2009 NCAA average football attendances

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

The 2009 NCAA average football attendances have been released.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaahome ... index.html

The recorded average for Wyoming is 19,494. This suprises me with 2 out of our 6 home games having terrible attendance (roads closed on homecoming UNM, and just plain terrible for TCU) I thought we would be more in the 16k-17k range but I guess the Texas game helped us out.

Also of note was the average for the entire MWC was 33,202. This put the conference in a solid 7th place behind the Big East (44,804) and ahead of CUSA (26,600). It also shows the change in the average went up by 1,181 from a year ago.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

We were up to about 22K a couple years ago. When DC gets this train rolling, there is no reason we can't average 25K.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 155 times

Yeah, next year will have an increased attendance considering everyone will have more money because there will be no reason to save money for BB tickets.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote:Yeah, next year will have an increased attendance considering everyone will have more money because there will be no reason to save money for BB tickets.
Did anyone really think there was a reason to buy tickets for bb this year?
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 239 times

Snowman_55 wrote: Did anyone really think there was a reason to buy tickets for bb this year?
Yep, because how can you not root for good kids who play hard with a very likable coach....oh wait, we aren't talking about the women's team