Bowl projections

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

I get the BYU hate, but I just don't get why anybody would NOT want to see us kick their ass in a bowl. Its a win-win....they are never getting into a P-5 conference and now are getting their ass kicked by a team in a conference they wanted no part of. To me, its our dream matchup....for this year. Can you just imagine a Las Vegas bowl with WYO vs BYU??? Oh the fun that would be had....
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Gosh, this sucks not knowing. Plane tickets a week before the game are usually double the price. If I was betting, my guess is SD Bowl.
It'll be closer to 2 weeks minimum. Bowl matchups are announced on the 4th. New Mexico and Vegas are on the 17th, SD on the 21st, Boise the 22nd, Hawaii the 24th and Arizona the 30th.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Vegas is probably lickin it's chops knowing UW is in bowl contention, $$$$$ and the brown and gold
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

wiley wapiti wrote:I get the BYU hate, but I just don't get why anybody would NOT want to see us kick their ass in a bowl. Its a win-win....they are never getting into a P-5 conference and now are getting their ass kicked by a team in a conference they wanted no part of. To me, its our dream matchup....for this year. Can you just imagine a Las Vegas bowl with WYO vs BYU??? Oh the fun that would be had....
Totally agreed. Vegas is my #1 hope (well, after the Cotton Bowl, but that's a MAJOR long shot), but after Vegas I'd take Poinsettia against the borg for sure. I'd love to kick the hell out of them!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

wiley wapiti wrote:I get the BYU hate, but I just don't get why anybody would NOT want to see us kick their ass in a bowl. Its a win-win....they are never getting into a P-5 conference and now are getting their ass kicked by a team in a conference they wanted no part of. To me, its our dream matchup....for this year. Can you just imagine a Las Vegas bowl with WYO vs BYU??? Oh the fun that would be had....
Can't speak for everyone, but for me it's from seeing too many good Wyoming teams get beat by BYU. All the calls go their way and we usually play our worst game of the year against them.

Last time we played them we got called for pass interference early in the game for bumping into one of their receivers on a non catchable pass. BYU Scored that drive. On our last drive we're in the red zone down by one score and can't get the pass to our receiver because the BYU back is draped all over him. No call. I could go on and on about other games. Let SDSU have that frustration.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

COS Cowboy wrote:
Can't speak for everyone, but for me it's from seeing too many good Wyoming teams get beat by BYU. All the calls go their way and we usually play our worst game of the year against them.

Last time we played them we got called for pass interference early in the game for bumping into one of their receivers on a non catchable pass. BYU Scored that drive. On our last drive we're in the red zone down by one score and can't get the pass to our receiver because the BYU back is draped all over him. No call. I could go on and on about other games. Let SDSU have that frustration.
Yep. Let SDSU deal with it. It is a no win to me. I am LDS and the environment when these teams play is awful. It is beyond football. BYU mocking incest and sheep (nothing to do with football), many Wyo fans attacking the religion (nothing to do with football). It is awful. Religion and Wyo football are important to me. When those are mixed, I feel attacked by both fan bases. Too bad it couldn't just be about football, but it is what it is. I know many on here hate the church, that is fine. I still love you idiots anyway. I know your passion for the Pokes is real. I appreciate that. That said, for me personally, it is a tough environment to be in. I wish the church would get rid of sports. The fans are awful and far from what are taught to act like.

BYU is a bad bad ex. Been there, done that. They are complaining about playing SDSU because it is "home for them." They don't want to play BSU because it is "a rematch." They don't want New Mexico because "it is New Mexico." Just condescending A holes.

The Poinsettia Bowl could be the best or worst day of my life. The thought of beating them makes me beyond excited. The thought of losing to them could do me in. Ugh. No thanks.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

PorkerPoke wrote:The MWC currently has 5 bowl eligible teams. Five teams have a chance at .500 or better with only four having a chance since three of the teams play each other.

CSU is at 5 wins but plays 3 tougher games: @ AFA, UNM, @SDSU. CSU could easily finish 5-7.

Hawaii at 4-6 has 3 games: BSU, @FSU, UMASS. In the case of Hawaii if they finish at 6-7 they are still not eligible until all 6-6 teams have been placed including 6-6 teams with 2 FCS wins. http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -5-7-teams

Nevada, USU and UNLV are all at 3-6 and IMO have very little chance of winning out. Nevada and USU play each other so that eliminates either. Nevada plays UNLV so that eliminates either UNLV will lose to Wyoming so they will be eliminated before playing Nevada.

As of week 10 there are (of 128):

48 bowl eligible teams
24 at 5 wins
19 at 4 wins
16 at 3 wins with 6 losses
2 at 2 wins with 6 losses
the rest will not finish above .500

If the MWC can get that 7th eligible team then all 6 slots will be filled. Assuming that UW, BSU or SDSU do not get to a New Year's 6 bowl there could be the possibility of taking over a spot for the B12 or P12 let alone any other conference.

I would like to see UW play in:

1. Las Vegas versus Arizona State
2. at large in Phoenix against Texas in the Cactus Bowl
3. San Diego just wish it was not BY-poo
This is what I am hoping! SO many friends and family in Phoenix. Would be SO badass to see the Pokes whoop dat ass in Sun Devil Stadium or at Univ. of Phoenix stadium!

In August, who would have thought we'd be having this conversation THIS late into the season! Its nuts
djm19
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
PorkerPoke wrote:The MWC currently has 5 bowl eligible teams. Five teams have a chance at .500 or better with only four having a chance since three of the teams play each other.

CSU is at 5 wins but plays 3 tougher games: @ AFA, UNM, @SDSU. CSU could easily finish 5-7.

