What is the scoop on N. Popplewell..AD Marketing

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
denverpoke
Buckaroo

He said that he'd become AD Marketing for the Sheep..Thanks!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Truth! Probably a promotion and pay raise.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Have you looked at the UW AD Marketing department lately?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

McPeachy wrote:Have you looked at the UW AD Marketing department lately?
Good? Bad?
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 135 times

MrTitleist wrote:
Good? Bad?
There is a UW Marketing Department?????
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Good? Bad?
There is a UW Marketing Department?????
What he said, I thought students ran that poop show.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

The department is made up of 1 head, an assistant, and a bunch of interns. It is an entry level position and basically a stepping stone. Most of the athletic department jobs (non AD or assoc. AD) are stepping stone jobs. There is a pretty decent turnover with those jobs because of lack of pay, hard to keep young single people in Laramie, and it is a gateway to bigger jobs.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

Speaking of this position, UW posted the opening today "Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing and Branding" on the NCAA jobs website.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

WestWYOPoke wrote:Speaking of this position, UW posted the opening today "Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing and Branding" on the NCAA jobs website.
I kinda want this job.
ImageImageImageImage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Speaking of this position, UW posted the opening today "Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing and Branding" on the NCAA jobs website.
I kinda want this job.
Ditto. I'd apply in a second if I wasn't still working on my degree
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

You need 5 years of prior collegiate experience, not as much of a "stepping stone" job as some might think.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:
I kinda want this job.
If you don't mind 96 hour work weeks for $42,000, working with a group consisted largely of idiots, and having no path out (or way to grow), go for it.

They should have put on the qualifications that you need to have an air of arrogance and poop attitude, and also that you need to lack overall communication skills...or need not apply.
Dear Karma,

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
I kinda want this job.
If you don't mind 96 hour work weeks for $42,000, working with a group consisted largely of idiots, and having no path out (or way to grow), go for it.

They should have put on the qualifications that you need to have an air of arrogance and poop attitude, and also that you need to lack overall communication skills...or need not apply.
Have you worked for the University before?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
I kinda want this job.

Why thanks! While I may fit some of the qualifications (poop attitude, air of arrogance, lack communication skills) - I am worth more than $8.41 per hour...and need some kind of runway / path to grow professionally.

:thumb:
Dear Karma,

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
I kinda want this job.

Why thanks! While I may fit some of the qualifications (poop attitude, air of arrogance, lack communication skills) - I am worth more than $8.41 per hour...and need some kind of runway / path to grow professionally.

So no. How do you know it's such a horrid place to work?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
I kinda want this job.

Many many connections, friends, peers have worked there over the last 30 or 40 years...including this most recent regime.
Dear Karma,

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
I kinda want this job.

Many many connections, friends, peers have worked there over the last 30 or 40 years...including this most recent regime.
Word. Anyone know where all the athletic department people get those bitchin' nike brown and gold pullovers? Are they part of the compensation package? I want one
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Word. Anyone know where all the athletic department people get those bitchin' nike brown and gold pullovers? Are they part of the compensation package? I want one
They all get a very small attire package - each year.

You can get anything you see those folks sporting...for the most part. The Brown & Gold would be the starting point for sourcing any of it out.
Dear Karma,

wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
I kinda want this job.

Word. Anyone know where all the athletic department people get those bitchin' nike brown and gold pullovers? Are they part of the compensation package? I want one
Which one are you talking about?
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Word. Anyone know where all the athletic department people get those bitchin' nike brown and gold pullovers? Are they part of the compensation package? I want one
They all get a very small attire package - each year.

You can get anything you see those folks sporting...for the most part. The Brown & Gold would be the starting point for sourcing any of it out.
False. At least false, you cannot get anything you see from a retail store.