New Mexico or Humanitarian? Where are we going bowling?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Gonna try and get some tickets as soon as possible!! The drive to Boise would more preferable but we would have to play on that horrendous blue turf. I was told that either was a possibility after the game... So which is it?
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

I see no way we go to the humaintarian. The New Mexico is obligated to take a MWC team if there are any bowl eligible MWC teams and they pick before the Humanitarian.
billings
Ranch Hand

New Mexico

However bowls can wheel and deal and swap teams if the teams agree. I suppose Boise is possible but not to likely.
The Juice
Buckaroo

Doesn't matter....our offense sucks, DC is a pussy, special teams are a joke, defense gives up too many yards, everyone we have employed on staff are idiots.....lucky to even be in a bowl, we'll get blown out no matter what. Albuquerque is ugly, Boise is smelly.

(TIC)
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I read that the Armed Forces Bowl is a possibility for two possible reasons -- Air Force has been there too many times in a row, and the bowl may prefer not to have them AND Air force may also be tired of going there.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

hopefully in boise or fort worth i can actualy go to those two games
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

The Juice wrote:Doesn't matter....our offense sucks, DC is a pussy, special teams are a joke, defense gives up too many yards, everyone we have employed on staff are idiots.....lucky to even be in a bowl, we'll get blown out no matter what. Albuquerque is ugly, Boise is smelly.

(TIC)
East Popcorn, is that you? :thumb:

Your cynicism amuses me. Keep up the good work. :)
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

90% sure we're going to the New Mexico Bowl. If the Lobos pull off a miracle, we'll go to Boise. Armed Forces only happens if the bowl decides they would rather have us than Air Force.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

Ok so it's 99% the New Mexico Bowl... Anyone know what section is for UW fans? Tickets are already available at the New Mexico Bowl website and I'd like to get his taken care of.
I'm good for 3!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Humanitarian only happens if UNM beats TCU. Unlikely.

Armed Forces only happens if they decide they don't want Air Force. Considering the bowl's name is Armed Forces I can't see them turning Air Force down, even if they were there the last two years.

That gives us new Mexico, which would work out great for me. I'm looking forward to experiencing the town and stadium.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Cornpoke wrote:Ok so it's 99% the New Mexico Bowl... Anyone know what section is for UW fans? Tickets are already available at the New Mexico Bowl website and I'd like to get his taken care of.
I'd wait till its 100% though. Just to be sure. Anybody know when it will be announced? I would think by Monday... the MWC season will be over and everything else is kind of set in stone by then.
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

I bet we won't know til after next weekends games. Lets face it, New Mexico/Armed Services/Humanitarian are wheeling and dealing or we'd already be hearing from the "Albequerque is great" people. A lot of that depends on whether or not Boise gets a BCS bowl. You won't see Boise vs. UW in the Humanitarian but a Wyo vs. Idaho or Wyo vs Nevada matchup would be good for that Bowl. That gives New Mexico a chance to cash in on Air Force (6 hr drive from Colorado Springs) and the Armed Services Bowl can bring in a crappy big conference team with a bunch of fans. Lots of other possibilities. Just don't be naive thinking its New Mexico because of some bowl selection order crap. If it was that clean of a business, there'd be no doubt Boise is in the BCS and Wyo would have been in a bowl in 96.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I don't think where Boise ends up is going to affect Wyoming that much. Boise has won the WAC many times, been left out of the BCS and wheeled and dealed its way into a different bowl. I would expect the same this year if they don't get into the BCS. Undefeated and #6 Boise isn't playing in the Humanitarian Bowl.

The more I read about it, the more I'm understanding that it won't be announced until next week, simply because that is when the entire college football season ends. There could be some trickle-down effect, but I think it's pretty clear cut by now.

The WAC is murky, with Boise being unsure, as well as Hawaii possibly winning out and reclaiming their own bowl, but on the MWC side, we know where our teams should fall. The Humanitarian is OUT, unless TCU loses. The New Mexico Bowl is obligated to take a MWC team I believe.

God I hope some backroom deal doesn't land us in Boise, because I don't think I could make that game and Boise is a terrible destination for a bowl.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Cornpoke wrote:Ok so it's 99% the New Mexico Bowl... Anyone know what section is for UW fans? Tickets are already available at the New Mexico Bowl website and I'd like to get his taken care of.
It would be best to get them through UW - so they count towards our total sales. They have an advanced form to request them that I got in the mail.
God is a Cowboy
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

nirv117 wrote: It would be best to get them through UW - so they count towards our total sales. They have an advanced form to request them that I got in the mail.
Yep, get them through UW. Helps us out a lot more if our fans buy the tickets through UW. However whats up with that $25 fee? f-word that, anyone know how to get around that? Just buy them at the UW ticket office once the bowl is officially announced.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

nirv117 wrote:
It would be best to get them through UW - so they count towards our total sales. They have an advanced form to request them that I got in the mail.
Is this form available anywhere online?
I'm good for 3!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The form is available on-line:

http://www.wyomingathletics.com/

Then click on "More Information"