A Real Cowboy

Cory Calvert

Bruno Fernando http://247sports.com/Player/Bruno-Fernando-85464
Montverde acadamy florida

Alpha diallo still a top 100 recuit

There a top 20 recruit from desoto in Dallas, same place Trey is from
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

personally I want Bruno, would bring back dunk town, and protect the rim...

plus he is the mythical 6'10 African player that we have been after for ten years lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oefn46dLPsI
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Shyatt should be going after a Juco big or a transfer big. I doubt he will be recruiting a freshman.

The person he should be recruiting hard right now is Kavell Bigby-Williams out of Gillette College.

They are 27-1 and ranked #5 in the country.

Kavell is averaging 16.9 ppg 13.7 rebounds pg and 5 blocks pg. Leads the nation in rebounds and blocks.

He is a solid 6'10 225 pounds.

He is in Wyoming already so might as well see what we can do. Not sure why the staff wasn't recruiting this kid last year instead of some others.

Not sure what are chances of getting the kid would be but right now his offers are Montana St, Iona, UC Irvine, UTEP, Bradley and Charlotte.
He has interest from 22 other schools with no offer yet including Utah, USC, Oklahoma St. Wichita St and Auburn.

He would be a perfect compliment to what we already have. Not sure if we could pull it off or not though.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

Man seattlecowboy i just looked him up. Shyatt needs to get all over him. Chris broucher is working out really good for Oregon. Hopefully we can keep him in state. 5 blocks a game his defense alone would be game changing!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I checked VerbalCommits today, and it listed LaDarius Thomas of Aurora Central as having a Wyoming offer. Twitter says he was offered in April 2014, but he is still unsigned.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2331172/highlights/47866375
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:Shyatt should be going after a Juco big or a transfer big. I doubt he will be recruiting a freshman.

The person he should be recruiting hard right now is Kavell Bigby-Williams out of Gillette College.

They are 27-1 and ranked #5 in the country.

Kavell is averaging 16.9 ppg 13.7 rebounds pg and 5 blocks pg. Leads the nation in rebounds and blocks.

He is a solid 6'10 225 pounds.

He is in Wyoming already so might as well see what we can do. Not sure why the staff wasn't recruiting this kid last year instead of some others.

Not sure what are chances of getting the kid would be but right now his offers are Montana St, Iona, UC Irvine, UTEP, Bradley and Charlotte.
He has interest from 22 other schools with no offer yet including Utah, USC, Oklahoma St. Wichita St and Auburn.

He would be a perfect compliment to what we already have. Not sure if we could pull it off or not though.
He needs to be wearing brown and gold next season. He has an instinct for defense that we don't have right now
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Naughton is gonna be good, when he gets playing time!!!! finally a big man down low, almost a rarity these days
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I don't think we want a JUCO. or if we do it better be a sophomore. This is a chance to balance the classes and next years junior class is the problem so if we can get another freshman or sophomore or even a graduate transfer that would be best. Of course they need to get the best player they can but this is an opportunity to balance the classes. Which is something everyone was complaining about just yesterday.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

Not a guard. We have enough guards. Someone that's 6'8'' and can rebound, please.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

A couple of potential options that I have thought about:

1. Treyvon Andres, PF, 6'8" 230 (Trinidad State JC) - We were listed as having interest in Andres when he was in high school in Denver, but he was not an academic qualifier. He is doing very well at JC averaging 16 ppg/9 rpg/2 bpg. He is very athletic, although was always listed as 6'7" in High School so his JC height may be exaggerated.

2. Tyrell Williams - Yes, that Tyrell Williams! Why not. He is averaging 12 ppg/8 rpg as a RS Fr. in the JC ranks at Western Nebraska. Would have 3 to play 3.

To me, we need interior help first and foremost.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:Not a guard. We have enough guards. Someone that's 6'8'' and can rebound, please.
I'm scared getting another big might hurt our chances with landing Hunter Thompson next year though. With Naughton and Barnes getting another year of experience, Herndon and Dalton gaining a few pounds and becoming more comfortable with their roles, as well as Moemeka coming off his redshirt... I feel like getting a big in 2016 might cause a perceived log jam and scare away Hunter from staying close to home. Other 2017 targets Parker Stewart and Avea seem like pure shooters, so I wouldn't mind seeing the staff look for another true PG. Besides Lieberman and Conway there's not much else. And if your wishes to never let Lieberman on the court become true, that PG spot becomes even more thin...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

cali2wyo wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Not a guard. We have enough guards. Someone that's 6'8'' and can rebound, please.
I'm scared getting another big might hurt our chances with landing Hunter Thompson next year though. With Naughton and Barnes getting another year of experience, Herndon and Dalton gaining a few pounds and becoming more comfortable with their roles, as well as Moemeka coming off his redshirt... I feel like getting a big in 2016 might cause a perceived log jam and scare away Hunter from staying close to home. Other 2017 targets Parker Stewart and Avea seem like pure shooters, so I wouldn't mind seeing the staff look for another true PG. Besides Lieberman and Conway there's not much else. And if your wishes to never let Lieberman on the court become true, that PG spot becomes even more thin...
Good points
Cowduck
Cowpoke

