Mike Locksley...wow.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
socalpoke82
Buckaroo

Randomly saw this on espn's website. interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4512399
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

LOL.

"gone for personal issues." Yeah, people were probably going to wonder about a fat lip. :)
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

Sounds like the makings of a one year and done contract. As poorly as they are playing, stupid mistakes like this take on a whole lot more weight than if the team were winning some games...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WYO1016 wrote:Sounds like the makings of a one year and done contract. As poorly as they are playing, stupid mistakes like this take on a whole lot more weight than if the team were winning some games...
I can't believe NM is hanging with him to be honest. There is a mess at NM right now...and Locksley is smack dab in the middle of it. I think they should hook his ass, and write off the season, or it could be many, many years before they make it back to even mediocrity.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:Sounds like the makings of a one year and done contract. As poorly as they are playing, stupid mistakes like this take on a whole lot more weight than if the team were winning some games...
I can't believe NM is hanging with him to be honest. There is a mess at NM right now...and Locksley is smack dab in the middle of it. I think they should hook his ass, and write off the season, or it could be many, many years before they make it back to even mediocrity.
I agree with you, McPeachy. It is now very obvious that New Mexico made a BAD choice in Locksley but their choice to keep him is much worse. They didn't know they were getting a real problem but now they know they got one and they've made it worse by 'joining' with Locksley in the gutter. I'm sure most Lobo fans are embarrassed by the negative attention Locksley has brought the school AND, the negative implications of the AD, Maynard Krebs (lol), sticking with the guy he booted Rocky for. Is the UNM president on vacation or just stupid? What a shame for UNM.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Maybe Locksley can join Tom Cable in Oakland and start a coaches fighting league tag team.
ImageImageImageImage
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Dennis Franchione is available :lol:
I'm good for 3!
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Been there less than a year and he has the deed harrassment claim against him, age discrimination and retaliation claim, and now an assault. Unreal. I can't imagine that NM is thrilled about keeping him. A guy like this could end up costing them millions. The assault gave them a good excuse to fire him without having to buy him out.
TheBuckhole
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times

He's a complete POS.