Brett Smith Released

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Thanks a lot DC for ruining Brett Smith as a pro football QB.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Yikes...
BJC
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:Thanks a lot DC for ruining Brett Smith as a pro football QB.
Do I dare say that maybe he made him look like a pro qb in his system? please be kind...........
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

BJC wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Thanks a lot DC for ruining Brett Smith as a pro football QB.
Do I dare say that maybe he made him look like a pro qb in his system? please be kind...........
He was told that when he gets the ball, throw it to a pre-designated receiver. Forget footwork and forget going through progressions, just go faster! That's on DC.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Brad Smith
Chase Daniel
Blaine Gabbert
Austyn Carta-Samuels
Brett Smith

Surprise people, DC has great college QBs and horrible NFL QBs. Chase Daniel is having the best career and he is Drew Brees backup.

Brett screwed himself by trying to go pro.
But yet Kirkgaard of all people is 2-0 with a game winning drive.
Kirkgraard might do something Brett never did; win a bowl game.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: But yet Kirkgaard of all people is 2-0 with a game winning drive.
Hold your horses. Scoring 17 at home vs. Montana and Air Force doesn't exactly make one a great QB. Let's see what fans are saying after this weekend.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote: But yet Kirkgaard of all people is 2-0 with a game winning drive.
Hold your horses. Scoring 17 at home vs. Montana and Air Force doesn't exactly make one a great QB. Let's see what fans are saying after this weekend.
We have talked about this before though J-Rod. We count the Oregon and Michigan State games as "L's"
But teams like New Mexico, SJSU, Fresno, Hawaii, and FAU are not all that great. And you were right about USU, and CSU may not be worth a poop either.

The MW is so down that Kirkgaard may be 6 regular season games and get us a W in the post season.

Not a sure thing by any means, but that is why I said might.

So what if we get killed 70-0, that's not any worse than what we expected 3 weeks ago.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: We have talked about this before though J-Rod. We count the Oregon and Michigan State games as "L's"
But teams like New Mexico, SJSU, Fresno, Hawaii, and FAU are not all that great. And you were right about USU, and CSU may not be worth a poop either..
...and Wyoming might not fall into that category? The Cowboy rushing attack was whipped at home by the weakest front seven in the MW. Thank goodness the defense is improved, prevented a disaster start to the season. I see a lot of teams ahead that have the potential to take the Pokes out back to the woodshed. Bowl game is not out of reach by any means, just surprised how two slim and somewhat unimpressive wins over weak teams at home has elicit such confidence. Wyoming won't see a weaker MW defense all season than what was shown last weekend. 17 points? A little worrisome IMO.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

I am baffled. If you can't stay on the practice squad of a CFL team...then pro football is probably not in your future.

The more telling sign is that another QB was added to replace him Added "QB Logan Kilgore - Middle Tennessee State".
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote: We have talked about this before though J-Rod. We count the Oregon and Michigan State games as "L's"
But teams like New Mexico, SJSU, Fresno, Hawaii, and FAU are not all that great. And you were right about USU, and CSU may not be worth a poop either..
...and Wyoming might not fall into that category? The Cowboy rushing attack was whipped at home by the weakest front seven in the MW. Thank goodness the defense is improved, prevented a disaster start to the season. I see a lot of teams ahead that have the potential to take the Pokes out back to the woodshed. Bowl game is not out of reach by any means, just surprised how two slim and somewhat unimpressive wins over weak teams at home has elicit such confidence. Wyoming won't see a weaker MW defense all season than what was shown last weekend. 17 points? A little worrisome IMO.

New confidence? No, same confidence I had before season. Not much in Pokes, but have thought we would win against Montana and AFA in close games. And we did. I've though we could hit 6 wins this season and still think that. The only difference is I realize how bad the rest of the MW is.

I'm not talking Wyo up anymore than I was 3 weeks ago, or 3 months ago. They are doing what I expected them to.
I still expect wins over FAU, NM, SJSU, and Hawaii.
Those are my 4 plus the 2 we already have to go bowling.

Toss up games are Fresno, CSU, and USU.

I had Fresno as a sure loss along with Oregon, MSU, and Boise but now I realize they are terrible.
Pokes win 9 if they overachieve and if EVERYTHING falls in place.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I think the NCAA's rules need to be changed and allow underclassmen to return to their teams if they are not drafted, or drafted lower than they thought they should have been.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Not drafted. Maybe.

Just cause they didn't go higher? No.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Yeesh this is getting ridiculous. Next stop, Casper Cavalry!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Sorry, Brett ruined Brett's pro career.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:

No, the Cowboy rushing was not killed by the AF front seven. It was a constant 9/10 in the box. And we made them pay through the air.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 135 times

Love the kid but he has a noodle arm. It isn't mechanics. He just doesn't have it. In DC O, the receiver windows are big. You just need to get the ball there and run on read options. Pro is a different game. Brett simply isn't talented enough. Neither are 99% of the other college players.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Cuttslam wrote:
Sorry, Brett ruined Brett's pro career.
Agreed. He got bad advice, but he owns it. As has been said ad nauseum, a year w/Bohl and the pro offense might have got him drafted.

Might not get paid millions, but arena football could be fun for him.

Still no regrets?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

I didn't know that DC's job was preparing a college qb for the pros. I thought his job was to win as many games as possible for the school that hired him. And honestly, if the kid had any potential, don't you think someone would at least keep him on a practice squad and let him develop?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

bladerunnr wrote:
I didn't know that DC's job was preparing a college qb for the pros. I thought his job was to win as many games as possible for the school that hired him. And honestly, if the kid had any potential, don't you think someone would at least keep him on a practice squad and let him develop?
Part of winning games should automatically prepare a kid for the next level in this case DC didn't win poop because he didn't coach for poop so in a lot of ways it is absolutely as much DC's fault at being a poop coach as Smiths fault at making a bad decision.