Wyoming energy needs to buy a port on the west coast now that Trump is in office,

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

The current break-even point of natural gas production in the Marcellus is about between $1.90 /MMBtu and $2.10 / MMBtu. ...which is MUCH MUCH lower than the breakeven price for coalbed methane production.
VictorDixon
Buckaroo

dakarpoke wrote:Thought I would chime in here. Coal usage is being reduced, not eliminated. And right now Nat Gas prices are very low, with the huge increase in nat gas usage, prices aren't going to stay this low over time. Coal will certainly be very much in use in China, India and throughout the world for next 25 years. And the state of Wyoming does get a tremendous amount of tax revenue from coal, not to mention all the jobs associated with it. The EPA mandates setup by Obama have been stopped in court already. Exporting coal is a viable option that should be implemented. And we should let the market decide coals future, not lawyers and bureaucrats.
I agree with you 100%
I like my bed more than I like most people
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

i feel like i remember reading a story recently about the inner most international shipping port on the west coast is actually in idaho.....at the end of a large river apparently

if that's true it could be helpful
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

whyoh wrote:i feel like i remember reading a story recently about the inner most international shipping port on the west coast is actually in idaho.....at the end of a large river apparently

if that's true it could be helpful
It's at the Snake River in Lewiston, which dumps into the Columbia River. Just over the hill from here (and 200 miles through the Clearwater River valley).
ImageImageImageImage
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

"In Canada, it doesn't matter if the Democrats are in office. They ship all the time. "

They're called 'The Labour Party' in Canada, FYI...
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Poke-proud wrote: It'll just be nice to have an adult in the White House who understands such things.
:rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lmao: