Wyoming @ UNLV

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

GoPokes86 wrote:On to SDSU. Bohl and Co. have a ton to work on this week. It seemed like the whole team was off for most of the game. Timing was off on a lot of Josh's throws today. The interception at the end of overtime was definitely a forced throw and a poor decision, one of many. I just can't get over how atrocious our tackling was. Looked like a Christensen defense today. Arm tackles all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the biggest reason I am hopeful for this week. Arm tackles and being in bad positions can be corrected. Our defense is much better than the performance today and I expect a nice rebound, especially Wingard. No idea what was up with him today. He was a huge liability but is still young and there is NO DOUBT in my mind he will learn and will come back better just like Allen after Nebraska.
[email protected]
Buckaroo

Subcanis wrote:Well... that sucked.

Seriously, is Wingard hurt?
I'm thinking he certainly doesn't seem at 100% he looked more like a matador then a football player tonight oley!

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:Wyoming didn't deserve to win this anyway. Horrific defense.
Wyoming didn't perform on either side of the ball. Offense or defense - they both sucked. And Wingard, is one of 11 of a unit. He may have some off days, but there are 10 other guys.

alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I missed another game.
The loss is terrible.
In short What HAPPENED?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

The offense put up 52 in regulation. I'm going to have to say they showed up. The defense was pathetic and cost Wyoming the game. It's hard to be balanced on offense when you're playing catchup the whole game with a defense that refuses to get itself off the field. This is one of the worst defensive performances by any team in the country this year. These kids went out and embarrassed themselves in fashion today. They need to figure out their poop real quick before SDSU has 600 yards rushing next weekend.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

DVDA wrote:The offense put up 52 in regulation. I'm going to have to say they showed up. The defense was pathetic and cost Wyoming the game. It's hard to be balanced on offense when you're playing catchup the whole game with a defense that refuses to get itself off the field. This is one of the worst defensive performances by any team in the country this year. These kids went out and embarrassed themselves in fashion today. They need to figure out their poop real quick before SDSU has 600 yards rushing next weekend.
I saw a different game then, dropped passes, Josh missed how many receivers. They were not very good either side of the ball.

elfletcho
Ranch Hand

aranderson wrote:Don't expect many people to show up to the game Saturday after this atrocity.
What? One bad game we are throwing ourselves off a cliff? We scored 66 points for christsakes!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

elfletcho wrote:
aranderson wrote:Don't expect many people to show up to the game Saturday after this atrocity.
What? One bad game we are throwing ourselves off a cliff? We scored 66 points for christsakes!
I don't disagree, but this fan base has been timid to attend all season. We have had perfect weather thus far and fairly lousy attendance for how good this team has been.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

DVDA wrote:The offense put up 52 in regulation. I'm going to have to say they showed up. The defense was pathetic and cost Wyoming the game. It's hard to be balanced on offense when you're playing catchup the whole game with a defense that refuses to get itself off the field. This is one of the worst defensive performances by any team in the country this year. These kids went out and embarrassed themselves in fashion today. They need to figure out their poop real quick before SDSU has 600 yards rushing next weekend.
The offense didn't really put up 52, it was 35. The defense scored and special teams scored. Let's give a little credit to UNLV. Their qb is pretty good. He threw some lasers and has good speed. Gentry made 2 catches today that were as good as any I've ever seen. The defense has been suspect most of the year. Last week, we gave up 3 tds in just about 1/2 a qtr. If we don't force turnovers, we struggle. Still, it's been a great season that isn't over yet. I think we will play better at home.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

bladerunnr wrote:
The offense didn't really put up 52, it was 35. The defense scored and special teams scored. Let's give a little credit to UNLV. Their qb is pretty good. He threw some lasers and has good speed. Gentry made 2 catches today that were as good as any I've ever seen. The defense has been suspect most of the year. Last week, we gave up 3 tds in just about 1/2 a qtr. If we don't force turnovers, we struggle. Still, it's been a great season that isn't over yet. I think we will play better at home.
I'd disagree that he's good. We have a bad habit of making average QBs look good.

W-Y, Until I Die!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Hill couldn't run the ball. I had a bad feeling going into this game. The fact we made a game of it was sad by UNLV.

Bye bye Vegas and SD. Hell, they better beat new mex or this "magical" season could feel pretty down pretty quickly.

Holy $_&- our defense?
Ronalduw
Buckaroo

Putting up 66 is great, when you don't give up 69. A few key things stood out. In the first half Allen was completely off his normal rhythm. For the game, he had three turnovers. He missed several passes. For the entire game our offensive and defensive lines got dominated by UNLV, this was surprising as they have played decent most of the season. Gafford was made an example of by UNLV QB on what a poor corner looks like. He was in position for a few plays by for the most part, they passed to Boyd whenever they wanted. Hell it was almost a guarantee pass and first down every time. Wingard, as phenomenal as he has been, blew coverage on several key plays that cost us significant points. Our coverage on the 2pt conversion was pathetic. As a team we lost this game, but some players definitely contributed more to the loss. There is no need to dwell on the lost, we must move on. Hopefully our team, and the players listed above, can get their act together and help us get back to winning a championship.
cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

elfletcho wrote:
The take home message today is that we gave up 52 in regulation to a poor team.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Wingard played like dog poop. That was the worst game I've ever seen him play. Tackle the f-word legs, man. Wrap up. It's fundamentals!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

laxwyo wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
laxwyo wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:Defense should have to walk home. f-word losers.
Why don't you shut the f-word up

Sorry. Giving up 69 points and 700 yards was great. Good job fellas! Better?
You're a piece of poop fan that seems to revel in losses. You're almost giddy

You can count on the puppet dudes to really pile it on after losses. Don't see much of them when times are good.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Grrrrrr so disappointed, but that kinda a good thing, I think
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

stymeman wrote:Grrrrrr so disappointed, but that kinda a good thing, I think
Same here. A loss like this one might be what's needed to wake the guys up for the last two regular season games. We still hold the tiebreaker over Smurf State. :D
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
laxwyo wrote:

I wouldn't consider this person a fan. Not a fan at all based on his history of only posting negative crap and nothing else. I think he is a byu fan trying to stir up trouble.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
laxwyo wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
laxwyo wrote:

I wouldn't consider this person a fan. Not a fan at all based on his history of only posting negative crap and nothing else. I think he is a byu fan trying to stir up trouble.
And keeps going on how we should drop to FCS.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

At this point it's all about how do we bounce back next week.

We basically have two problems now, Boise and New Mexico win which means we have to beat SDSU next week or MWC Championship aspirations are completely done.

The loss while it sucks could help us finish strong not happy we lost but we're still hanging by a thread.