Wyoming @ SMU

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Well can pretty much kiss this win goodbye, Nance forgot to show up and while appreciate Cooke trying to drive he doesn't have ball handling skills and he just needs to get it in the hands of someone who can get something going.

Doesn't help we are shooting 15% under our average and SMU is shooting 10-15% above their own average.
Last edited by Wyo2dal on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote:SMU's only offensive presence is Nic Moore. Not sure why they weren't playing Adams on him unless it was because they wanted Josh for offense but doesn't really make sense. Moore is a player though. He can shoot the ball like crazy. He went off their last game against Monmouth also.
Would've been nice, but Adams has 4 fouls now... We need him to stay in the game
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

We are done. Not a good game plan defensively honestly by Shyatt having Riley on Moore. I would have had Adams the whole game. but I knew this was going to be a tough game to win. Well we will be fine just have to regroup and win the rest of our OOC if we can.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote:We are done. Not a good game plan defensively honestly by Shyatt having Riley on Moore. I would have had Adams the whole game. but I knew this was going to be a tough game to win. Well we will be fine just have to regroup and win the rest of our OOC if we can.
Losing this game will take all hope from top 25 unless we kill people in conference.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

For the casual fan out there wanting to see Nance perform at a high level is disappointed
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Very disappointing effort. Wonder if the pressure to get into the top 25 hurt the pokes. Don't have to worry about that for a while.
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

"Yellow sweater" chant is funny. Reminds me of days majerus and Utah came to town
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming made a basket at the 9:17 mark of the 2nd half and then only took 4 more shots from that point until Hankerson just hit that 3 with 1:38 to go. No baskets for 8 minutes. Made 1 free throw in between that whole time. Scoring 1 point in 8 minutes won't win you many ball games and only getting 4 shots up won't either. Lots of turnovers in that stretch.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

Losing is not as much fun as winning. Damnit. Larry really pooped the bed tonight. I feel bad for him. This could be a great learning experience for us though. We'll grow from this and get better.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote:Wyoming made a basket at the 9:17 mark of the 2nd half and then only took 4 more shots from that point until Hankerson just hit that 3 with 1:38 to go. No baskets for 8 minutes. Made 1 free throw in between that whole time. Scoring 1 point in 8 minutes won't win you many ball games and only getting 4 shots up won't either. Lots of turnovers in that stretch.
Just shows how critical it is for Nance to show and and participate in the game. Those 8 mins of no points are the fact Larry wasn't involved or couldn't hit a shot.

Losing to a really mediocre team like this is just a good way to make everyone forget about Wyoming.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

Larry didnt even get a chance to put up shots. If he hits a little jumper here and there, they have to run out and guard him, then he usually penetrates
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Honestly Wyoming could have still won this game even with Nance playing the way he did. Wyoming was up by 6 with the ball with 10 minutes to go and also up by 1 still with 7:45 to go. The problems was instead of taking shots we turned the ball over and when we did shoot it was all 3's. We took 26 3's tonight. We haven't done that all year. Didn't think the game plan on Nic Moore was very good either but just need to move forward.

Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote:Honestly Wyoming could have still won this game even with Nance playing the way he did. Wyoming was up by 6 with the ball with 10 minutes to go and also up by 1 still with 7:45 to go. The problems was instead of taking shots we turned the ball over and when we did shoot it was all 3's. We took 26 3's tonight. We haven't done that all year. Didn't think the game plan on Nic Moore was very good either but just need to move forward.
We had the wrong people trying to pass and handle the ball and that is the honest truth.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Again I will point out that we are only going to go as far as the starting 5 take us right now. People don't want to hear it, but we are not a deep team right now, in fact we are an extremely thin team and our only guy who can really beat people off the dribble is Adams.

We don't have much behind the starters or a real spark off the bench, instant-offense type guy who can provide something when the starting 5 aren't scoring, something like Nathan Sobey last year is sorely missing on a night like tonight.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:Honestly Wyoming could have still won this game even with Nance playing the way he did. Wyoming was up by 6 with the ball with 10 minutes to go and also up by 1 still with 7:45 to go. The problems was instead of taking shots we turned the ball over and when we did shoot it was all 3's. We took 26 3's tonight. We haven't done that all year. Didn't think the game plan on Nic Moore was very good either but just need to move forward.
We had the wrong people trying to pass and handle the ball and that is the honest truth.
Yeah and we had too much one on one tonight with some stupid shots and then 2 shot clock violations. SMU is a good team though and they don't even have Kennedy playing yet who will be back later this month. When he gets back they will be very tough.

If we want any shot of an at large bid we need to pull out a win at CAL but not sure we will be able to do it.

CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
The honest truth, Wyoming got outplayed in every facet of this game - defense, shooting, and rebounding. Shyatt was worried about a lack of practice time coming into this one, and it showed. Hopefully they can find some time on the practice court to work on a few things. We will be just fine. It's still way too early in the season to get down. I actually think this loss will help the Pokes in conference play. On to the next one. Go Pokes.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Pokes were up fairly late in the game. Then SMU had a 20-3 run. Now why is this?
My answer: FATIGUE. Note that the substitutions weren't nearly as frequent as in
previous games. Pokes a half-step slow in covering a man; half a second late going for
a ball or rebound later in the game.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

This was a total wake-up call. Played like poop. SMU worked us.
They out-played us without doubt.

Time to remember that to win games the starters need to play hard. Our schedule looked good on paper, but it hasn't really prepared us to grind out games. How can it when the backups are playing as much as the starters?

Time to take care of business against Regis, then go to Cal and get a frickin road win.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

SMU isn't that great of a team. They pressured Wyoming and prevented any sort of interior offense. Wyoming settled for the three ball way too often and got killed on the boards. Our bigs need to stop fronting guys in the mid post because it is killing us on the defensive glass. Either that or get the guards to crash the defensive glass much harder.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:This was a total wake-up call. Played like poop. SMU worked us.
They out-played us without doubt.

Time to remember that to win games the starters need to play hard. Our schedule looked good on paper, but it hasn't really prepared us to grind out games. How can it when the backups are playing as much as the starters?

Time to take care of business against Regis, then go to Cal and get a frickin road win.
If we show up to pay Cal with the same team that showed up against SMU we don't stand a chance.
SMU isn't that great of a team. They pressured Wyoming and prevented any sort of interior offense. Wyoming settled for the three ball way too often and got killed on the boards. Our bigs need to stop fronting guys in the mid post because it is killing us on the defensive glass. Either that or get the guards to crash the defensive glass much harder.
That is an understatement, SMU is a pretty bad team they aren't beating anyone with a winning record and they made us look bad.