Trying to Find.

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

I'm trying to find a 2 foot tall cowboy stencil so that I can paint the bucking bronc onto a few things. Any ideas? I would just print one out, but the 8x10 isn't quite big enough. Also, what do you think the color code down at the Home Depot would be for the old brown and gold?
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I would check with Mad Dog (UW Equipment Manager) and see if he has something. I don't know what his number is, but you could probably get it through UW Athletics.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Thanks. I'll probably try that, but I was also thinking of painting the area the color I want the Wyoming logo and then buying a decal and painting the backround color around the decal. Seems more complicated than it should. Also, do you think the dark brown or the lighter brown on this website is closer to the right brown? When I finish with the project I'll post a picture. I think everyone will appreciate it. However, the heavy work has to get done before the fun painting stuff can happen.
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

The dark brown, on either side of the main forum itself, is closer to the actual brown. The lighter brown isn't, IMO.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

laxwyo wrote:I'm trying to find a 2 foot tall cowboy stencil so that I can paint the bucking bronc onto a few things. Any ideas? I would just print one out, but the 8x10 isn't quite big enough. Also, what do you think the color code down at the Home Depot would be for the old brown and gold?
Contact the Brown & Gold...David or Scott. They can get you any size Steamboat you want, sticker style, and all you have to do is place it on plexi or wood & cut it out to use as a stencil. 307-742-9701.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I found that Glidden paint has a "team colors" pamphlet that they should carry at home depot or wherever Glidden paint is sold. It is also online but I couldn't get it to tell me what colors. They have just about every sports team colors.

Thanks peachy, I was told by Casey that they could make me whatever size vinyl stickers. I think I'll give them a call because my project is almost complete. The colors just aren't good enough. Needs ole steamboat touch.
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Somewhere on UWs site, they should have the exact colors that you can take to Home Depot and they can match up.. like, they should have the #s that you would need to get exactly what you want.
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Colors came out pretty good! I'm not much of a carpenter, but this double dog house will attach to the outside of my kennel giving the pooches a little bit more room to roam. is insulated with 1.5" insulation and the lid lifts off for easy cleaning. Thanks for the input regarding finding the cowboy colors! Go Pokes!!!
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Where's the picture of the UW Cowboy pooch's that will live in this mansion? :thumb:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wow! That's frickin' awesome!! Nice work! Looks like the bucking horse came out swimmingly well.
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Before you ask, they are Mountain Curs. "Gannett and Cora". The cowboy pooches enjoying their new insulated crib!

W-Y, Until I Die!
Willie
Buckaroo

That's a damn fine dog house ya got there. And some good looking dogs too.

I just got done building a Montana beer pong table in the old school colors. Free handed the entire thing. It's so shiny because I just got done applying polyurethane to it.