Sparty Game Roll Call

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

So, I just decided to go to the MSU game on Saturday last minute. I went to the Oregon game so wasn't planning on it but it is only like a 6 hour drive, so might as well. Anyone else going?

Go Wyo!

GO POKES!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

+2 The old man won the Cheyenne Regional Medical Center paid trip and were gonna make the trip one to remember. Super excited. First ever away game.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:+2 The old man won the Cheyenne Regional Medical Center paid trip and were gonna make the trip one to remember. Super excited. First ever away game.
Hey, that's great - congratulations.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

+8!! I am from Iowa...bringing my son, about 8.5 hour drive. My family is from Ohio and they are all coming up. Plan to get there on Friday and try to sneak into the stadium and get on the field. Hoping to bribe a lowly staffer or something...Can't wait for saturday. Should be a great atmosphere.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:+2 The old man won the Cheyenne Regional Medical Center paid trip and were gonna make the trip one to remember. Super excited. First ever away game.
Lucky you, i was looking forward to winning that myself, lol....I would love to go, but can only afford 1 away game a year, and already went to Autzen, should be one heck of an experience, and I sure hope the stars align and we can shock the world for a change, if we do I'm driving to Laramie to party all night!!!!
Have fun GO POKES BEAT SPARTY!!!!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Add 2 more. My girlfriend and I will be going. Flying into Detroit Friday afternoon and road tripping up to Lansing, then spend Sunday checking out Michigan. We looked at the schedule and figured since this was a one off that the MSU game would be better to go to than Oregon, as we're scheduled to play at Autzen again (fingers crossed they don't just buy us out).
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Was planning to but it's getting close to SO's due date so no road trip for me. Nice to see so many this far east.
52-56
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Yea I am glad I get to sneak off to both Eugene and East Lansing as I thought I would only get in one. UW owes me two sideline passes in Laramie so I need to get back up there too. I would HATE to not go to one of these big games and we actually win. Glad I went to Ole Miss and Tennessee when we won. Although Eugene,Florida,Texas,Nebraska,and two other Tennessee games were all great road trips. Lol

GO POKES!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

tttgowyo wrote:Yea I am glad I get to sneak off to both Eugene and East Lansing as I thought I would only get in one. UW owes me two sideline passes in Laramie so I need to get back up there too. I would HATE to not go to one of these big games and we actually win. Glad I went to Ole Miss and Tennessee when we won. Although Eugene,Florida,Texas,Nebraska,and two other Tennessee games were all great road trips. Lol
i agree with ya on being at one when we do pull the shocker, still kicking myself for going to to TCU game a week prior to the Tennessee game in 08, but I've been some cool places myself, mostly all the MWC visiting schools (except, Hawaii, SJSU, Nevada), been to Texas A&M, Texas, Okla St, BYU, Utah, 2 NM bowls, and oh yeah that "almost" in Nebraska
It's my goal the rest of my life to do at least 1 away game every year, and bowl games and any NCAA tourney in the future.

It's too fun!!!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote:
tttgowyo wrote:Yea I am glad I get to sneak off to both Eugene and East Lansing as I thought I would only get in one. UW owes me two sideline passes in Laramie so I need to get back up there too. I would HATE to not go to one of these big games and we actually win. Glad I went to Ole Miss and Tennessee when we won. Although Eugene,Florida,Texas,Nebraska,and two other Tennessee games were all great road trips. Lol
i agree with ya on being at one when we do pull the shocker, still kicking myself for going to to TCU game a week prior to the Tennessee game in 08, but I've been some cool places myself, mostly all the MWC visiting schools (except, Hawaii, SJSU, Nevada), been to Texas A&M, Texas, Okla St, BYU, Utah, 2 NM bowls, and oh yeah that "almost" in Nebraska
It's my goal the rest of my life to do at least 1 away game every year, and bowl games and any NCAA tourney in the future.

It's too fun!!!

Exactly, that is what I have basically done since about 2002. I travel a lot for work so end up with a ton of free flights, hotels, car rental etc.. So the trips are cheap other than a couple hundred to drink on. lol. I missed the NM Bowl that we won and was pissed as I could have gone. So, now I try to see all the cool away games and sneak in a game at the War every year or two. I have been lucky to see some awesome venues with the Pokes. From memory here is all the away games I have been to over the years...

