Utah's Basketball Program Falling Apart Also

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 242 times

Utah has had 4 players transfer out over the last week, including their leading scorer this year in Carlon Brown.
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

r u kidding me?? really??

sh!t
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Here is the article out of Salt Lake. Rumors circulating that a 5th player may be leaving the Utes. I can't imagine Boylen lasts much longer.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... cid=rss-38
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

In Utah, if several players leave, the coach is at the very least in the hot seat. In Wyoming, he get's a contract extension.

Anybody else see a problem with this?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:In Utah, if several players leave, the coach is at the very least in the hot seat. In Wyoming, he get's a contract extension.

Anybody else see a problem with this?
I'm sorry, did Schroyer get a contract extention this season? Or, did he get one last season after he improved on his 1st year record? Did our best players leave? Or, were players who didn't pan out asked to leave? You're comparing apples to oranges.

The season is over, move on.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

JimmyDimes wrote:I'm sorry, did Schroyer get a contract extention this season? Or, did he get one last season after he improved on his 1st year record? Did our best players leave? Or, were players who didn't pan out asked to leave? You're comparing apples to oranges.

Not to butt in...but you are kind of right here Jimmy...the contract extension should be put on Burman...he was the one that facked that all up after a mediocre performance last season (2008-2009).

On to your other questions...did he improve vs. year one? Debatable at the very least, given the level of competition, conference record vs. conference record, talent vs. talent, etc. Did our best players leave? Maybe...Manzano could be the next Jordon, so could AJ. :cry:

Let's put this in UW light though...if Heath has, say 1 or 2 more basketball players leave, by the end of semester or shortly thereafter, what would you say then? Time to move on? Maybe so, in the direction of a new coach.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:
I'm sorry, did Schroyer get a contract extention this season? Or, did he get one last season after he improved on his 1st year record? Did our best players leave? Or, were players who didn't pan out asked to leave? You're comparing apples to oranges.

Manzano and AJ Davis were not guys that didn't pan out. Don't act like those two had no talent. Our best player Afam was close to leaving, probably had a lot to do with the fact he has no redshirt available. We will have to wait and see if our roster stays intact for next season.

And any fan has the right to voice their dissatisfaction as much as any fan has the right to voice their satisfaction.

And reasoning that an extension was right based on record is ridiculous. Go back and look at last season's schedule and those team's records. When potential self-dealing (i.e. AD giving contract to a friend) is involved, more scrutiny is required.

I like your optimistic views of the program, but sorry my friend everyone has the right to question what exactly is going on with Cowboy basketball. Your constant bashing of others with differing opinions leads one to question whether you have some sort of connection to Schroyer or Burman.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I'm guessing Jackson leaves.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

The extension was bs. Schroyer had the same conference record that Mcclain had when he got fired so how do you give someone and extension for that. AJ Davis was our second leading scorer when he left so thats losing a key piece of the team. For that matter AJ still finished as the fifth leading scorer for total points. Its to bad that schroyer is staying for another year because I have no faith in him as a coach and I think the damage to mens basketball is unfixable.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:I'm guessing Jackson leaves.
What makes you say this? And wouldn't it have (had) to happen by now, because signing day is in a couple of weeks?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Jackson could wait until after semester to leave. He does not have to do anything or notify anyone before signing day.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
What makes you say this? And wouldn't it have (had) to happen by now, because signing day is in a couple of weeks?
No, there is no timeframe. As long as Jackson doesn't show up to fall classes, he only would lose the one year transfer for which he has a redshirt anyways. All he would need is a release from the school and those are basically granted as a matter of course.

I hope a lot that he does not leave.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WOW! Second leading scorer and good freshman player Marshall Henderson also leaves Utah! That makes it 5 players to leave since the season ended....

http://www.sltrib.com/utahutes/ci_14838120
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

WOW!!!
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

thats pretty poop for Utah. Good for the rest of the conference. Well they will most likely still beat our Wyoming Cupcakes :whistle: