I do wish our student section showed more class

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

elfletcho wrote: New thing? I think not. They were doing it four or five years ago during Christensen.
It started before Christensen. I remember after the first home game under DC, a letter got sent out supposedly written by him to the entire student body/faculty asking to stop that cheer. When the students continued to do it, the PA guy stopped saying the trademark "That's good enough for a Brown n' Gold, W-Y-O..." to try and get students out of sync. I guess it may never go away...
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

I don't care for the 1st down chant. It seems to be a Miami tradition, have heard it a while during their games both Hurricanes and Dolphin games, and I have no love for Miami. I dislike it more that it is something they do in Miami rather than the swearing.

I will keep bringing my kids to the games. If they pick up on things I will talk to them about it.

When I was a student, there were a few cheers I didn't care for, first down mother truckers being one of them. Having said that, I will admit there were a few times typically after BYU games that after the game I had a few things to bring to confession the next Saturday.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

I was born and raised a Cowboy fan and was always told we were rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. Its just who we are. Get over it.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Every game at every student section I've seen is classless.

The fans may disguise that by being louder than some student sections but student sections aren't built on respect probably never will be.

At the ASU games I've attended there is no class at all I the student section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Wyo2dal on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

wellpoke wrote:I don't like it much, but they're kids. And you wouldn't be able to hear it if the rest of the stadium didn't feel like a church on Sunday most of the time.

Maybe that's gotten better over the season, but the Air Force game was way too quiet, and when our section tried to get loud we got a lot of crusty looks.

GO POKES!
The grey hairs are terrible. I never sit in my seats in section F because of all the d-bags.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:However, if we ever play BYU again, there's only one chant that's needed.
The greatest chant of all time!!!! :D
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:Every game at every student section I've seen is classless.

The fans may disguise that by being louder than some student sections but student sections aren't built on respect probably never will be.

At the ASU games I've attended there is no class at all I the student section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Student section at Oregon games is too baked to get all that aggressive.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

You know what IS great...there are still students in the student section after half time this year!!

The East-West stadium setup is nice. Plenty of room for the 'older crowd' on the West side. I don't find the first down chant all that creative or tasteful, but I love to hear it because it means the Poke are moving the ball!

Personally - I have tickets on the West side but always sit on the East side.
sqor
Buckaroo

our students are the best ...... we must leave them alone
sqor
Buckaroo

born in the backwoods
raised in a cave
fighting and F!@#$%* is all we crave
cast iron stomachs and a nine inch rods
we are mean mother F&^%$#@%
we are cowboys By God
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:You know what IS great...there are still students in the student section after half time this year!!

The East-West stadium setup is nice. Plenty of room for the 'older crowd' on the West side. I don't find the first down chant all that creative or tasteful, but I love to hear it because it means the Poke are moving the ball!

Personally - I have tickets on the West side but always sit on the East side.
Best post on this thread, students are staying and engaged!!! it's truly a nice sight to see!!! GO POKES