Question for anyone who's been at these games

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Has Schroyer lost the players? That's the only explanation that comes to mind for losing home games to Monmouth and Hampton. Just a hunch after hearing about the Luster explosion. I think we have a lot of inexperienced (young was a bit of a misnomer) talent but if they've quit on Heath then we've got serious problems.
The Juice
Buckaroo

I don't think I've heard about this Luster explosion.....what happened?
Danmully
Ranch Hand

To me it seems that are half court offense is everyone standing around the perimeter then taking a shot as the shot clock runs down. We've had moments when driving the lane has worked but against the zone defense we have struggled.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Apparently Luster was brought off the court at some point in the Monmouth game after getting fouled pretty hard and had to be restrained from going after Heath, although other witnesses speculate that Luster's ire may have been directed at an official instead.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Danmully wrote:To me it seems that our half court offense is everyone standing around the perimeter then taking a shot as the shot clock runs down.
Standing around. That is what it looked like when I watched the Denver game on TV. Only 4 assists in that game. In the Pepperdine game the number of assists was more acceptable, so the assumption is it looked more like a team game than the Denver one did (but I didn't see the game)
The Juice
Buckaroo

Too early to see how Boise and Pepperdine will be, but in the recent past they have had solid teams. I still just don't know what to think about this team right now, obviously they've dropped some games they should have won, but they have also shown potential to be very dangerous.

Guess we'll wait and see :coffee:
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 61 times

Cowduck wrote:Has Schroyer lost the players? That's the only explanation that comes to mind for losing home games to Monmouth and Hampton. Just a hunch after hearing about the Luster explosion. I think we have a lot of inexperienced (young was a bit of a misnomer) talent but if they've quit on Heath then we've got serious problems.
Pretty simple explanation for these losses. We can't shoot the ball. Teams just sit in zones and stop our dribble penetration. The correct pass is made. The guy is open. We just can't make the shot. I knew perimeter shooting wasn't going to be a strength of ours, but I had no idea it was this bad.