Bohl's post game comments and demeanor give me a lot of hope

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

I really appreciated Bohl's post game comments. He gave credit to Oregon and then immediately turned to his team. He did not dwell on the negatives, but went down the line of things that I hoped he would cover. Turnovers. Tackling. Poise. Cleaning things up. I was also pleased that his view was that our defenders were in position, but that the speed of Oregon overcame our positioning.

With DC, I sometimes wondered if he was watching the same game that I was watching - mainly because he wasn't...he was actively coaching the offense and didn't usually catch the big picture. With Glenn, he simply was not as forceful and the authority Bohl appears to be. He watched the game, but not like Bohl sees a game.

To be sure,turnovers, tackling and the like are not rocket science sorts of observations...but I do have confidence, unlike with past regimes, that Bohl and crew have some thoughts as to how to fix those issues. Time will tell, as will some more recruiting classes, but our scheme was right yesterday. At times, we executed it. At others, we didn't or Oregon blew it up. Mariota scrambling, albeit for touchdowns and big plays, tells me we were in the right D, but didn't have the personnel to shut down a Heisman contender...but then again, who does especially with the BS roughing the passer calls. Speaking of the officials, I did not see a grade for them...I would offer an F. The roughing the passer and inconsistency in calling pass interference (identical calls that both should have been made on picks) and holding (we got called, they did not) did not change the outcome, but did affect our approach to Mariota and the final score.