All Conference Teams

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

Allens QBR is ten points higher than Rypiens. This takes into account many more factors than raw stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LanderPoke wrote:Just noticed no Appleby. Should have been at least honorable mention
+1
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Really disappointed Josh and Tanner didn't get 1st-team honors, but nice haul for the Pokes, overall. If we know Josh, this will be even more motivation for Saturday:
https://twitter.com/J_Prodigy_5/status/ ... 6381906945
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

It's hard to imagine any receiver better than Tanner

W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

laxwyo wrote:It's hard to imagine any receiver better than Tanner

Ya Tanner got screwed completely he was by far the most deserving 1st team receiver no one was even close to him from some crazy athletic catches and just being a stat machine.

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Important to look at stats from just conference games rather than including nonconference games.

Allen: 113-205, 1,882 yards, 17 TDs, 5 INTs
Rypien: 127-200, 2,038 yards, 16 TDs, 1 INT

Hill: 210 carries, 1,211 yards, 15 TDs
Pumphrey: 207 carries, 1,158 yards, 7 TDs

I think they made the right decision at both positions.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Important to look at stats from just conference games rather than including nonconference games.

And the competition?
Pumphery was held below 100 yards in both games against teams over .500 this season.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:Important to look at stats from just conference games rather than including nonconference games.

And the competition?
Pumphery was held below 100 yards in both games against teams over .500 this season.
Exactly Pumphery made his mark rushing big numbers against losing teams. The only reason he made offensive player of the year was because he put up big numbers against no body teams.

You can't give someone player of the year and not also give the same person 1st team selection.

Imo Hill is the much more dominate back. Had we played sub par teams all year I believe Hill could have racked up more yards and if not more easily just as many.

It doesn't matter what we think but I still feel Hill in the better back by leaps and bounds. As for the QB they are fairly even matched but those extra interceptions are going to give Rypien the nod.

I just feel like the wrong offensive player of the year was chosen and don't believe SDSU deserved a sweep for dominating crappy teams.

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Sorry, meant to put McNichols' stats instead of Pumphrey's. Not sure what I was thinking.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:Sorry, meant to put McNichols' stats instead of Pumphrey's. Not sure what I was thinking.
Boise at least played a moderately solid schedule but McNichols definitely didn't deserve the nod over Hill.

If anything Hill & McNichols deserved 1st team based on winning teams they rushed against. Hill deserved poty over Pumphrey and no one can change my mind on that.

I take nothing away from Pumphrey but he didn't dominate winning teams I the field and if those accolades are based on conference work Pumprhey is over rated.

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

You're not taking into account Josh's rushing stats. He had rushing tds and how many 3rd\4th down conversions

W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:You're not taking into account Josh's rushing stats. He had rushing tds and how many 3rd\4th down conversions

If we had beat UNLV avg UNM I'm guessing a lot would be different in those accolades. Now the team just had to prove it on the field Saturday just like they have game after game all year.

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:Sorry, meant to put McNichols' stats instead of Pumphrey's. Not sure what I was thinking.
Boise at least played a moderately solid schedule but McNichols definitely didn't deserve the nod over Hill
Never said he did. In fact, I said the opposite.
joshvanklomp wrote:I think they made the right decision at both positions.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Boise at least played a moderately solid schedule but McNichols definitely didn't deserve the nod over Hill
Never said he did. In fact, I said the opposite.
joshvanklomp wrote:I think they made the right decision at both positions.
We just disagree which is fine everyone has an opinion and we're all entitled to them.

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:We just disagree which is fine everyone has an opinion and we're all entitled to them.
I'm confused. We both think Hill deserved first team over McNichols, so what exactly do we disagree about?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:We just disagree which is fine everyone has an opinion and we're all entitled to them.
I'm confused. We both think Hill deserved first team over McNichols, so what exactly do we disagree about?
I believe based on strength of opponent.

Hill & McNichols deserved 1st team.

Allen deserved 1st team over Rypien if you account for both rushing and passing yards and touch downs.

But since how a QB performs seems to only be based on through the air I can see why Rypien got the nod.

So unless you're saying the same thing and I completely missed that part.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Bohl, Wilson lead Wyoming All-Mountain West football honors (WyoSports.net)

There was quite the debate on social media, at least among many UW fans, on who should have been the first team All-MW quarterback. It went to Boise State sophomore Brett Rypien, who is the first player in conference history to be named to the first team in consecutive years as a freshman and sophomore.

Allen enters Saturday’s game having completed 57.4 percent of his passes for 2,748 yards with 23 touchdown and 11 interceptions. He also has 487 rushing yards and seven touchdowns, and caught one touchdown pass.

Rypien completed 61.8 percent of his passes for 3,341 yards with 23 touchdowns and six interceptions. He led the MW with a 162.3 passer rating. Allen’s was 149.3. Rypien also led the league in total offense (277.1 yards per game). Allen had 269.6.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 5281e.html

ImageImageImage
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

Too bad the all conference team doesn't actually play a game. It would be interesting to see the All MW team go up against the All Big 12 or something.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

Maybe you should include rush yards for the QBs? That is what separates them. Allen does more and is more valuable
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

The more I think about this, this game could be determined by Wyo's own Logan Wilson. He is having to take a larger role with May out. I can't overemphasize how bad May's injury hurts our team. He matched SDSU speed like no one else on our team. You will see SDSU do flare passes and screens on us all day. It will be up to Logan to defend it. A lot to ask for a young fella. Is he up for it? Sure. We are missing several huge pieces from last time we played SDSU.

One thing that concerns me is there is a lot of Twitter chatter by our players re: MWC 1st teams, 2nd teams, etc...who got screwed and so on. Although I think these honors are great, there is no talk about this weekend's game...which is the ultimate prize. Pumphrey's twitter is filled with retweets of how great he is, so that is no surprise, but I am seeing some similar things from some of our guys. THE GREATEST AWARD IS SATURDAY GUYS!