Nico Evans gives verbal to WYo

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
billings
Ranch Hand

2nd RB this class

Mike Vorel ‏@mikevorel 18m
5-9, 177-pound LA RB Nico Evans just committed to Wyoming. Said he just got off the phone with coach Bohl to tell him. #gowyo
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Like most of our guys so far, this guy might be a reach. 177lbs with a 4.69 40 and offers from Penn and Humboldt State? Yikes.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Like most of our guys so far, this guy might be a reach. 177lbs with a 4.69 40 and offers from Penn and Humboldt State? Yikes.
Some places have him closer to 190 lbs. Looks like he could be redshirted and add another 20-25 pounds easily and get up to 215 which would be a power back at with how short he is.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

So we pick up a 5'7 rb and a 6'2" rb. So much for prototype power backs. The 6'2 guy will get ear holed unless he learns to run with a low pad level. At some point do we get a full back? Or do we save that position for a walk on?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

There is no way this guy runs a 4.69 forty at 177 pounds. He has to be heavier and faster to get any football offers above D2.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

DVDA wrote:There is no way this guy runs a 4.69 forty at 177 pounds. He has to be heavier and faster to get any football offers above D2.
Espn rankings uses Nike Sparq times which are electronic. A lot of guys like the 6"2 kid use a hand timed 40 which doesn't mean squat. all the ESPN times are legit. He'll maybe he had a bad day?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

mwc fan wrote:
DVDA wrote:There is no way this guy runs a 4.69 forty at 177 pounds. He has to be heavier and faster to get any football offers above D2.
Espn rankings uses Nike Sparq times which are electronic. A lot of guys like the 6"2 kid use a hand timed 40 which doesn't mean squat. all the ESPN times are legit. He'll maybe he had a bad day?
That's the only explanation for a 177 pound kid to run a 4.69 and still get division one offers.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

DVDA wrote:
mwc fan wrote:
That's the only explanation for a 177 pound kid to run a 4.69 and still get division one offers.
I guess? I don't know what else there is. Lol I guess we going with all FCS recruits now.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Why question Bohl's talent evaluation, he was recruiting "FCS" to NDSU, and it turned into a team that would've beaten what DC put on the field. trust him
Stealth
Buckaroo

Watched every game he played in here in Los Angeles. 5'10, 180 plays like Reggie Bush. 1,686 yard rushing led the Southern Section, Pac-5 division--the top football division in California. Got those yards against St. John Bosco (MaxPreps National #1, Rivals national #3), two section champions, two championship semifinalists--and California prep football has some damn good competition. Give this guy a chance--he will blow you away.

The SPARQ rating was in an off season (March) camp. In terms of speed, ran second leg of the California's #2 fastest 4x100 relay team (#4 nationally), so plenty of speed. 100 time is 10.88. 2x CIF track champion for a school that has gone 118-2 in the meets in the last 28 years.

In terms of strong interest, most MWC teams had conversations, and 4 Pac-12 teams as well. He wanted to go somewhere he could help build a consistent winner instead of being a number. Coach Boll specifically wanted him.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Uhh...a 10.88 100 meter time :eek: If that is true, he most definitely runs a faster 40 than 4.69...more like a 4.29
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Stealth wrote:Watched every game he played in here in Los Angeles. 5'10, 180 plays like Reggie Bush. 1,686 yard rushing led the Southern Section, Pac-5 division--the top football division in California. Got those yards against St. John Bosco (MaxPreps National #1, Rivals national #3), two section champions, two championship semifinalists--and California prep football has some damn good competition. Give this guy a chance--he will blow you away.

The SPARQ rating was in an off season (March) camp. In terms of speed, ran second leg of the California's #2 fastest 4x100 relay team (#4 nationally), so plenty of speed. 100 time is 10.88. 2x CIF track champion for a school that has gone 118-2 in the meets in the last 28 years.

In terms of strong interest, most MWC teams had conversations, and 4 Pac-12 teams as well. He wanted to go somewhere he could help build a consistent winner instead of being a number. Coach Boll specifically wanted him.
Now this is great information....and also shows while Bohl wasn't a head coach at the FBS level, he still might just know a bit more than all of us do. I'm willing to give it a chance. We can't do much worse than DC's BS.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:Uhh...a 10.88 100 meter time :eek: If that is true, he most definitely runs a faster 40 than 4.69...more like a 4.29
Dayum.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:Uhh...a 10.88 100 meter time :eek: If that is true, he most definitely runs a faster 40 than 4.69...more like a 4.29
I think Herron was in the 10.5 range. This kid is fast...probably in the 4.45 range. 4.29 is world class.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:
I think Herron was in the 10.5 range. This kid is fast...probably in the 4.45 range. 4.29 is world class.
I looked at this guys video and he ran away from DB's on a regular basis.....I was thinking that there is no way that this guy is a 4.69 guy, he is much faster. You do NOT run for over 1,600 yards in a good Los Angeles league if you are a 5-9 and 177 pounds and only run a 4.69! This guy has big thighs, he kind of reminds of Barry Sanders physically but he isn't as elusive as Barry of course. He makes one move and goes quickly for the hole and keeps his head up and hips squared downfield. He does run through tackles and appears to be hard to bring down, but that is because of his lower body strength, he also appears to need a fair amount of upper body work.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Great to hear Stealth.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
I may have got a little over zealous, but a 10.88 is certainly in the low 4.4's and I bet he could see upper 4.3's
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:
world class...but not impossible

remember this?

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
I may have got a little over zealous, but a 10.88 is certainly in the low 4.4's and I bet he could see upper 4.3's
Most definitely in the 4.4's if not 4.3's.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Stealth wrote:Watched every game he played in here in Los Angeles. 5'10, 180 plays like Reggie Bush. 1,686 yard rushing led the Southern Section, Pac-5 division--the top football division in California. Got those yards against St. John Bosco (MaxPreps National #1, Rivals national #3), two section champions, two championship semifinalists--and California prep football has some damn good competition. Give this guy a chance--he will blow you away.

This kid is a great pick up. He played in the same division as Wick, so we know he's played elite competition over his career. Give the kid a redshirt season and I'm sure he will help Wyoming on the field for years to come. Although I would rather not have any of our players run the ball like Reggie Bush. Sorry but North and South is the direction I prefer on the football field.