College Gameday in Laramie???

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I can't believe I'm even considering this, seeing how as of the last few years I have been a pessimist when it comes to our football team, but here it goes...what are the odds College Gameday comes to Laramie next week?

***For all of you that are going to post 1 game/week at a time, I know, we need to win this week first, this is just a hypothetical.****

If both UW and SDSU win this week, it sets up a showdown in Laramie next week. There are a few other big games around the country next week, but only a few. Ones that would probably be in consideration for Gameday:

- #25 Washington State @ #15 Colorado - a win puts either team just 1 game away from the PAC-12 championship,
- #14 Oklahoma @ #20 West Virginia - the winner is all but a lock for the Big XII championship game,
- #11 Florida @ #13 LSU - makeup of the cancelled Hurricane game; if I had to choose, this would be my bet,
- Chattanooga @ #1 Alabama - extreme outside chance, but it is an 8-1 team (albeit FCS) at a 9-0 team.

There you have it, really only 3 other games that would really be worthy of being the destination for Corso and crew. If I were putting odds on it, I would say that Florida @ LSU is the favorite, but UW/SDSU could/should be in the discussion. If everyone wins out as expected, I'd say only a 10-20% chance they head to Laramie, but that's 10-20% more than ever in history, so that's something.

Your thoughts...?
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

Awesome to think about, but I think there are too many money games involving ranked teams above us.

I'm glad we're even having this conversation...

ww
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Maybe after 2-3 NY6 bowls it might be in the cards because of Bohl but I still doubt it. Has any MWC team ever had that type of honor?

Utah, TCU or BSU let's be honest they have all had better resumes for something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

WestWYOPoke wrote:I can't believe I'm even considering this, seeing how as of the last few years I have been a pessimist when it comes to our football team, but here it goes...what are the odds College Gameday comes to Laramie next week?

***For all of you that are going to post 1 game/week at a time, I know, we need to win this week first, this is just a hypothetical.****

If both UW and SDSU win this week, it sets up a showdown in Laramie next week. There are a few other big games around the country next week, but only a few. Ones that would probably be in consideration for Gameday:

- #25 Washington State @ #15 Colorado - a win puts either team just 1 game away from the PAC-12 championship,
- #14 Oklahoma @ #20 West Virginia - the winner is all but a lock for the Big XII championship game,
- #11 Florida @ #13 LSU - makeup of the cancelled Hurricane game; if I had to choose, this would be my bet,
- Chattanooga @ #1 Alabama - extreme outside chance, but it is an 8-1 team (albeit FCS) at a 9-0 team.

There you have it, really only 3 other games that would really be worthy of being the destination for Corso and crew. If I were putting odds on it, I would say that Florida @ LSU is the favorite, but UW/SDSU could/should be in the discussion. If everyone wins out as expected, I'd say only a 10-20% chance they head to Laramie, but that's 10-20% more than ever in history, so that's something.

Your thoughts...?
I'm all for Gameday coming to Laramie and this would be another good opportunity for them, but my guess is Washington State @ Colorado. Kirk has mentioned he wants to go back to Boulder and they have their reason now. Don't forget Big XII has no championship game yet so that other game is meh. Florida and LSU both laid an egg last week so that game is pretty boring now. They've been to a couple of Alabama games already this year and will likely change it up. I would hope Laramie would be their second choice but as of now I'd say Boulder.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Had Wyoming/SDSU not choked against EMU/South Alabama I could see this being a possibility. But not now.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

They were just at LSU, and I'm pretty sure they try their best to avoid hosting at the same school twice in a season. Honestly if the fluffs or WSU loses, I don't think it's too crazy...

Someone on Reddit is already making a push for it...

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'd love to see this and with Bohl being on CGD in Fargo, why not Laramie, probably won't happen but man oh man sign me up I'll be there!!!! early
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:I'd love to see this and with Bohl being on CGD in Fargo, why not Laramie, probably won't happen but man oh man sign me up I'll be there!!!! early
hell yeah, i'd be there with bells on
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Where would we do it location-wise? In front of Old Main? In front of Half Acre? Right in the middle of Prexy's?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:Maybe after 2-3 NY6 bowls it might be in the cards because of Bohl but I still doubt it. Has any MWC team ever had that type of honor?

Utah, TCU or BSU let's be honest they have all had better resumes for something like that.
2010: Oregon State at Boise State, TCU at Utah
2009: TCU at BYU, Army at AFA, Utah at TCU
2004: BYU at Utah
2002: Notre Dame at AFA
2001: Army at AFA
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Maybe after 2-3 NY6 bowls it might be in the cards because of Bohl but I still doubt it. Has any MWC team ever had that type of honor?

2010: Oregon State at Boise State, TCU at Utah
2009: TCU at BYU, Army at AFA, Utah at TCU
2004: BYU at Utah
2002: Notre Dame at AFA
2001: Army at AFA
afa's hosted three effing times?

stymeman
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:Where would we do it location-wise? In front of Old Main? In front of Half Acre? Right in the middle of Prexy's?
I'd vote for middle of Prexy's
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Where would we do it location-wise? In front of Old Main? In front of Half Acre? Right in the middle of Prexy's?
I'd vote for middle of Prexy's
if it's sub 50º i bet they'd set up in the IPF or AA

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote:if it's sub 50º i bet they'd set up in the IPF or AA
Nah they don't ever seem to set up indoors
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
whyoh wrote:if it's sub 50º i bet they'd set up in the IPF or AA
Nah they don't ever seem to set up indoors
i guess

i just can't remember the last time i saw them broadcasting out in the cold

then again, i've usually lost interest in college football by this time of year

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Going to Boulder
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Middle of Prexy's, or maybe just shut down Grand Ave. from 3rd street to the tracks
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

wyokoke wrote:Going to Boulder
Which actually wouldn't be a terrible thing for Pokes either - I think we could get a LARGE contingent down there with signs, myself included.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote:
Middle of Prexy's, or maybe just shut down Grand Ave. from 3rd street to the tracks
Ivinson would be better then the Buckhorn could be a part of the festivities, lol
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote:Going to Boulder