Hawaii at 4-6 has 3 games: BSU, @FSU, UMASS. In the case of Hawaii if they finish at 6-7 they are still not eligible until all 6-6 teams have been placed including 6-6 teams with 2 FCS wins. http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -5-7-teams

Nevada, USU and UNLV are all at 3-6 and IMO have very little chance of winning out. Nevada and USU play each other so that eliminates either. Nevada plays UNLV so that eliminates either UNLV will lose to Wyoming so they will be eliminated before playing Nevada.

As of week 10 there are (of 128):

48 bowl eligible teams
24 at 5 wins
19 at 4 wins
16 at 3 wins with 6 losses
2 at 2 wins with 6 losses
the rest will not finish above .500

If the MWC can get that 7th eligible team then all 6 slots will be filled. Assuming that UW, BSU or SDSU do not get to a New Year's 6 bowl there could be the possibility of taking over a spot for the B12 or P12 let alone any other conference.

I would like to see UW play in:

1. Las Vegas versus Arizona State
2. at large in Phoenix against Texas in the Cactus Bowl
3. San Diego just wish it was not BY-poo
This is what I am hoping! SO many friends and family in Phoenix. Would be SO badass to see the Pokes whoop dat ass in Sun Devil Stadium or at Univ. of Phoenix stadium!

In August, who would have thought we'd be having this conversation THIS late into the season! Its nuts
Phoenix would be so cool. Pokes travel well. We would have a decent contingency. Just win Pokes!
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

djm19 wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:

Yep. Let SDSU deal with it. It is a no win to me. I am LDS and the environment when these teams play is awful. It is beyond football. BYU mocking incest and sheep (nothing to do with football), many Wyo fans attacking the religion (nothing to do with football). It is awful. Religion and Wyo football are important to me. When those are mixed, I feel attacked by both fan bases. Too bad it couldn't just be about football, but it is what it is. I know many on here hate the church, that is fine. I still love you idiots anyway. I know your passion for the Pokes is real. I appreciate that. That said, for me personally, it is a tough environment to be in. I wish the church would get rid of sports. The fans are awful and far from what are taught to act like.

BYU is a bad bad ex. Been there, done that. They are complaining about playing SDSU because it is "home for them." They don't want to play BSU because it is "a rematch." They don't want New Mexico because "it is New Mexico." Just condescending A holes.

The Poinsettia Bowl could be the best or worst day of my life. The thought of beating them makes me beyond excited. The thought of losing to them could do me in. Ugh. No thanks.

All I can say is wow, maybe I'm just crazy but I believe a real, true competitor WANTS the team/person they just can't seem to beat. I mean really, how are we ever gonna get respect or take that next step. You have to beat the best or the team that seem to have your number or people will look at you like the little brother your whole life. Just like our win over BSU two weeks ago, that will open peoples eyes a little. BYU, although we haven't played them in awhile, is just another team on our revenge tour. You people are like the victim in an abusive relationship..."no just let them go, I don't want to be better cause they might beat me again". Of course I kid....kinda of.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

wiley wapiti wrote:
djm19 wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:

All I can say is wow, maybe I'm just crazy but I believe a real, true competitor WANTS the team/person they just can't seem to beat. I mean really, how are we ever gonna get respect or take that next step. You have to beat the best or the team that seem to have your number or people will look at you like the little brother your whole life. Just like our win over BSU two weeks ago, that will open peoples eyes a little. BYU, although we haven't played them in awhile, is just another team on our revenge tour. You people are like the victim in an abusive relationship..."no just let them go, I don't want to be better cause they might beat me again". Of course I kid....kinda of.
I am not so much worried about them "beating us again." They are dead to me now. I don't want anything to do with them. Ever.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Would be SO badass to see the Pokes whoop dat ass in Sun Devil Stadium or at Univ. of Phoenix stadium!
BTW this is the second of three straight years the Cactus Bowl will be at Chase Field (Diamondbacks stadium).
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

djm19 wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:

BYU* mocking incest is like a moron mocking an idiot. Utah is the Arkansas of the Rockies...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
CitizenCane
Buckaroo

Phoenix! We are going to any except Boise. Cactus payout is $2 Million more than Las Vegas and 10 time spud bowl.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Phoenix would be awesome love to have the game local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Would be SO badass to see the Pokes whoop dat ass in Sun Devil Stadium or at Univ. of Phoenix stadium!
BTW this is the second of three straight years the Cactus Bowl will be at Chase Field (Diamondbacks stadium).
Oh that would be SO awesome! I am begging the football gods.... Let the Cowboys play in the Cactus Bowl!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Wyoming played in the Cactus Bowl (in those days it was known as the Copper Bowl) in 1990 and 1993. It would be fun to get back there this year.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

CowboyNV wrote:Wyoming played in the Cactus Bowl (in those days it was known as the Copper Bowl) in 1990 and 1993. It would be fun to get back there this year.
That's when it was in Tucson
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

No love lost for the Copper Bowl by Wyoming fans. Cowboys were 10-2 (the history experts can fill in the year) but Utah got invited to the Copper Bowl instead because the Executive Director was a Utah alum. Wyoming left out of the bowl picture. Of course there wasn't quite as many bowls then as there are now.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Cheywypoke wrote:No love lost for the Copper Bowl by Wyoming fans. Cowboys were 10-2 (the history experts can fill in the year) but Utah got invited to the Copper Bowl instead because the Executive Director was a Utah alum. Wyoming left out of the bowl picture. Of course there wasn't quite as many bowls then as there are now.
That was 1996.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Phoenix would be awesome love to have the game local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would the Cactus Bowl even consider a MWC team? I don't remember one coming out here. It sure would be awesome though!