New Prez

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Thoughts? All I know about him: Harvard guy, kinda went rogue and bought a ranch in nowheresville...that sounds pretty sweet. Seemed a little reluctant to be the guy at first, those are usually the best leaders if you enjoy Socrates.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Yea, a Harvard grad that's a good fit.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I doubt this is good news for UW Athletics. Maybe we need to get the tar and feathers ready - not for the new pres, but for the bot.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

WYCowboy wrote:I doubt this is good news for UW Athletics. Maybe we need to get the tar and feathers ready - not for the new pres, but for the bot.
We should've tar and feathered them after they canned Sternberg (sp?))!!!

I'm still convinced some if not all of the BOT has ties to the basterds in Provo!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:I doubt this is good news for UW Athletics. Maybe we need to get the tar and feathers ready - not for the new pres, but for the bot.

I'm still convinced some if not all of the BOT has ties to the basterds in Provo!!!!!!

I wouldn't be at all surprised. This is exactly the same thing that happened when they hired Buchanan.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

I wouldn't be at all surprised. This is exactly the same thing that happened when they hired Buchanan.
Someone needs to stop the insanity there but no one will!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

It looks to me that once again, UW takes the path of least resistance and settles for the interim president because it is the easy thing to do.....

"McGinity and his administrative team are working with Gov. Matt Mead and lawmakers to prepare for the Legislature’s 2014 budget session. The governor has recommended funding for a number of the university’s top priorities, including a pay raise to retain and recruit top UW employees; programmatic and capital facilities improvements for the College of Engineering and Applied Science; enhancement of information technology and classrooms for students; and progress on partnerships with Wyoming community colleges.

McGinity is leading the development of the university’s strategic plan for 2015-2020. That planning process, which involves all UW units, aims to establish priorities and identify concrete steps to reach new levels of excellence.

McGinity’s priorities include a focus on student success and producing graduates who are prepared to compete in the global job market; demonstrating academic excellence in specific areas of instruction, research and service; and cultivating a culture of interaction with the people of Wyoming in response to the state’s needs."

Not one mention of athletics anywhere. Looks like the BOT found their guy.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

ugh. Not to sound like an asshole but I don't give a god damn about making class better. I want CHAMPIONSHIPS
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Aaron wrote:ugh. Not to sound like an asshole but I don't give a god damn about making class better. I want CHAMPIONSHIPS
+1 Same here. Championships not chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

We play musical chairs...a lot.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

CowboyNV wrote:It looks to me that once again, UW takes the path of least resistance and settles for the interim president because it is the easy thing to do.....

"McGinity and his administrative team are working with Gov. Matt Mead and lawmakers to prepare for the Legislature’s 2014 budget session. The governor has recommended funding for a number of the university’s top priorities, including a pay raise to retain and recruit top UW employees; programmatic and capital facilities improvements for the College of Engineering and Applied Science; enhancement of information technology and classrooms for students; and progress on partnerships with Wyoming community colleges.

McGinity is leading the development of the university’s strategic plan for 2015-2020. That planning process, which involves all UW units, aims to establish priorities and identify concrete steps to reach new levels of excellence.

McGinity’s priorities include a focus on student success and producing graduates who are prepared to compete in the global job market; demonstrating academic excellence in specific areas of instruction, research and service; and cultivating a culture of interaction with the people of Wyoming in response to the state’s needs."

Not one mention of athletics anywhere. Looks like the BOT found their guy.

So he's basically doing what every college President/Chancellor in the country should be doing. Call me crazy but I expect more than the bare minimum from this position. In conclusion...whoopity-fu@&$!g-doo!
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

They had to stick with McGinity for two years because NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, in their right mind would apply for the job. We are a laughing stock, and need someone to keep the lights on for a while hoping people forget about it.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Lost Poke wrote:They had to stick with McGinity for two years because NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, in their right mind would apply for the job. We are a laughing stock, and need someone to keep the lights on for a while hoping people forget about it.
This. 100%.

And the reason it took 2 months to make happen & announce, you wonder? It took that long to convince McGinity to TAKE the job!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...