Brian Hill IL Safety/RB

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Offers from N Illinois, E Michigan and FCS has committed WYO.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Looks like he'll be a safety at the next level. Dude can hit, will be an enforcer with a little more weight.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

He's a pretty good athlete. Could play at RB, WR or safety. We need the most help at safety though. Looks like he could make a pretty good punt returner also.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Wyoming wants him as a running back, Northern Illinois wanted him for linebacker from what his high school coach says.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

A 4.34 40 and 40-in vertical is exceptional. Hope he stays committed.
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Seems to be about the size Bohl likes in his RBs. If he's got that kind of breakaway speed, he should prove to be a really nice get!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

mrtnt3x wrote:A 4.34 40 and 40-in vertical is exceptional. Hope he stays committed.

Those numbers are faster than Robert Herron. if its true with that size, what kept the Big 12 teams away?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Good quotes here from Hill and his coach:
https://twitter.com/rpgagliardi/status/ ... 8639390720
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Was ndsu top target after the QB/WE out of omaha. Hill is great, Wyoming is becoming NDSU 2.0 which means you will probably win!

Ps isn't that the same #5 jersey winters tried on too?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

lakesbison wrote:Wyoming is becoming NDSU 2.0 which means you will probably win!
More like means we are going to get our ass kicked. FBS to FCS is like NFL to CFL. :lol:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'm willing to give coach the benefit of the doubt here as his fcs squad beat Kansas state, csu, Minnesota etc with this caliber of recruits. I would love to have victories against reigning big 12 champions on our resume lately. Nearly beat nebraska but didn't pull it off.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

This dude has no legs! Curious how well he'll bulk up.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I'm willing to give coach the benefit of the doubt here as his fcs squad beat Kansas state, csu, Minnesota etc with this caliber of recruits. I would love to have victories against reigning big 12 champions on our resume lately. Nearly beat nebraska but didn't pull it off.
Point made certainly...but I am not overly impressed by wins against KState, CSewe, and Minnesota. Hell, Joe Glenn & staff took Ole Miss (twice), Vaginia, Tennessee, and UCLA out...all the while never sniffing a MWC championship - although the competition was much tougher with bWHYu, Utard, and TCU.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:I'm willing to give coach the benefit of the doubt here as his fcs squad beat Kansas state, csu, Minnesota etc with this caliber of recruits. I would love to have victories against reigning big 12 champions on our resume lately. Nearly beat nebraska but didn't pull it off.
Point made certainly...but I am not overly impressed by wins against KState, CSewe, and Minnesota. Hell, Joe Glenn & staff took Ole Miss (twice), Vaginia, Tennessee, and UCLA out...all the while never sniffing a MWC championship - although the competition was much tougher with bWHYu, Utard, and TCU.
K-State did come into 2013 as defending Big-12 champs. They only went 8-5, but a four-point loss @OSU and 10-point losses to #6 OU and #13 Baylor is nothing to sneeze at. Most, if not all, teams in the MWC wouldn't have pulled out a win @KSU.

Recruiting-wise, did Nick Smith from FL just commit? A teammate's tweet seems to suggest this may be the case. Apparently, RB Nico Evans from LA just committed.
Last edited by POKE FAN on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

Norther Illinois wanted him as a linebacker?? He looks way too small to play linebacker.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
lakesbison wrote:Wyoming is becoming NDSU 2.0 which means you will probably win!
More like means we are going to get our ass kicked. FBS to FCS is like NFL to CFL. :lol:
The main difference between FBS and FCS is the depth. The talent now is pretty similar for the top teams in the FCS compared to the non power 5 schools. Bohl knows how to win and these are better rated guys than DC got and we have 3 guys about to be drafted and a potential for 2 before the 4th round. Bohl will also do a much better job of coaching these guys up if we allow him to build here we will be right at the top of the MWC soon enough and Bohl was probably the highest rated coaching hire Wyoming has ever gotten.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

No need to diss NDSU wyo fans you have our coach and now about 8 of our offered recruits!! Relax, it's good company!
billings
Ranch Hand

lakesbison wrote:No need to diss NDSU wyo fans you have our coach and now about 8 of our offered recruits!! Relax, it's good company!
Reading your board it is now pretty obvious that many of your fans now think Bohl should have left when he accepted the Wyo job. It is also obvious they have never seen a staff get hired elsewhere and raid recruits. It is pretty common practice though. For example Washington is raiding Boise recruits pretty hard right now. Normal stuff in the brutal war of recruiting