idea for Brett

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Cornpoke wrote:
Hayduke wrote:Well, if he wants to continue playing football, he need to put he immediate idea of the NFL behind him.

Arena. CFL. There are a couple of options. Arena is probably the #1 option.

I hope he doesn't become a holdout to this idea like Tebow has been. I like Tebow..not because of his politics or religion, it's because he's a leader. I think Brett is a leader also. They need to be involved in the sport they love.
CFL is waayy way more money than Arena. If he wants to live off playing football he needs to go CFL. Arena pay isn't that great.
Couldn't agree more.

I'd like to see him in a Winnipeg Blue Bombers uniform!
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
mwc fan
Cowpoke

CFL teams are already starting camp. I saw a twit that Brett is in California, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play ball this season. Maybe he's holding out for a late call from an NFL team that looses a QB to an injury in preseason camp. I guess he trained in California, so he may just be working out and waiting.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Apparently there is news that Brett Smith is now working out with the New York football Giants. Another chance possibly..

GO POKES!!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I have been out of the loop for a while, I guess. I didn't know Tampa had already released him. Whoever told him he should declared for the draft should be hung. What an all-time, horrible stupid decision he made to declare for the draft. I have to believe if he had it to do all over again, he'd be wearing the Brown & Gold this fall. I feel for the guy, but man was declaring idiotic.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

stymeman wrote:i know I'll take alot of flak for this and I know he's better than this, but say the NFL doesn't work out right away, and can't get on with a Europe, Canadian or Arena League team, the Wyoming Calvary would love to help him develop his skills etc...imagine the fan following at the Casper Events Center, just a thought, b4 he goes on to bigger and better things(which he will someday)
This honestly made me laugh. From declaring for the NFL draft to playing for the Casper Cavalry. I'm going to assume Brett would rather jump off a bridge.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

SDPokeFan wrote:
stymeman wrote:i know I'll take alot of flak for this and I know he's better than this, but say the NFL doesn't work out right away, and can't get on with a Europe, Canadian or Arena League team, the Wyoming Calvary would love to help him develop his skills etc...imagine the fan following at the Casper Events Center, just a thought, b4 he goes on to bigger and better things(which he will someday)
This honestly made me laugh. From declaring for the NFL draft to playing for the Casper Cavalry. I'm going to assume Brett would rather jump off a bridge.
Considering how bad the Cavalry have been the past 2 years, I wouldn't blame him.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Sounds like Giants aren't real pleased with the QBs behind Eli. Hope it works for Brett, but I'm concerned that if it didn't work in Tampa, well, you know. You never know. All it takes is one shot; one person willing to take a chance on him.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.