BSU @ UW

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
alyssa wrote:Great job getting the WIN!

I did not get a chance to see this one being so busy so I can't even talk about it.
Missed a hell of a game. Along with senior NT Chase Appleby forcing a fumble for a safety to win the game!
Oh Wow! That's really exciting. Maybe one day I'll see some of it on video. If one of y'all recorded it you should put it on youtube. Historical kind of win.
I can't stand BSU.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

alyssa wrote:Oh Wow! That's really exciting. Maybe one day I'll see some of it on video. If one of y'all recorded it you should put it on youtube. Historical kind of win.
I can't stand BSU.
Here you go, Alyssa!

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

The numbers don't lie!

6-2 in last 8 games
6-18 in previous 24 games

And maybe my favorite part of the win? I don't think it was a fluke. This wasn't an off night by Boise standards. Rypien hit his passing yardage average for the season. McNichols eclipsed his rushing average. Sperbeck got his numbers. No missed kicks. And they got off their weekly trick play for a TD, too. We just flat out outplayed them. We made the big plays when we needed to. We got the big stops when we needed to. Our studs came through in the clutch when we needed them to. Man, this feels so good!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wanna hear another interesting stat?

Last year there were 24 completions to WRs not named Tanner or Jake. Already this year there are 22.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think offensive line play is the biggest difference in this team. They flat out are steam rolling guys and giving great protection. It was great to see our second string guy step in and not miss a beat.

Tight end is a position we are improving drastically as well.

Really this is as complete of a game as I can remember the pokes playing against a ranked opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I felt like I was in college after this win, staying on my 50 yd line in the student section, and after that awesome safety I yelled and the section "wanna go onto the field" the kids looked at me and said HOW, I said follow me and we got there, I felt like when we rushed the field when we beat the mighty SDSU and Marshall Faulk in 92, man oh man what a night!!!! NO let downs against a pesky USU squad, still buzzing
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

joshvanklomp wrote:The numbers don't lie!

6-2 in last 8 games
6-18 in previous 24 games

And maybe my favorite part of the win? I don't think it was a fluke. This wasn't an off night by Boise standards. Rypien hit his passing yardage average for the season. McNichols eclipsed his rushing average. Sperbeck got his numbers. No missed kicks. And they got off their weekly trick play for a TD, too. We just flat out outplayed them. We made the big plays when we needed to. We got the big stops when we needed to. Our studs came through in the clutch when we needed them to. Man, this feels so good!
This! We didn't play a perfect game either. Came away empty on the 4th and goal, didn't score on every Boise turnover, while Boise did score on our lone interception and our turnover on downs (99 yard drive in like 5 plays!). None of our trick plays worked, we had some droughts in scoring, several 3 and outs, and we trailed for nearly the entire game. I think the only perfect aspect of the game was that we committed no penalties. Well that and our kicking game. :D
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Although the game was decided on the safety, besides the end of halves we really didn't get much pressure on Rypien. I thought that was a recipe for a BSU blow out. We were able to limit their big plays to long gains instead of outright touchdowns generally.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:Wanna hear another interesting stat?

Last year there were 24 completions to WRs not named Tanner or Jake. Already this year there are 22.
Just to make sure, this only includes WR's right? Not receptions by TE's, RB's and trick plays to the QB?
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Not a single penalty on us either.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

So proud of the Cowboys. Those who stay will be champions, baby!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:Wanna hear another interesting stat?

Just to make sure, this only includes WR's right? Not receptions by TE's, RB's and trick plays to the QB?
Correct.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Apparently Shiloh Windsor is under concussion protocol after leaving the game after his head got hit. Did anybody noticed when/where that was?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Apparently Shiloh Windsor is under concussion protocol after leaving the game after his head got hit. Did anybody noticed when/where that was?
Missed that one. Hopefully nothing serious and they're just being careful.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Guys I held true to my word and didn't watch the game. Truth be told, I had already made plans or I would have been in Laramie. What an epic game. Count me among those who never saw this success coming. It appears Bohl really is the real deal. Couldn't be more proud of the team!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
alyssa wrote:Oh Wow! That's really exciting. Maybe one day I'll see some of it on video. If one of y'all recorded it you should put it on youtube. Historical kind of win.
I can't stand BSU.
Here you go, Alyssa!

Merci beaucoup.
I would have taken a while to find it otherwise.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

alyssa wrote:Merci beaucoup.
I would have taken a while to find it otherwise.
Full game link is around here somewhere too if you have 2.5 hours to kill...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Chase Appleby saw the future.

Watch the full game replay. Start the video at 17:25. Watch in the background.

whyoh
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:Chase Appleby saw the future.

Watch the full game replay. Start the video at 17:25. Watch in the background.

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'