UNLV
CSU - many times including some of the great ones like in 96 when we won 25-24 and 98.
1996 WAC Champ game in Vegas on crutches to watch us barely lose to BYU and go 10-2 (no bowl game smh)
98 - @ Air Force when we were ranked 25th and they were 23rd. We lost like 3-10.
99- @ BYU - we lost they were #15 in country
00- only home games
01- no games.. thank God (we were 2-9) Moved to KY
02- @ Tennessee but we were the "home" team in Nashville at Titans Stadium.
03- only went to CSU at the War
04- no games that year, Got married, moved to TN etc.
05- Went to Florida and Ole Miss games. SO much fun. This is when I really got hooked into going to new stadiums and tail gates. Ole Miss is still the best I have seen.
06- @ UVA
07- none
08- Bowling Green and in Laramie for Border War..
09- Texas game in Laramie
10- home game vs SDSU
11 - The New Mex Bowl vs Temple
12- @ Texas
13- @ Nebraska
14- @ Oregon and @MSU
On Saturday

Pretty good list so far.

GO POKES!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Next year there aren't any real marquee road games...Pullman for Wazzu? Or Boise I suppose. 2016 is a little better, Lincoln for UNL. And then Iowas City and Columbia, MO for 2017 and 2018. I think a great one to see would be @ Clemson in 2021, of course a lot can happen in then next 7 years, so that one might change by then.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 33 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:Next year there aren't any real marquee road games...Pullman for Wazzu? Or Boise I suppose. 2016 is a little better, Lincoln for UNL. And then Iowas City and Columbia, MO for 2017 and 2018. I think a great one to see would be @ Clemson in 2021, of course a lot can happen in then next 7 years, so that one might change by then.
Uhh.. Boone!
ImageImageImageImage
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

MrTitleist wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Next year there aren't any real marquee road games...Pullman for Wazzu? Or Boise I suppose. 2016 is a little better, Lincoln for UNL. And then Iowas City and Columbia, MO for 2017 and 2018. I think a great one to see would be @ Clemson in 2021, of course a lot can happen in then next 7 years, so that one might change by then.
Uhh.. Boone!
I suppose that would be an interesting one, especially considering tttgowyo's location (about 350 miles from Louisville). Never been to North Carolina, let alone Boone, so I can't comment on it. For some reason, it just doesn't seem that appealing to me though.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I'll make the trek to Wazzu next year, what the heck
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 33 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Uhh.. Boone!
I suppose that would be an interesting one, especially considering tttgowyo's location (about 350 miles from Louisville). Never been to North Carolina, let alone Boone, so I can't comment on it. For some reason, it just doesn't seem that appealing to me though.
It's going to be a blast. I'm planning my trip already.. a few days in Charleston, then a few in NC like Charlotte area, then Boone.
ImageImageImageImage
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

tttgowyo...I am so jealous!

My list includes of far fewer stadiums

Wyoming, Utah, Utah State, Boise State, Oregon, Oregon State, and my Dad swears he took me to UNLV for my first college football game when I was really young but I don't remember going to it.

I want to go to the Wyo-Wazzu game next season in Pullman, but the Beavers are playing Michigan in the Big House next season and I don't know if I can afford two trips. Plus I will have plenty of chances to go to a game in Pullman. Not to watch Wyo but still.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

I decided to go to Hawaii this year instead of any other road games, although I may hit the CSU and New mexico games since they are close - especially if the UNM game has some good meaning to it.

I like the idea of picking 1 road game each year. I need to do it more. I 've been to a few places to watch the pokes play.

@Florida
@FAU
@Nebraska
@BYU
@Utah
@Sheep
plus been to Vegas bowl and new Mexico Bowl. I need to hit a few more conference road venues. It is more exciting to travel when our team is actually competing.
God is a Cowboy
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Only been to two road games so far. I have been to Air Force and csu to watch the pokes.

Hope to make it down to Logan at some point but I'm kind of out in no mans land away from any road venues.

Someday when I'm more established I'll splurge on some roadies but I'm lucky to make it 13 hous round trip to Laramie a couple times a year right now.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!