2014/2015 Recruiting Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... son-162652" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/549642906450268162 Illinois prep athlete Kevin Jackson verbally commits to Wyoming

“I loved all the people. I loved all the coaches," Jackson said. "Not just as coaches but as people, you could tell that they care about not only me, but the whole team. The conversations we were having were all positive.”

“I like to track down the ball, and I’ll catch it if it’s in my circumference," Jackson said. "On defense, I have a great vision. I’d say that’s my biggest thing.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 4a23b.html
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN wrote:https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/549642906450268162 Illinois prep athlete Kevin Jackson verbally commits to Wyoming

“I loved all the people. I loved all the coaches," Jackson said. "Not just as coaches but as people, you could tell that they care about not only me, but the whole team. The conversations we were having were all positive.”

“I like to track down the ball, and I’ll catch it if it’s in my circumference," Jackson said. "On defense, I have a great vision. I’d say that’s my biggest thing.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 4a23b.html
“I’d rather take a three-hour plane ride than a three-hour drive, because I hate road trips," Jackson joked. "I’d much rather be on a plane.”

Now he'll have both!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

Welcome aboard, Kevin Jackson!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

POKE FAN wrote:CB recruit Marquise Peggs:
https://twitter.com/Peggs6_/status/549685370330578944
There's absolutely no way he ran that. If he did, we wouldn't even try to recruit him. The fastest electronically recorded time at the nfl combine was a 4.24 by Chris Johnson, I believe. High school 40 times are almost always a joke. There's countless articles that look at player's reported 40 times in high school are faster than the times guys run at the combine a couple years later.

His highlight tape makes him look pretty solid, though. He'd be a great addition to our defense.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

cali2wyo wrote:
There's absolutely no way he ran that. If he did, we wouldn't even try to recruit him. The fastest electronically recorded time at the nfl combine was a 4.24 by Chris Johnson, I believe. High school 40 times are almost always a joke. There's countless articles that look at player's reported 40 times in high school are faster than the times guys run at the combine a couple years later.

His highlight tape makes him look pretty solid, though. He'd be a great addition to our defense.
To say we wouldn't try to recruit him is silly, High School times are clocked with a stop watch so they fluctuate and it is very possible that he is that fast. Herron ran a 4.28 at his pro day that was laser clocked so to say we wouldn't recruit him. He is as fast as Herron and he isn't quite as short so yes we would recruit him and we could land him.

Only difference here is Herron didn't have all those other offers because if he did we probably never would have seen him. Social media was also didn't have near the steam when Robert came to Wyoming as it does now.

Without twitter you would not know who this kid is except what you see on hudl.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

What did we ever determine with Brian Hill and his reported 4.34 40 time?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

This is older, but haven't seen him mentioned around these parts (EDIT: Probably because he's a '16 recruit, oh well)
https://twitter.com/AdamJRossow/status/ ... 2301511680 http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2091775/hig ... /167897375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:What did we ever determine with Brian Hill and his reported 4.34 40 time?
I would bet in high school he could have been clocked at that time, I'd also bet in high school he weighed a good 20-30lbs less and he was clocked on a track not in full gear on a football field.

hill probably runs a 4.4-4.5 range. Herron ran a 4.48 at the combine but we saw Herron run in the 4.2-4-3 range on the field when he burned every team that tried to catch him.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:

To say we wouldn't try to recruit him is silly, High School times are clocked with a stop watch so they fluctuate and it is very possible that he is that fast. Herron ran a 4.28 at his pro day that was laser clocked so to say we wouldn't recruit him. He is as fast as Herron and he isn't quite as short so yes we would recruit him and we could land him.

Only difference here is Herron didn't have all those other offers because if he did we probably never would have seen him. Social media was also didn't have near the steam when Robert came to Wyoming as it does now.
What I mean by what I said is that if he truly was that fast, wyoming wouldn't be his best offer. If someone could truly run a 4.1 he could name the school he wanted to go to. UW would be so far out of the running that we wouldn't waste any time and resources on him. Look at his list of offers, by that you can tell that he's not as fast as deion sanders. If he was, you'd see big time offers.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:

What I mean by what I said is that if he truly was that fast, wyoming wouldn't be his best offer. If someone could truly run a 4.1 he could name the school he wanted to go to. UW would be so far out of the running that we wouldn't waste any time and resources on him. Look at his list of offers, by that you can tell that he's not as fast as deion sanders. If he was, you'd see big time offers.
Yes and I'm telling you that is simply not the case, For example According to FOX Sports North, Northern Iowa receiver Terrell Sinkfield was timed at 4.19 seconds in the 40 at Minnesota’s Pro Day. Did he really run that accurately clocked no probably not it's more likely he ran in the 4.3 range and he went to Northern Iowa.

So if he ran a legit 4.3 in College why didn't he go to a bigger school why did he go to Northern Iowa an FCS school? Just because he is fast doesn't mean he will automatically get to choose where he goes to school.

He is clearly a good player but if he was Darrell Green, Deon Sanders or Chris Johnson good he would have big named schools after him.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:What I mean by what I said is that if he truly was that fast, wyoming wouldn't be his best offer. If someone could truly run a 4.1 he could name the school he wanted to go to. UW would be so far out of the running that we wouldn't waste any time and resources on him. Look at his list of offers, by that you can tell that he's not as fast as deion sanders. If he was, you'd see big time offers.
Why did Chris Johnson end up at East Carolina? Shouldn't he have been able to name the school he wanted to go to since he was so fast?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:What I mean by what I said is that if he truly was that fast, wyoming wouldn't be his best offer. If someone could truly run a 4.1 he could name the school he wanted to go to. UW would be so far out of the running that we wouldn't waste any time and resources on him. Look at his list of offers, by that you can tell that he's not as fast as deion sanders. If he was, you'd see big time offers.
Why did Chris Johnson end up at East Carolina? Shouldn't he have been able to name the school he wanted to go to since he was so fast?
His recruiting profile said he ran a 4.4. Still a solid time, but not extraordinary.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
His recruiting profile said he ran a 4.4. Still a solid time, but not extraordinary.
I agree he is fast but I think we have just as much chance to get him as anyone else, Until a big name school comes calling and then we lose hope.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:His recruiting profile said he ran a 4.4. Still a solid time, but not extraordinary.
You said

"He is clearly a good player but if he was Darrell Green, Deon Sanders or Chris Johnson good he would have big named schools after him."

Chris Johnson didn't even have the big schools, why is it a guarantee that this guy would?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:His recruiting profile said he ran a 4.4. Still a solid time, but not extraordinary.
You said

"He is clearly a good player but if he was Darrell Green, Deon Sanders or Chris Johnson good he would have big named schools after him."

Chris Johnson didn't even have the big schools, why is it a guarantee that this guy would?

Check again dumbass, I didn't say that. I said if he could run a legitamite 4.1 40 big named schools would go after him.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Apparently this guy is visiting on the 23rd.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... die-160797" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

J-Rod wrote:Apparently this guy is visiting on the 23rd.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... die-160797" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That would be huge if we got him. He would likely play right away and be a big help to our receiving corps/secondary.