Going under the knife tomorrow

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Hernia surgery. Will be out of hospital Friday, and watching football in sweet misery.

Life gives u lemons sometimes.

Just know this, no matter how I'm feeling, no matter the discomfort of having a foreign body surgically installed into my belly button, the nausea, lightheadedness, no showers for a week, liquid diet, having my wife wipe my ass, no the deed for a month, etc etc...

All that poop aside, never have I been this excited for a Saturday...

I work night shift, and can't sleep because of nervousness due to tomorrow's dread... But here I am, anticipating the game just like the rest of wyonation. Wrap your heads around that for a second. One state, it's fans from near and far, one team, and a old school stadium with some fierce conditions.

Wyoming unified in Laramie. This doesn't just happen, in fact it hardly ever happens. Effort given from many angles, the administration, the legislature, the community, the team and seniors, to the great coaches. It's not another just another Saturday. It's our saturday, and we damn well earned it.

All the bs bowl implications aside, this is for our state. The fans that have waited, the donors, the governor. It's our chance to not be an afterthought anymore. It's what makes working a 12 hour shift in horrid weather conditions worth going to work again. It's really our state's chance to celebrate something that we labored endlessly to achieve.

Don't let anybody tell you anything different, when Wyoming focuses on something... It's not about the fear of losing, it's about doing what has to be done to finish the job. Clarity.

Time to write our own page of history.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Good luck. I'm getting my knee done Friday morning.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

All right! Cheers to you. We can be wheel chair fans together l, like step brothers, or the scene from days of thunder
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

carbonpoke wrote:All right! Cheers to you. We can be wheel chair fans together l, like step brothers, or the scene from days of thunder
Or call ourselves the Crips!

whyoh
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote:Hernia surgery. Will be out of hospital Friday, and watching football in sweet misery.

Just know this, no matter how I'm feeling, no matter the discomfort of having a foreign body surgically installed into my belly button, the nausea, lightheadedness, no showers for a week, liquid diet, having my wife wipe my ass, no the deed for a month, etc etc...

I work night shift, and can't sleep because of nervousness due to tomorrow's dread... But here I am, anticipating the game just like the rest of wyonation. Wrap your heads around that for a second. One state, it's fans from near and far, one team, and a old school stadium with some fierce conditions.

Wyoming unified in Laramie. This doesn't just happen, in fact it hardly ever happens. Effort given from many angles, the administration, the legislature, the community, the team and seniors, to the great coaches. It's not another just another Saturday. It's our saturday, and we damn well earned it.

All the bs bowl implications aside, this is for our state. The fans that have waited, the donors, the governor. It's our chance to not be an afterthought anymore. It's what makes working a 12 hour shift in horrid weather conditions worth going to work again. It's really our state's chance to celebrate something that we labored endlessly to achieve.

Don't let anybody tell you anything different, when Wyoming focuses on something... It's not about the fear of losing, it's about doing what has to be done to finish the job. Clarity.

fromolwyoming wrote:Good luck. I'm getting my knee done Friday morning.

you're all a bunch of lepers
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
dutchgunz
Buckaroo

carbonpoke wrote:Hernia surgery. Will be out of hospital Friday, and watching football in sweet misery.

I just got really nervous after reading this post. But I'm pumped. And you are 100% correct. the state will be unified saturday night. Let's do this Pokes!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

I think you guys should go for amputation. They make some pretty sweet legs these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote:I think you guys should go for amputation. They make some pretty sweet legs these days

Don't tempt me.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

fromolwyoming wrote:
laxwyo wrote:I think you guys should go for amputation. They make some pretty sweet legs these days

Don't tempt me.
It sounds like you should at least go for knee replacement. Or has that already been done?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

COS Cowboy wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

Don't tempt me.
It sounds like you should at least go for knee replacement. Or has that already been done?
It's been discussed. If I have to have something major done to my knees again, that'll be it.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

Boy, I love that commentary. BTW, good luck with the surgery.