another 20 Million+ who otherwise couldn't get insurance actually get insurance. I'd love to see the GOP come up with an actual solution that isn't repeal, because repeal will do nothing but literally kill a bunch of people.

As for the middle class - it's been getting steadily poorer since the 70s. The American worker is several times as productive as then, but all the benefits of the rise in productivity has gone to shareholders rather than workers. This is a trend that's unlikely to change much either... sure, last year the middle class actually did get a small raise, but that's a result of a low unemployment rate and difficulty finding skilled workers. Corporations are already doing their best to expand Visa programs to import a cheaper work force - that includes Trump's own vineyards, by the way.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Numbers can be spun in any way you want. Statistics can be chosen to to support the point that you want to make. Bush was a terrible president from a fiscal perspective and O'bama was equally bad if not worse. I don't want to hear any talk of anything good Obama did economically because he was mediocre at best by any metric. Comparing Obama to an equally crappy president and saying he did slightly better does not make him good. It makes his slightly less crappy. The #1 job of the POTUS, imo, is to create conditions that allow for maximum economic growth - I don't think Obama did this.

It probably doesn't make a difference who the POTUS is, anyway. The country will continue on its predestined course.

Trump is slightly different on paper. I'll give him a chance (I'm definitely not a fan). He's a way poop version of Romney (Romney wasn't a dirtbag and was a successful businessman) He's a dirtbag, and I'll turn on him fast if the economy takes a turn for the worse because he has no other redeemable qualities.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:15 pm Trump is an idiot, at the lowest level. His VP pick is a terrifying pick that would set this country back 200 years. Trump's cabinet picks.. man. I could have come up with better throwing my own feces at the wall and seeing what stuck. His sec. of education? God damn, my AA degree operates at a higher level than this woman. Cutting funds from special needs children? Good game, good effort. Picking a guy who was a C student at TAMU who majored in animal husbandry to run the dept of energy to replace an MIT professor who operated the linear accelerator? Are you f-word kidding? Picking a guy who is suing the EPA to head up the .... EPA? f-word me. Plus, we're (Americans) going to pay for a wall to keep out Mexicans (let's pick and choose our battles here) at the tune of $80 million, plus $xx million to maintain this wall just to keep out a "few bad guys"? Jesus Christ. The guy has already whacked the FHA tax reduction that would help middle class buyers buy homes (that's me, BTW) that was supposed to go into effect next week? Alllllllright then.

I'm a Wyoming boy to the core, but man, being fiscally conservative and socially liberal ... this is a train wreck from every direction. Watch my check-ins on Untappd (same username, BTW), there's gonna be a lot.
How does this Untappd thing work? I can't seem to find anything locally....