I said it in the other thread, but I'm in favor of sitting on that scholarship and having three to give the 2017 class. We're on some really good players in that group.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Cowduck wrote:I said it in the other thread, but I'm in favor of sitting on that scholarship and having three to give the 2017 class. We're on some really good players in that group.
We'll offer 3 in 2017 anyway. We've always offered one more than we have available so we won't have to hold on to this one to offer 3 in 2017.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote:
Cowduck wrote:I said it in the other thread, but I'm in favor of sitting on that scholarship and having three to give the 2017 class. We're on some really good players in that group.
We'll offer 3 in 2017 anyway. We've always offered one more than we have available so we won't have to hpold on to this one to offer 3 in 2017.
Plus I would really hate to miss on someone who can help in 2016 because were holding our breath for someone in 2017. We could save 3 schollies for that class and miss on all the players were watching. I get the sentiment, but we still have to win games between now and the 2017 season
Cowduck
Cowpoke

We're really unlikely to get an impact recruit at this point, especially one that will help next season. I'd rather get a 2017 recruit we've been on for a while and have already determined will be a help (and we are on some high quality players in that class) than take a backup plan for 2016. Whether we oversign for 2017 or not my point is the same: I'd rather have a class of 2017 player who is a baller than a class of 2016 afterthought.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

cali2wyo wrote:
The only thing that really worries me about our current crop of bigs is that no one outside of Naughton shows any aggressiveness in the post. Barnes is way too passive, Herndon and Dalton don't have the bulk. While Herndon did gain a little during the last off season, he doesn't have the big banger mentality needed to play inside. Dalton, while more aggressive, is rail thin and I don't see that changing drastically during the upcoming off season.

We have plenty of scorers on this team and on the teams to come with the projected returners and players coming off of the redshirt year. We need someone that takes the role of protecting/owing the paint. I really want to see another Justin Williams on this team.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I think we're missing athleticism from the loss of Nance and Cooke. Our two most athletic freshmen recruits are redshirting this year, so help is on the way. Still we could use some more, and some more length.

Jeremy Shyatt tweeted that they we're going to Denver to see some future Cowboys. That means it's likely Cory Calvert and/or Alpha Diallo. I don't know of any 2017 guys from Colorado. I do know of two 2016 guys. I would love to see Diallo, but I think both will improve the Pokes.

What I would really love to see is a polished post player that has back to the basket moves. So would about 360 other college programs. They're hard to get. Where have all the Erik Leckner's gone?

If we get Calvert, I'm guessing that Conway/Lieberman split the duties at the point and JMac/Gorski/James get the reps at the 2 next year. I like Diallo better. That means the same point rotation, and possibly the same 2 rotation, but with another athletic wing/length to add in the mix.

I'm guessing it's going to be hard to get a good big this late. If we do, I wouldn't be surprised if it is Irshad Hunte. People forgot about him, although his Canadian transcripts kept him from coming here the first time. I would imagine he's got that fixed now.

We'll see, but I'm thinking Diallo, Calvert, or Hunte would help the Pokes immediately and wouldn't be surprised to see any of the three sign.

For those saying we should sit on the scholarship, remember that we may see more attrition this year with the subpar record and all the new faces. We could have to get another 2016 recruit.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:I think we're missing athleticism from the loss of Nance and Cooke. Our two most athletic freshmen recruits are redshirting this year, so help is on the way. Still we could use some more, and some more length.

Jeremy Shyatt tweeted that they we're going to Denver to see some future Cowboys. That means it's likely Cory Calvert and/or Alpha Diallo. I don't know of any 2017 guys from Colorado. I do know of two 2016 guys. I would love to see Diallo, but I think both will improve the Pokes.

What I would really love to see is a polished post player that has back to the basket moves. So would about 360 other college programs. They're hard to get. Where have all the Erik Leckner's gone?

If we get Calvert, I'm guessing that Conway/Lieberman split the duties at the point and JMac/Gorski/James get the reps at the 2 next year. I like Diallo better. That means the same point rotation, and possibly the same 2 rotation, but with another athletic wing/length to add in the mix.

I'm guessing it's going to be hard to get a good big this late. If we do, I wouldn't be surprised if it is Irshad Hunte. People forgot about him, although his Canadian transcripts kept him from coming here the first time. I would imagine he's got that fixed now.

We'll see, but I'm thinking Diallo, Calvert, or Hunte would help the Pokes immediately and wouldn't be surprised to see any of the three sign.

For those saying we should sit on the scholarship, remember that we may see more attrition this year with the subpar record and all the new faces. We could have to get another 2016 recruit.
In Denver they are probably seeing Mueller and some 2017 prospects we have been targeting (Colbey Ross is one), although maybe Calvert. Diallo is playing at a prep school in the northeast this year and will sign very high major, we aren't involved.

I would guess that the last 2016 signing will be someone we don't even know about yet.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

So why hasn't Diallo signed somewhere yet. I don't think we're out of the running for him, although it is less likely we're after him if he isn't in Denver. My brother thought he's still in Denver. I just looked it up. He's in New Hampshire.

I'm betting they're on Calvert. He's an older guy with two years of eligibility. We need more veterans in a big way.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.