Who will be our last recruit to commit? and 4-3

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I still hope that we pick up one more reciever, preferably a HS player. I know it will most likely be on the d sided since barksdale is teh spot that is left open. Any one have any ideas on who their going to pick up?

On a side note what is the probability that we go to the 4-3 next year? I kinda hope we go to the 4-3 if that helps increase pressure on the quarterback. I personally think that we have done poorly at getting in the back field the last couple of years. Fletch got decent sack numbers but Unrein did not get his share even when fletcher was double teamed. Part of this might have been scheme since our linebackers were often back in coverage, but you would think that a good pass rush would help our secondary.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

marcuswyo wrote:I still hope that we pick up one more reciever, preferably a HS player. I know it will most likely be on the d sided since barksdale is teh spot that is left open. Any one have any ideas on who their going to pick up?

On a side note what is the probability that we go to the 4-3 next year? I kinda hope we go to the 4-3 if that helps increase pressure on the quarterback. I personally think that we have done poorly at getting in the back field the last couple of years. Fletch got decent sack numbers but Unrein did not get his share even when fletcher was double teamed. Part of this might have been scheme since our linebackers were often back in coverage, but you would think that a good pass rush would help our secondary.
The coaches have said that they want to return to the 4-3, and with some of the recruits we are getting, and a position change or two, I think we may have it next year. As for the final scollie, I haven't heard anything other than it was going to be big or something.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

DC directly said we will be going to the 4-3 while being interviewed by 1240AM (cheyenne) after signing day. Personally, I think the switch is a bad idea considering the current strength of our LB v. the D-line.