Its official... Fresno. St. in the NM Bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Interesting matchup, should be a good game.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

We're 3-3 lifetime against the Bulldogs from 1992-97. Home team won EVERY game in the series.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

http://www.wyomingathletics.com/sports/ ... 09aaa.html
Dec. 6, 2009

LARAMIE, Wyo. -

The Wyoming Cowboys are bowl bound as the New Mexico Bowl on Sunday extended an invitation to the Cowboys to face Fresno State. The Fourth Annual New Mexico Bowl will be the first bowl game of the 2009 bowl season, and will be played on Saturday, Dec. 19 in Albuquerque. Kickoff is set for 2:30 p.m., Mountain Time.

New Mexico Bowl Executive Director Jeff Siembieda made the announcement of this year's New Mexico Bowl selections.

"We are excited with this terrific match-up and look forward to the game," Siembieda said. "Having two great programs with incredibly passionate fans makes Fresno State against Wyoming the perfect way to kick off college football's bowl season. We look forward to hosting the Cowboys and Bulldogs for a fun-filled bowl week."

Wyoming's appearance in this year's New Mexico Bowl comes in the first season under head coach Dave Christensen. Christensen led Wyoming to a 6-6 overall record and a 4-4 Mountain West Conference mark, playing the eighth toughest schedule in the country. The Cowboys placed fifth in the MWC this season after being picked to finish last by conference media in the MWC preseason poll.

"We are extremely excited to have an opportunity to play in postseason, and we are particularly excited to be going to Albuquerque to play in the New Mexico Bowl," said University of Wyoming head coach Dave Christensen. "We've heard great things about the bowl and about the people who work so hard all year long to make the New Mexico Bowl a great experience for the teams involved and for the fans who attend the game and all the festivities surrounding it.

"Our kids were thrilled when they heard we were going to the New Mexico Bowl. This group of young men has worked so hard this season to earn this opportunity. My staff and I are happy for them, and we are happy for our fans.

Prior to this season, the last bowl game for the Wyoming Cowboy program was the 2004 Las Vegas Bowl. "The fans of Wyoming have shown us great support all season, and I know that they will be there in Albuquerque to support us once again."

Tickets to the 2009 New Mexico Bowl are $30 per ticket with a $25 shipping and handling fee per order, and can be purchased by going online at www.WyomingAthletics.com or by calling the University of Wyoming Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-922-9461 or locally in Laramie at 766-4850.

The University of Wyoming will hold a press conference on Monday, Dec. 7 at 1 p.m. in the Rochelle Athletics Center. New Mexico Bowl Executive Director Siembieda will be in attendance to formally extend the bowl invitation to Wyoming head coach Dave Christensen. University of Wyoming President Tom Buchanan and UW Athletics Director Tom Burman will also speak and be available for interviews. The press conference will be carried live by the Cowboy Sports Network and the press conference will be video streamed live on www.WyomingAthletics.com.

This year's appearance in the New Mexico Bowl will mark Wyoming's 12th bowl appearance in its history. UW's most recent bowl appearance came in the 2004 Pioneer PureVision Las Vegas Bowl, where the Pokes defeated UCLA, 24-21.

Wyoming's opponent in this year's bowl, the Fresno State Bulldogs, are old foes of the Cowboys from the days that both teams were members of the Western Athletic Conference. Fresno State finished the regular season 8-4 overall, 6-2 in conference play and placed third in the WAC behind Boise State and Nevada. The Cowboys and Bulldogs will be playing each other for the seventh time in the two schools' histories. The series is tied, with each team having won three times. The last meeting came in 1997. The two teams have never met at a neutral site.

This year's New Mexico Bowl will be televised nationally on ESPN and ESPN-HD.
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

i cant wait and i am jacked to see us bring home a trophy!!!
gbpoke
Cowpoke

Sweet! I'll be at my in-laws house and will get to watch my first Poke game this season on their new big screen! This is going to be fantastic, can't wait for 2 more weeks to see ACS and the other fantastic Freshmen on the team that will be sure to lead the Pokes to many more bowl games in the coming years.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Any idea what side of the stadium UW gets? I want to get tickets, but I don't want to pay the ridiculous $25 shipping and handling fee per ticket that UW is charging.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Wyoming Sections FF, GG, and HH... that 25$ "processing fee" is ridiculous. Just make the tickets 55 dollars then why dont you. That creates zero incentive to buy the tickets through UW, which is what we need to have happen so UW makes some money back on the deal.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I think they made that $25 processing fee just to encourage people to buy tickets in large numbers - otherwise they would've done it like Stickitbastard and put a $5 fee per ticket. What their motivation behind that is, I truly don't know.
katjust
Buckaroo

The fee is only high if you buy less than 5 tickets (of course most people might buy less than 5). I bought 6 tickets, so am actually saving money on the deal over buying them throught the bowl website. Also, they have to make sure the tickets get to everyone in the short amount of time before the game.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

calpoke25 wrote:Wyoming Sections FF, GG, and HH... that 25$ "processing fee" is ridiculous. Just make the tickets 55 dollars then why dont you. That creates zero incentive to buy the tickets through UW, which is what we need to have happen so UW makes some money back on the deal.
Has anyone watched a game at UNM before? Any comments on these sections? I see they are giving priority to Cowboy Joe folks and that FF, GG, and HH have an upper tier. I want my tickets to count for UW but I am not going to suck oxygen if I can get better seats through the NM bowl site.

Heads up, the UNM athletics site is offering a NM Bowl and UNM Mens BBall 'dual' ticket for the Lobo Creighton game later that night. Cost= 45.00 total. Not sure what the normal BBall tixs are like and where they are at but this might be a great game. Creighton is thought to be the 2nd best in the MVC by many.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Can't you just walk up to the UW ticket office, purchase tickets there in person and avoid this fee?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

calpoke25 wrote:Can't you just walk up to the UW ticket office, purchase tickets there in person and avoid this fee?
I believe you are correct.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
katjust
Buckaroo

You probably can just walk up to the ticket office, but you have to live near a ticket office.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

PokeNer wrote:Any idea what side of the stadium UW gets? I want to get tickets, but I don't want to pay the ridiculous $25 shipping and handling fee per ticket that UW is charging.
Wyoming Sections FF, GG, and HH... that 25$ "processing fee" is ridiculous. Just make the tickets 55 dollars then why dont you. That creates zero incentive to buy the tickets through UW, which is what we need to have happen so UW makes some money back on the deal.
It's not $25 per ticket, it's $25 per order. The New Mexico Bowl site is charging a $5.50 fee per ticket, so if you buy at least 5 tickets, you're saving money.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

I noticed that now, I thought it was $25 a ticket. Anyone know why they offset the Wyoming section to the north? Why not allocate seats on the 50 and the adjacent sections?

I didn't buy my tickets from UW, so they won't get credit for the sale - I'm sure we'll sell more than enough. There are only 2 of us, so I saved a few bucks and got seats right on the 50.