Cowboys Asstick gamethread.....let's get ready to rumble.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Cuttslam wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:Holy poop I be taking a road trip to Laramie
You mean Albuquerque?
No Laramie for the championship
Oh...hate to say this but the MW Championship could still be in San Diego even after we beat UNM.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:I'm glad it ended like that. If the refs would have let the call stand, we would be listening to SDSU fans bitch about it for the next 30 years. :D
Now they'll bitch about a pass play when we've corralled Pumphery all game.
On the SDSU board, they're already bitching about how Rocky Long lost them the game with their dumb 2 point conversion call. We always bring out their best excuses.

It was the right call though. We dominated time of possession and their small front seven was gassed.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:I'm glad it ended like that. If the refs would have let the call stand, we would be listening to SDSU fans bitch about it for the next 30 years. :D
On the SDSU board, they're already bitching about how Rocky Long lost them the game with their dumb 2 point conversion call. We always bring out their best excuses.

It was the right call though. We dominated time of possession and their small front seven was gassed.
Funny enough, I actually see quite a few Aztecs fans defending it, while Boise fans say they should've handed it to Pumphrey if they were going for two.

Guess they all came in to watch the game in the last minute.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

If neither of us is ranked in the playoff poll I think if we end with the same conference record we win the tiebreaker.

This thing could be in Laramie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Easily one the 5 best games I've ever seen at the War. I know we have a great running back and so do they, but Josh Allen is conference player of the year, hands down. I can't believe how accurate he was in that wind. He was the difference. The number of big plays he makes when the game is on the line is incredible.

This was a really good team we beat today. I thought the defense would redeem itself and except for the last minute of each half, they played great. Who's going to Albquerque?
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:Holy poop I be taking a road trip to Laramie
You mean Albuquerque?
No Laramie for the championship
Oh...hate to say this but the MW Championship could still be in San Diego even after we beat UNM.
Yeah I know and I'll be at that one for sure if beat New Mexico
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

The division champion with the higher College Football Playoff ranking going into final week of regular season is designated as the host school unless it loses its final regular season game. If the latter occurs, or neither team is ranked in the latest available College Football Playoff rankings, then the following procedure is used:[2]

Team with better composite ranking among selected computer rankings
Head-to-head record
Record versus common conference opponents
Winning percentage against the next-highest placed common conference opponent and proceeding through the conference, with placing based on:
Placement within the division
Overall conference record
Composite of selected computer rankings
Coin toss

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Note how there is no SDPoke, or whatever the hell that jerk's username is. When the Pokes win, he's nowhere to be found. Only in losses does he turn up and spread his stench around here.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:Note how there is no SDPoke, or whatever the hell that jerk's username is. When the Pokes win, he's nowhere to be found. Only in losses does he turn up and spread his stench around here.
It's hard to find time to slip your hand up a socks ass for whatever SDSU fan he really is. :D
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Rocky went for two because

1. On the road
2. His defense was on the field the whole game

W-Y, Until I Die!
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

Cowboy Junky wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

I wish we had gone for two in vegas. Everyone at tailgate said the same thing. I like definitive endings to games. Mad respect to rocky long for that call.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

bladerunnr wrote:Easily one the 5 best games I've ever seen at the War. I know we have a great running back and so do they, but Josh Allen is conference player of the year, hands down. I can't believe how accurate he was in that wind. He was the difference. The number of big plays he makes when the game is on the line is incredible.

This was a really good team we beat today. I thought the defense would redeem itself and except for the last minute of each half, they played great. Who's going to Albquerque?
Brian Hill and Josh Allen will not only play on Sunday, but start on teams and make a difference.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I saw the second half.
Loved the end when they enemy went for 2 because I knew they weren't gonna get it.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

alyssa wrote:I saw the second half.
Loved the end when the enemy went for 2 because I knew they weren't gonna get it.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

elfletcho wrote:
bladerunnr wrote:Easily one the 5 best games I've ever seen at the War. I know we have a great running back and so do they, but Josh Allen is conference player of the year, hands down. I can't believe how accurate he was in that wind. He was the difference. The number of big plays he makes when the game is on the line is incredible.

Brian Hill and Josh Allen will not only play on Sunday, but start on teams and make a difference.
Yep.
And just to be clear to everyone, Hill can catch the ball, it's just we have so many other receiving threats, there hasn't been much need to toss him the ball.

If one or both end up in Denver, I'll at least be able to follow both pretty well.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

fromolwyoming wrote:Note how there is no SDPoke, or whatever the hell that jerk's username is. When the Pokes win, he's nowhere to be found. Only in losses does he turn up and spread his stench around here.
Jeez I work on weekends! I can't play around on the internet! Cut me some slack!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand

The excuse-laden aztecs need to quit whining about the refs. Bad calls both sides. However, they are completely wrong about the Maulhardt catch that they claim was an INT. His butt was clearly on the turf and the ball was still at his chest. Dual possession goes to the receiver.

whyoh
WyoNation Addict

PokeNer wrote:The excuse-laden aztecs need to quit whining about the refs. Bad calls both sides. However, they are completely wrong about the Maulhardt catch that they claim was an INT. His butt was clearly on the turf and the ball was still at his chest. Dual possession goes to the receiver.

agreed......and imho there's no way that was dual possesion, Maulhardt had full control of that ball before the defender even had a hand on it
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
PokeNer
Ranch Hand

Also, I don't think the hail mary should have been overturned. He never seemed to gain 100% control of the ball; it was always moving up until the point that they knocked it away. It was called an incomplete pass, it should have stayed that way.

Anyways, on to NM. Good outing Pokes, let's bring the re-match back to the War, shore up the kick returns, and really put a thumping on them!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I thought the same thing but acknowledge my brown and gold goggles may be impacting me a bit.

To overturn a play you must have indisputable evidence and that seemed disputable to me.