Did anyone see the empty seats in the 2nd half?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

This is so f-word embarrassing to be a Wyo fan.

That place was as empty as a Tuesday night MAC game between two 3-7 teams.

How can anyone stand up for this abomination?

Seriously... how?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:This is so f-word embarrassing to be a Wyo fan.

Seriously... how?
You should ask yourself that question. You use to do that all the time.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Love the Pokes, have ever since 02', and that ain't ever changin'.

Tough times right now.

It happens.

Buckle up, better times are coming.

Go Pokes!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

I agree Beav. This is a very dark time for Wyo football. In this age of social media and instant gratification, I don't know how many recruits will want to come to Laramie.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I really believe that Bohl tore apart every gain ( however slight) that Christensen made. Hell I will go out on a limb and say we had better defensive players under CDC. I am shuddering just thinking what the offense of Wazzu will do to our Defense.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

About fifteen rows of students below me vanished at halftime.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

I have watched both first halves and been so disgusted that I didn't bother going back in for the 2nd half. I'll support this team until my dying day, but I won't waste my time watching this crap. Give me something to cheer for in the first half and I'll gladly stay there for the 2nd.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

mwc fan wrote:I really believe that Bohl tore apart every gain ( however slight) that Christensen made. Hell I will go out on a limb and say we had better defensive players under CDC. I am shuddering just thinking what the offense of Wazzu will do to our Defense.
Thanks...needed the laugh. Pure comedy.

FYI....DC's defenses went from averaging 27 points a game in his first year to 37 in his final year. That is some steady improvement right there.....solid gains.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I'm not embarrassed to be a Poke fan.

We've been pretty damn bad at football for 45 years...longer, even. Now we hire a respected guy to break it down and build it up. Good move.

I don't care about looking outmanned this year. Of course we're outmanned. Good god.

We're going to be that way next year, too, in all likelihood.

Get used to it. That shouldn't be hard. Lord knows we've had practice.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WYO1016 wrote:I have watched both first halves and been so disgusted that I didn't bother going back in for the 2nd half. I'll support this team until my dying day, but I won't waste my time watching this crap. Give me something to cheer for in the first half and I'll gladly stay there for the 2nd.
^ Me ^

I am not sure disgusted is the proper word though...my feeling was much worse than just being disgusted.

:censored:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Seriously... how?
This is hilarious, coming from you...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I left 4 minutes before halftime and never returned. I'm sure many did the same thing.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Call me weird, but I don't understand leaving half way through a game. Haven't you already committed the full four hours it takes to watch it? You paid for the ticket. It makes us look like little bitches when half the crowd leaves at halftime or before.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:Call me weird, but I don't understand leaving half way through a game. Haven't you already committed the full four hours it takes to watch it? You paid for the ticket. It makes us look like little bitches when half the crowd leaves at halftime or before.
It called fair weathered. I understand not wanting to watch a team going through a major rebuild. Especially watching Smith try to throw the ball. I didn't make the drive up this weekend.....and couldn't tell you if I would have stayed or left as well.

It is going to be a tough year. At least Coffman will be back. And, we got to see a glimpse of what Josh Allen can do.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

LanderPoke wrote:Call me weird, but I don't understand leaving half way through a game. Haven't you already committed the full four hours it takes to watch it? You paid for the ticket. It makes us look like little bitches when half the crowd leaves at halftime or before.
I guess it depends. To me, the game felt...well...the best way to describe it...

As if somebody were to shove cedar splinters into the tip of my dna rifle, while pouring battery acid into my eyes.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
It called fair weathered. I understand not wanting to watch a team going through a major rebuild. Especially watching Smith try to throw the ball. I didn't make the drive up this weekend.....and couldn't tell you if I would have stayed or left as well.

It is going to be a tough year. At least Coffman will be back. And, we got to see a glimpse of what Josh Allen can do.
You can call me (and McPeachy) "fair-weathered" all you want, but the fact of the matter is I DO make the drive up every weekend, and have for the better part of 3 decades. People in glass houses...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:

You can call me (and McPeachy) "fair-weathered" all you want, but the fact of the matter is I DO make the drive up every weekend, and have for the better part of 3 decades. People in glass houses...
Glass houses? Not sure what I said to get you all riled up...but oh well.

Go Pokes!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

It is pretty simple. Football is entertainment. It is not entertaining to watch your team get their asses kicked to the extent we've had to endure this season.

You want a complete tear down and rebuild? Fine, but damn sure don't expect people to watch. Attendance will continue to tank as long as performance tanks. If next year is like this year, we might not break a 10K attendance average.

What does everyone say about being patient with the rebuild and losses? Oh yeah, get used to it.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

if I lived closer and went to games more often, I could see myself bolting if things were a complete joke. Especially when weather turns.

As for me, I only get to watch the Pokes play in person a couple times a year so I always stay for the whole game. I sat through many a shutouts and blowouts In SLC, Provo and Logan over the years. Because it was my only game, I stayed the entire time.

I see both sides. If I had season tickets and watching us be blown out by EMU, I may not have stayed. Knowing you would be back in a few weeks anyway

I took a break from Wyonation over the weekend (especially game time) and it was liberating. Sometimes you just need a break. Watching lives games may not be any different. Sometimes it is better to just walk away and wait until next time.

Be patient. We will hit our stride come conf games. Start racking up wins faster than our QB racks up completions.... wait, bad analogy.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote:

Seriously... how?
This is hilarious, coming from you...

I once was lost but now... I realize our program is a joke.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.