Tickets to App St

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

Does anyone know if they have determined where we will be sitting for this game.. Are the tickets on sale?
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I've bought mine through the UW ticket office. They'll be sent just prior to the beginning of the season. The Mountaineer's stadium is on the smaller size so there's not really a bad seat in the house.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Here's the Kidd-Brewer Stadium Seating chart. The Visitor's section is in the lower right...

mwc fan
Cowpoke

What's the best flight plan from Denver to Boone NC ? I don't know what airport is closest in that area. Anyone have a suggestion?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

mwc fan wrote:What's the best flight plan from Denver to Boone NC ? I don't know what airport is closest in that area. Anyone have a suggestion?
Charlotte?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

Actually I live in Greenville, sc Charlotte is a good start but if you can check out Asheville, NC sometimes they have great rates coming and going out of the airport and its only a few hour east to Boone.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

The Virginian wrote:Here's the Kidd-Brewer Stadium Seating chart. The Visitor's section is in the lower right...

What's that orange oval around the field.....odd
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

whyoh wrote:
The Virginian wrote:Here's the Kidd-Brewer Stadium Seating chart. The Visitor's section is in the lower right...

You mean the red thing around the field? That's the track part of Track & Field.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

How big of a crowd should we expect? Company I work with has a site in Mt. Airy, I might have to make a work-related visit.
52-56
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Kidd-Brewer Stadium
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

The Virginian wrote:Image

Kidd-Brewer Stadium
I like the trees.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
whyoh wrote:

You mean the red thing around the field? That's the track part of Track & Field.
https://youtu.be/xECUrlnXCqk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

whyoh wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
whyoh wrote:

https://youtu.be/xECUrlnXCqk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aint. Amused. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

More info on Appalachian State: http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... r-stadium/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe KBS is the highest elevation stadium on the East coast.
ImageImageImageImage
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:I believe KBS is the highest elevation stadium on the East coast.
Correct. 3,250 feet. Next highest out east is Virginia Tech (2,057 feet).

In comparison to MWC stadiums, it's between Boise (2,701 ft) and Nevada (4,610)
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I'm pretty excited to go to this game/trip. Decided to pass on the hotel room and we will be renting a cabin a little east of Boone up in the "high country" for the weekend. Never been back east other than a school trip to D.C. in 8th grade.

For anyone looking to go and having trouble finding hotel rooms, definitely check out homeaway or something similar. There's a lot of cabins that are about 10-15 minutes from Boone.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

GoPokes86 wrote:I'm pretty excited to go to this game/trip. Decided to pass on the hotel room and we will be renting a cabin a little east of Boone up in the "high country" for the weekend. Never been back east other than a school trip to D.C. in 8th grade.

For anyone looking to go and having trouble finding hotel rooms, definitely check out homeaway or something similar. There's a lot of cabins that are about 10-15 minutes from Boone.
Nice area. Definitely worth the trip. I'll be driving over from Northern Virginia. See you there!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Am I the only that doesn't like this game on our schedule? If we go to the east coast, let's actually play somebody. I'm not saying App state is not a worthy opponent but it's one of those games we don't get much out of win or lose. Was this some last minute schedule add? I thought we had LSU or someone equivalent. Bohl will not get his "signature win" with this years schedule.
I'm good for 3!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Cornpoke wrote:Am I the only that doesn't like this game on our schedule? If we go to the east coast, let's actually play somebody. I'm not saying App state is not a worthy opponent but it's one of those games we don't get much out of win or lose. Was this some last minute schedule add? I thought we had LSU or someone equivalent. Bohl will not get his "signature win" with this years schedule.
+1. It's hard to get excited for this one. If we win - no big deal. If we lose - we don't look so good. So if we go east we might as well come back with 500k or more to show for it and the possibility of a huge win.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I'm more excited for the trip on this one, personally. I agree the game doesn't make a lot of sense. The only silver lining could be that we beat the sun belt champion at home.