OT: But Important. Major Cyber Attack smashed the East Coast.

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

I read something where people who are WikiLeaks followers were attacking US websites because of the US and their shenanigans dealing w/ Julian Assange.. like cutting off his internet and supposedly kidnapping him from the Ecuadorian embassy.
ImageImageImageImage
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

This definitely screwed up my work day as we couldn't rely on github. :-/

One of the largest DDOS attacks of all time... pretty impressive. As far as Assange goes - he can go to hell for all I care. It's one thing to leak information, but now WikiLeaks has started using it as a political tool instead, and I'm not actually talking about the U.S. election, but rather its sudden Pro-Russia stance. It's extremely disturbing for somebody who grew up in Europe to see them scrubbing information on Russian corruption and then try to make Russia's political opponents look bad. Even more disturbing since Russia's started making moves on our NATO allies, potential allies, and others.

The Baltic States, Poland, Finland, and Sweden have all intercepted intelligence bad enough that they're making sudden changes to their military organizations (for Sweden it was definitely a [much needed] wakeup call).
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

The UN controls the internet now.
It is supposed to be the UN who shut down Assange for leaking the truths.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

alyssa wrote:The UN controls the internet now.
It is supposed to be the UN who shut down Assange for leaking the truths.
It was Ecuador who shut his Internet off because they know Clinton's ahead by almost 10 points in the polls, so upsetting her is not a good idea. They're essentially caving while hoping for diplomatic favors.

The UN currently doesn't control the Internet, even though they have a major telecommunications organization that pretty much every country in the world is part of, and they have expressed interest in taking control of ICANN. However, ICANN still hasn't changed hands.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICANN)
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Those polls are so faked. I believe 4 out of 5 people who tell me who they are voting for are not voting for her. It makes me believe that 2 outta 3 Americans won't really vote for her.
Russia has been moving around its military. They are moving ships right now to Syria I think. I saw video of it. I keep hearing about war with Russia.
Things are getting even worse. And James O'Keefe!! and guys like him.
So much happening while people are being distracted by other things they like such as fb or music and not understanding what's happening.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

You also surround yourself with people that think like you, it's human nature. Wake up, this election has been over for a while, Clinton wins easily. I'm not saying I want her to win or lose, just that she is going to, that's reality. When the rest of the GOP is clearly cutting ties to Donnie, the writing is on the wall.

Sorry, this is even more OT than the original OT.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

alyssa wrote:Those polls are so faked. I believe 4 out of 5 people who tell me who they are voting for are not voting for her. It makes me believe that 2 outta 3 Americans won't really vote for her.
Russia has been moving around its military. They are moving ships right now to Syria I think. I saw video of it. I keep hearing about war with Russia.
Things are getting even worse. And James O'Keefe!! and guys like him.
So much happening while people are being distracted by other things they like such as fb or music and not understanding what's happening.
You're saying all these polls that all have completely different sources, many independent, some with their own agendas on both sides of the political spectrum, that have different methodologies, all point at the same fake result in some kind of a giant conspiracy despite in the past having been very accurate regardless of who's winning?

I'm not saying your experiences are wrong, but your experiences are also not representative for the nation as a whole. If my experiences would be representative, Gary Johnson would get more votes than both Hillary and Trump - but it just so happens that a lot of my friends are Republicans who cannot vote for Trump.

I also don't think Trump truly wants to win, or he wouldn't continuously put more nails into his coffin. Unfortunately for him, Allred now has him in his sights too, so the next year is likely to be extremely uncomfortable for him as he keeps painting himself into a corner as she reveals more and more evidence that he claims doesn't exist. Her technique is rather amazing, and given her past, she would not have taken on his case unless she was certain she'd win. Cosby thought he'd be able to wiggle out of her web, but every time he opened his mouth to deny something, she revealed a piece of evidence proving yet another lie.

And yeah... sorry, this is indeed OT.

That DDOS yesterday cost my company a good amount of money as I couldn't get a whole lot of work done. Github's unfortunately tightly integrated into our deployment process.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I agree this is very important information, but it should not be in the football forum.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

obama/clinton admin trying to stop wikileakes