Conway as a WR

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

Wow I am the king of double posts today. This topic was on the Basketball side of the board. My bad again.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

rich22 wrote:Wow I am the king of double posts today. This topic was on the Basketball side of the board. My bad again.
No big deal - better to have duplicates to read, than to be stale with nothing going on...right!?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

we do need speed!!!!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Can you play in two collegiate sports at the same time these days? I can't think of a recent case.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WyoBrandX wrote:Can you play in two collegiate sports at the same time these days? I can't think of a recent case.
Quite a few WRs at big time schools are sprinters too
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WyoBrandX wrote:Can you play in two collegiate sports at the same time these days? I can't think of a recent case.
Yes.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

You see it much more often with fall and spring sports because there is a lot less crossover. Examples would be Adoree' Jackson at USC who plays football and is a potential olympic-caliber track athlete. Another example is Jameis Winston who played football and baseball at Florida State.

You don't see very many football and basketball dual athletes because the overlap is so great and coaches for both teams aren't very supportive of sharing time with another sport. Tony Gonzalez and Julius Peppers are a few (albeit older) examples of guys that played football and basketball at the same time.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Antwaan Randle El are some others who did both football and basketball.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Antwaan Randle El are some others who did both football and basketball.
Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

wyokoke wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Antwaan Randle El are some others who did both football and basketball.
Gates never played college football. Graham played football for one season for Miami after he had played 4 years of basketball.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WYO1016 wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
Gates never played college football. Graham played football for one season for Miami after he had played 4 years of basketball.
I thought Gates did one year too? Either way I guess that's kind of a different situation than we're possibly looking at with Austin
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

wyokoke wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
I thought Gates did one year too? Either way I guess that's kind of a different situation than we're possibly looking at with Austin
Gates initially committed to Michigan State to play football for Nick Saban and basketball for Tom Izzo, but Saban told him that he wouldn't allow him to do both.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

The three I mentioned played both simultaneously. Didn't include any 5th year grad schoolers who decided to try a new sport.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

It doesn't happen much anymore but that's not because of any differences in rules/seasons/etc. that I know of. I think it is mainly that coaches don't like it or won't allow it and the fact that many kids specialize in one sport even in high school these days. So it would be rare and most definitely very difficult for Austin to do this but if he has the coaches blessing and wants and is able to do it then that would be awesome I think.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
Gates initially committed to Michigan State to play football for Nick Saban and basketball for Tom Izzo, but Saban told him that he wouldn't allow him to do both.

Nick Saban is a control freak.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Maybe only on April 1st?
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

wyokoke wrote:
Tony Gonzalez @ UC-Berkeley
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Charlie Ward as well.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

WyoExpat wrote:
Maybe only on April 1st?
Well, in my defense, the article was dated from March 31st.
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 8:09 pm