I hate to post this, but

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

PL_Julian wrote:If AJ can catch the ball I would love to see him as a reciever or deefensive back with the football team..

He may also have a better shot at pay for play in football after college is over.
Another WR or Defensive Back never hurt. Though I think we are fairly well covered on the DBs for next year. Just the D-Line that really needs talent.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

our DBs are not covered until we can shut down the pass a little
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

gopokes1399 wrote:our DBs are not covered until we can shut down the pass a little
I meant that we have a rotation still due to the amount. I wonder how fast he can run the 40 though?
gopokes1399
Blog Team

fast im sure
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

PL_Julian wrote:If AJ can catch the ball I would love to see him as a reciever or deefensive back with the football team..

He may also have a better shot at pay for play in football after college is over.

Reminds me of Scottie Vines. A.J. is quite a bit taller than Vines, but Vines came to UW on a basketball scholarship (transfer from Eastern Utah JC if I remember right) and he could really jump....unfortunately, he couldn't hit a jump shot to save his life. He was buried in the rotation of some pretty good hoops teams, so he switched to FB.

He ended up playing for the Lions for a couple of years and spent some time in other teams camps (can't remember all of the above). It wasn't the path to riches, but he did play in the NFL.

AJ is a much better BB player than Vines based on my recollection of Vines' game (AJ's hustle and defensive prowess really stand out), but maybe football is a better choice for him. His aggressive physical style (not to mention being 6'5" with solid leaping ability) might make him a good fit on the gridiron. He would really need to add some weight though.

I hope he sticks with the BB team though.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I think hed be a stud at WR
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

PL_Julian wrote:Not actually comparing him to the other players as per talnet or minutes but to say he is a turnover machine I pointed out that Afam is and has been more of a turnover machine. It can be argued that Afam's turnovers are more costly because how and when they occur just as his shot selection in attempting 3's from damn near half court are usually bad shots even when they go in.

I have watched Aj play and practice and to call him a crybaby isn't fair. In fact you are assuming that he can't get along with Schroyer based on PT. It may or may not be.

As far as PT I will say that when AJ was placed in action due to Afam's injury he played well when allowed to play through mistakes which hasn't happened since Afam and now Bouedo are available.

I still say that Bouedo hasn't done anything to warrant him being a starter. He played one good game shooting wise against CSU and since has gone 2-14.
Spot on post IMO.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...