A little ACL education

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
stymeman wrote:good to know, i just don't want him to rush anything, i forsee a redshirt year next year, which i think could be best...fix him up right!!!!!!! bigger, faster, stronger
Oh he'll rush into it, I guarantee you haha. Larry and his family will want to be back as soon as possible. All athletes do, even when it lacks common sense.
i hope not as that'd tarnish his potential legacy, i'd like to see him climb the ladder of the Pokes record books...this injury is sooooo damn sad that it happens, i've seen it mess up alot of players, pro and college, guess it's God's way of telling us no matter what we're all human and things happen for a reason, he's got a hell of work ethic and I see this being a huge speed bump but one that he'll manage and be better for it in the future.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I guess between his dad and his sister they have had 6 knee surgeries so I am guessing they will know a thing or two about getting a good one and rehab for it....thats good news(or as good as you could have when talking about people having knee surgeries.)
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

WYO1016 wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:
stymeman wrote:does he have to go thru doctors contracted by UW or can he go to other surgeons that his family may seem fit??? There's been discussion that the clinc in Birmingham, Alabama (best in the world) may be in play, just curious
Most universities strongly encourage the use of their own doctors, and will cover the costs when they do. If an athlete chooses to use a different physician, they are welcome to but they are on their own as far as payment is concerned.

That's just with most universities, I'm too far removed from UW to know their policy anymore.
I hope to God that he doesn't use Gem City. He'd be way better off even just going down the road to Orthopedic Center of the Rockies.
I can not give the Casper Orthopedic Center a good reference either.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Tiger Woods had his knee done in Park City, UT, that's not too far way...lol
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

Great posts WestWyo and BackHarlow. Much appreciated! Medical education on wyonation! :)
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

stymeman wrote:Tiger Woods had his knee done in Park City, UT, that's not too far way...lol
Very true. Park City is packed full of solid surgeons. An area full of rich people and a knee-dangerous sport in skiing, perfect place for them.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Steadman Hawkins in Vail is also very good, I know the Colorado Rockies send the majority of their surgeries to them.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Nance is going back to Ohio for the surgery after the CSU game. And his dad is playing a big part in it.
Maybe the Cavs doctor? Larry Nance Senior is paying for it out of pocket for his son.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Larry has insurance. He has to, it's an NCAA requirement. So while his dad/family will have to pay any deductible and Co-pay out-of-pocket, his insurance will cover most of the surgery unless it is out of network.