Mrs. Wyoming is NOW Mrs. America 2007!

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070906/ap_ ... s__america
TUCSON, Ariz. - A 30-year-old mother of three from northern Wyoming is the new Mrs. America, contest organizers announced.

Mrs. Wyoming Kelly McBee, who works as a beauty consultant in the town of Worland, won the national crown Wednesday in a ceremony at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, organizers said.

"I'm in shock," she said. "I don't believe it."

The Mrs. America award "spotlights some of the most accomplished, contemporary, poised, articulate and attractive married women," organizers said.

First runner-up was Mrs. Tennessee Christina Ryan of Franklin; second runner-up was Mrs. Nebraska Michele Strom of Omaha; third runner-up was Mrs. Oklahoma Melissa Soto of Tulsa; fourth runner-up was Mrs. New Mexico Cortney Whitley of Hobbs; and fifth runner-up was Mrs. California Kelly Stornetta of Fresno.
She's from Worland which is southeast of Cody in northwest Wyoming. My dad was born there.

http://www.mrswyomingamerica.com/mrswyo2007.html
On May 26, 2007, two ladies were standing on the stage waiting to hear the announcement of the next Mrs. Wyoming. Then....my name was called as Mrs. Wyoming 2007, as I was officially crowned, I had to pinch myself to realize it was real. Wow! What an honor, to have been chosen for such a prestigious title, I will never forget that moment! I am so proud to have been selected to represent all the married women of Wyoming. Also to be a representative for a pageant which promotes marriage, family and personal excellence. The Mrs. America Pageant is the only nationally televised pageant to recognize America's greatest resource, its' married women. I am so honored to be a part of the Mrs. America family!

I hope that by visiting the website, you will be empowered to compete in this pageant as I was and through reading my page, you will not only learn something about me, but that I will inspire you to also take the first step to to unbelievable life experience!

I have been married to my wonderful husband, Jeff for 8 years and we have three amazing children, Quentin, Lane and Regan. Our home is in Worland where I am self employed. In my spare time besides playing softball, I enjoy shopping on ebay, can you blame me the nearest mall is 3 hours away, my monthly pedicures are a must and I treasure family time!

As a competitive softball player since the age of 7, I was taught at an early age to 'Swing for the Fence'. So as your new Mrs. Wyoming 2007, I am excited to use my title to spread my message about the importance in having goals. I believe that a key to a happy life is setting goals, whether it is a small one like taking a family vacation or a larger goal as becoming Mrs. America, they both give you something to look forward to and work towards..

Why did I enter this pageant? I feel just because you are a wife and/or mother does not mean that you should stop dreaming! Every wife should still do things that she enjoys. Personal growth is something married women need to continue to achieve. Through the Mrs. Wyoming - America Pageant, women can do just that. Not only have I grown

personally, I have met wonderful new friends that I will have for a lifetime, I have taught my children to dream BIG as they watched mom set a goal, prepare for the pageant and then made it a reality when I was crowned.

I began competing in this pageant in 2005 and placed 1st runner up... as I had set a goal to be the next Mrs. Wyoming, I knew I had to return to try to win the title. As soon as the 2006 pageant was over, I submitted my application and started preparing for the competition. Then while standing on the Mrs. Wyoming stage, my dream came true, as the emcee announced my name as Mrs. Wyoming 2007!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Worland, Wyo represent!! That's my stompin' grounds.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:Worland, Wyo represent!! That's my stompin' grounds.
My father was born there in 1949.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wyokie wrote:
Yeah.. little before my family got there in the 50's.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Yeah.. little before my family got there in the 50's.
Pa was raised in Cody. Oldest of 6 kids. Grandma was Mormon (Grandpa wasn't). My grandma died in a auto accident in 1986. Interesting historical fact: she was being bapitized a Mormon on December 7, 1941, the same day Pearl Harbor on Oahu was bombed by the Japanese Navy!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

It was a sign. :)

I have some family in Cody.. they run the Daylight Donuts there.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:It was a sign. :)
Yea. Does explain why I love reading about Pearl Harbor....and part of why I want to move there on Oahu. She was bapitizied in I believe Worland but DON'T hold me to it.
I have some family in Cody.. they run the Daylight Donuts there.
I'll PM you my family name. You might know members of my family.