WYO @ SJSU

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:
SLCPoke wrote:Our defense is terrible right now....
What defense? lol

Haha...exactly, no fire in them today.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Schyatt needs to get the big stick out here at halftime and make a few attitude adjustments. Looks like the lowly Spartans didn't read all the press about UW beating #5 SDSU. Looks like they think they can win this thing. Time for the Pokes to step up and assert themselves and take care of business the second half.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

SLCPoke wrote:Is it just me- or is this announcer terrible? First of all- there's only 1. Second of all....he is terrible. Not in the sense that he is one sided. He just has an annoying voice and is constantly wrong about a foul or if it's an out of bounds call etc. :twocents:
He's an internet stream announcer. If he was good, he'd be on the TV/Radio.
wyoav211933
Ranch Hand

And this is ultimately why I don't think we make a big run in the conference tourney. We are plain and simple a different team away from Laramie than we are in Laramie. So many stupid turnovers, missed rebounds, and letting SJSU shoot uncontested 3s.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

A typical letdown after a big win. Combine that with a cocky confidence and trouble is ahead. Just looking at SJSU stats and you knew they were going to the 3's. MAYBE they will cool down. MAYBE the Pokes will concentrate on the 3 shooters. Who knows.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Missed rebounds and misses in close are killing us. Spartans basically have two guys on Nance the whole time
W-Y, Until I Die!
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Tough first half. SJSU double and triple teaming Nance every single time he touches the ball in the post, and has been very effective, Nance only 2 points and really has been a nonfactor so far. I'd also venture to say he's looked a little frustrated and I think that has carried over to the defensive side of the ball. At least 3 of SJSUs offensive boards were a direct result of lack of effort on the defensive glass by Nance. Hope Shyatt and staff make some adjustments to get him some good looks, or at least get his head in the game. He is our best player on both ends of the court and we need him performing well even if he's not scoring.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

wyoav211933 wrote:And this is ultimately why I don't think we make a big run in the conference tourney. We are plain and simple a different team away from Laramie than we are in Laramie. So many stupid turnovers, missed rebounds, and letting SJSU shoot uncontested 3s.
To be fair, we always miss rebounds. 20 offensive boards to SDSU, remember?
wyoav211933
Ranch Hand

Rebounding always has and always will be near and dear to my heart. It was the only thing I was good at when I played. And I honestly would be more ok with us missing some rebounds here and there if we were shooting 60% from the field and playing solid d otherwise. Good news is, I'm thinking we still win this game, even if it's a closer finish than it should be.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

laxwyo wrote:Missed rebounds and misses in close are killing us. Spartans basically have two guys on Nance the whole time
No different from the UNLV, UNM or SDSU game. Everyone knows if they double team Nance they have a chance to win. Difference being at home against SDSU when Nance was being double teamed we got the ball around to other players with relative ease.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

If you knew nothing about the MWC or UW and SJSU, you would think these were two of the worst teams in the country. It looks and feels like a high school game.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

poor shot selection in the second half.
God is a Cowboy
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

wyoav211933 wrote:Rebounding always has and always will be near and dear to my heart. It was the only thing I was good at when I played. And I honestly would be more ok with us missing some rebounds here and there if we were shooting 60% from the field and playing solid d otherwise. Good news is, I'm thinking we still win this game, even if it's a closer finish than it should be.
Of course, shoot 60% from the field and it's easy to ignore our weaknesses.

There are no positives whatsoever from giving up a rebound on the defensive end.
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
SLCPoke wrote:Is it just me- or is this announcer terrible? First of all- there's only 1. Second of all....he is terrible. Not in the sense that he is one sided. He just has an annoying voice and is constantly wrong about a foul or if it's an out of bounds call etc. :twocents:

Aren't these typically the home team's radio announcer? Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

horrible passing by the cowboys too. we look pretty bad.
God is a Cowboy
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Sloppy play and passes by Wyoming.
W-Y, Until I Die!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

Never seen Nance worse than this game.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

SLCPoke wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:

Aren't these typically the home team's radio announcer? Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention.
It is indeed the SJSU radio guy.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

This is the worst game I've ever seen
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Good god this is an ugly performance....I guess if you're going to have a let down theres no better team but damn....