MWC Championship Game- SDSU@WYO

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyopoke123
Buckaroo

dont think the cold weather is a factor. But you cant tell me that Rocky Long wasnt considering how tired his team was from the elevation (and our ground and pound on last drive) in that last game. Was the main reason he went for 2. He knew his team was gassed.

With them going for 2 knowing they couldnt hang in OT and his team was tired, that will be in the back of their minds and now add in the fact that it will be at least 20 degrees colder than it was that day.

Mental advantage WYO and slight physical advantage WYO but we still need to come out raring to go, Crowd needs to be fully in it and get off on a good start. Cant keep starting these games down a TD or 2.
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

calpoke25 wrote:SDSU has historically had success in Laramie when the weather is really poop. This is just a weird game, rematch 2 weeks later after both teams got creamed. For some reason I don't see this as a back and forth type of game, I think whoever comes out fired up and punches the other in the mouth will get control of the game and not give it up. If you're down 2 touchdowns in that cold I don't care if you're Wyoming or SDSU I think your more liable to just kind of shut it down and think about going home.
I'm still trying to decide who the bad weather will favor more....

On one hand, we *should* be used to it. At least a little bit. So that factor goes our way.

We both have great run games, so that is a tie.

The side that might favor them is, I think we rely on our pass game quite a bit more than them. That's a point for SDSU.

Lastly, and this is where I think we get them, Brian Hill doesn't need dry stable turf to make cuts on to make himself effective. That's the only way ol' "Pumph" gets his yards. Brian Hill can run on whatever surface in any condition and it doesn't matter to him. He's just gonna run you over. Point and game, Cowboys.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think the pokes play better as underdogs. We were favored to win against vegas, New Mexico, and eastern Michigan and we lost each game.

We were heavy underdogs to airforce, csu, Boise state and San Diego state and we won all of those games.

I like the pokes here as Appleby was gone for most of the Aztec game as he was injured in the first half I believe. And we still stopped that run attack.

The second reason to like the pokes is that we have the war nearly sold out and we are undefeated at home.

Third reason to like the pokes is the weather as Wyoming can practice all week throwing and catching and kicking in frigid temperatures and the Aztecs cannot simulate these conditions in Laramie.

Finally I like the pokes because we owned them in Laramie if not for a desperation heave that was as close to an incompletion as you can have the pokes would have won by a touchdown. And that was with two kick off returns for touchdowns.

San Diego has no wins against teams who have a winning record and that continues this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

pokecountant wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:SDSU has historically had success in Laramie when the weather is really poop. This is just a weird game, rematch 2 weeks later after both teams got creamed. For some reason I don't see this as a back and forth type of game, I think whoever comes out fired up and punches the other in the mouth will get control of the game and not give it up. If you're down 2 touchdowns in that cold I don't care if you're Wyoming or SDSU I think your more liable to just kind of shut it down and think about going home.

On one hand, we *should* be used to it. At least a little bit. So that factor goes our way.

The side that might favor them is, I think we rely on our pass game quite a bit more than them. That's a point for SDSU.

Lastly, and this is where I think we get them, Brian Hill doesn't need dry stable turf to make cuts on to make himself effective. That's the only way ol' "Pumph" gets his yards. Brian Hill can run on whatever surface in any condition and it doesn't matter to him. He's just gonna run you over. Point and game, Cowboys.
If I was SDSU I'd think long and hard about making Penny the feature back Saturday and shifting Pumphrey to more of a receiver out of the backfield role. Penny scares me more. He appeared to me to be just as fast as Pumphrey in a straight line, obviously not as shifty, but much more physical.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Did you guys see who's calling the game on Saturday?
2016 Mountain West Football Championship Game
San Diego State at Wyoming
Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Todd McShay

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-relea ... -schedule/
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyocowboy2014 wrote:Did you guys see who's calling the game on Saturday?
2016 Mountain West Football Championship Game
San Diego State at Wyoming
Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Todd McShay

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-relea ... -schedule/
It'll be interesting to hear McShay's opinion on Hill and Allen from a draft perspective
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

calpoke25 wrote:
pokecountant wrote:

If I was SDSU I'd think long and hard about making Penny the feature back Saturday and shifting Pumphrey to more of a receiver out of the backfield role. Penny scares me more. He appeared to me to be just as fast as Pumphrey in a straight line, obviously not as shifty, but much more physical.
I bet we see heavy doses of Penny and is Washington the 3rd back? Both of those guys are big, strong inside runners that when they do get to the second level can make guys miss.

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:I find it impossible to believe SDSU won't implement some sort of triple option after seeing last week's film. They'd be insane not to. The Pokes were absolutely clueless against it. Having said that, if you had told me at the beginning of the season we would be playing for the conference championship, I would have told you not to wake me from this dream. So, go Pokes, beat SDSU one more time!
So we don't suck anymore!? We don't have to play Illinois State in the FCS?

GO Pokes! ...and I doubt Rocky Long will get too creative
Yeah, where is all that Wyoming can't compete anymore and need to go FCS SD"?

I think trying to install a new triple option offense in less than a week probably a bit optimistic.

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

pokecountant wrote:

You forgot "7220". SDSU was gassed last game.

Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

GO POKES!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Riding High!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Gotta win this one! :cool:

Gonna watch from home as I also do a lotta work.
I wish I were playin' tho'. I got a lotta anger right now. I need to hit some dudes hard!
:)
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Man, I can't handle watching people running through Wingard's arms over and over again.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Man, I can't handle watching people running through Wingard's arms over and over again.
He needs to learn to wrap up more between now and next season.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

At least we only gave up a field goal. Coulda been worse.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Need to stop all of these false starts! They're killing us!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

fromolwyoming wrote:Need to stop all of these false starts! They're killing us!
I was just thinking that. Damned that's stupid!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I hope Hill and Allen show up for the second half. Scoring 3 points isn't going to cut it.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Cuttslam wrote:I hope Hill and Allen show up for the second half. Scoring 3 points isn't going to cut it.
I agree. Thankfully for the most part, our defense showed up! We need some touchdowns badly!!!!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

DAMN the Offense hasn't scored a point since the opening possession.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.