OFFICIALLY GAME WEEK

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

If you're a college football fanatic like me, this is better than Christmas.

College football is back!

Can't wait for Thursday night to watch Boise State vs. Ole Miss and South Carolina vs. Texas A&M.

Then Saturday. This will be the first time in a while I am not at a Wyo home opener, I will be at the OSU game but will have my phone to check scores constantly!

Sell out the War!

Beat Montana!

Go Pokes!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I am way too excited. Will be a long week of work
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote:I am way too excited. Will be a long week of work
No kidding. This week will be hell. My brother is starting his first semester in Laramie and was selected for a position on the marching band so I will get some updates from him but I am stressed out already. Saturday cannot get here fast enough!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Go time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the the usual "hey we should shut off our cable since we never watch it" from the wife.

HMMM HAPPENS EVERY YEAR AT THIS TIME! :coffee:
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

This is the longest week of the year. I'll be finalizing all my tailgating gear for the year, dusting off the brown & gold Chucks, and reading every scrap of news I can get my hands on. GO POKES!!!!!!!
NewYorksCowboy
Buckaroo

Ahhh man, I wish more than anything I could be out in Laramie worn the Wyoming family! I've already had three Dreams that I was at the opener! New era begins! Doesn't get much more exciting than this, let's hope the pokes get off to a quick start! Can't wait to see the new mentality we have with Bohl! Time to COWBOY UP!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

friends got us tickets so going to another game openner, I sure hope the Pokes are firing on all their cylinders, as I know a pesky Grizz team with their fans will invade Laramie, but as usual, can't wait
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Finally!! After 8+ years of followin' our son all over creation, it's Game Day all in One Day.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Did we retire Powder River, Let Er Buck because of the debacle at the end of the season we all moved to Basketball or did we just finally retire it for good?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Did we retire Powder River, Let Er Buck because of the debacle at the end of the season we all moved to Basketball or did we just finally retire it for good?
That left with Joe Glenn. DC was anti-everything Joe Glenn.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I'll be camping all weekend, but here's to hoping I get some phone reception so I can at least check the score!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I can text you updates if you want???
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Yeah, I am getting excited. So much fighting in the offeason, it will be nice to talk football again. I am leaving Friday morning now. I am always so rushed coming to games that we are coming out the night before now and going home Sunday morning.

I have no idea what to expect. I think Bohl and those guys have done all they can. At this point, the players need to do what they are on scholarship to do.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I'm trying so hard to not get my expectations up.

Captain Kirk, please live up to what we all hope you can do in our new offense!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

McPeachy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Did we retire Powder River, Let Er Buck because of the debacle at the end of the season we all moved to Basketball or did we just finally retire it for good?
Well it didn't leave with Glenn there are posts frm last year it was still used lol.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

I can't wait for Saturday. I wish I could make it back to Laramie for this one. should be a GREAT environment and a good tough first game test. Go WYO!

GO POKES!!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

I understand there is history with the saying but it seems Glenn tried to associate it with the football team and I do not remember hearing it in the late 90's or early 2000's
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Well it didn't leave with Glenn there are posts frm last year it was still used lol.
I was at every home game last year, and 2 away games, and never once did I hear that cheer. In fact, it has been rarely, if ever heard, in the confines of War Memorial, since DC took the helm. With the exception of maybe one or two smatterings of a few drunks, but it sure wasn't a cheer, and it sure wasn't used or promoted by the UW athletic department. That left with Joe Glenn, and was made a priority "go-away item" (along with NB) by DC.

:thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BJC
A Real Cowboy

NewBalance....had to go!

And at the time, the let er buck seemed sort of fake and contrived by Glenn. *Realize the actual history behind it though.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

For all of you going to the game, enjoy every second of the day...even the waking up early part. We all know how quickly this excitement can go to poop. Enjoy it while it's guaranteed to exist.