Has anyone ever seen shooting like last night?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Dermody's shots were not only short and long, but left and right as well. Mbaye's free throws almost broke the rim, and Jackson almost put a hole through the backboard on a 3 pointer. Not only do we shoot free throws like a 5th grade team, our shooting is so poor that nothing looks like it will go in.

Schroyer has done an amazingly poor job of recruiting shooters. CSU fans were laughing last night. We have hit a new low. We were run off the court by a truly mediocre team, at best.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Easily the most horrendous shooting I've ever seen at at D1 basketball game. In the first half they (mostly Dermody) kept popping 3-balls and looking like fools without really even setting up any play. Wasted possession every time. I can't believe Dermody got as many minutes as he did - he brought NOTHING. The brutal reality they can't make ANYTHING outside of the paint and not as many as they should in it.

The worst was the free throw shooting - I think I read they were 22% from charity in the first half. No excuse for a coach to sit by and allow that even if they did increase their percentage into the 40's by the end of the game. It's the most fundamental of skills and reflects 100% on the coach. What is he doing in practice?

I was good with the overall hustle from the team, they just didn't have the skills to match csu (pretty sad, actually). Never seemed to give up though. :roll:
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Ive never seen a team get worse as the season goes on.
How many free throws have they missed in the last 6 or so games? 100? 200? Seems like all of them
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

It's time to start organizing the impeachment. Calling all Cowboy Joe members! Also, I think some letters or emails need to be written.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I thought Dermody might be drunk...then I got to thinking that I wouldn't blame him if he was.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I honestly think we would win every game if we could just get the ball in the paint but from anywhere outside the paint we are absolutely the worst shooting team I have ever seen. :(
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:I honestly think we would win every game if we could just get the ball in the paint but from anywhere outside the paint we are absolutely the worst shooting team I have ever seen. :(

When you can't hit the outside shots to save your ass, the other team just packs it in the middle and it makes it hard as hell to get the ball inside. When you do try to drive inside, you either foul them or they foul you - but if you can't hit your free throws it's as good as a turnover. That is a losing situation.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

When was the last time CSU finished ahead of us in the regular season standings?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

WYCowboy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:I honestly think we would win every game if we could just get the ball in the paint but from anywhere outside the paint we are absolutely the worst shooting team I have ever seen. :(

When you can't hit the outside shots to save your ass, the other team just packs it in the middle and it makes it hard as hell to get the ball inside. When you do try to drive inside, you either foul them or they foul you - but if you can't hit your free throws it's as good as a turnover. That is a losing situation.
Problem is some games we shoot from the stripe like pros but we have zero consistency lately so there is no possible way to win if we can't even get semi close to maintaining a high level of FT shooting. Not really saying it's a win situation I just mean overall that anything outside of the paint we are completely failing at.