Bitching

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I've hardly been able to follow her, unless it's about SMU. It's always the most random stuff.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Been in Kansas the last few days visiting family with my grandmother. Today was supposed to be a day to relax. Instead, she fell and broke her femur at 3:30 this morning, drove up to Lincoln, Nebraska, and are waiting for her to go into surgery. Very tired right now.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

fromolwyoming wrote:Been in Kansas the last few days visiting family with my grandmother. Today was supposed to be a day to relax. Instead, she fell and broke her femur at 3:30 this morning, drove up to Lincoln, Nebraska, and are waiting for her to go into surgery. Very tired right now.
Ugh, that's a huge bummer - how old is she?

In a similar incident, a childhood friend's grandma fell and hit the back of her head last Sunday and passed away on Tuesday. She was 91, so obviously not quite a spring chicken, but she was in great health and largely self-sufficient. My friend was close to her, so he's obviously pretty upset. I don't remember much of her, except that she baked awesome cookies (though that's kind of a requirement for grandmas).
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Been in Kansas the last few days visiting family with my grandmother. Today was supposed to be a day to relax. Instead, she fell and broke her femur at 3:30 this morning, drove up to Lincoln, Nebraska, and are waiting for her to go into surgery. Very tired right now.
Ugh, that's a huge bummer - how old is she?

In a similar incident, a childhood friend's grandma fell and hit the back of her head last Sunday and passed away on Tuesday. She was 91, so obviously not quite a spring chicken, but she was in great health and largely self-sufficient. My friend was close to her, so he's obviously pretty upset. I don't remember much of her, except that she baked awesome cookies (though that's kind of a requirement for grandmas).
70. So, she's not that old. Just a bad accident.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I hope she's alright. And heals quickly.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

kansasCowboy wrote:I hope she's alright. And heals quickly.
She got out of surgery a bit ago. 3 months of non-weight bearing. Just got to figure out how to get her home, as the home health care in the part of Kansas we're staying in is almost non-existent in comparison to Laramie.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Update: Looks like she'll be staying in Belleville, KS for awhile and I'll be heading home on a Greyhound bus. Tonight at 11pm. And get back to Laramie at 2:50am.

Grandma not going to be happy with being away from home so long though, but not much we can do.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Funniest man ever died today. RIP Robin Williams.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Funniest man ever died today. RIP Robin Williams.
Here's a news story about it.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb ... 14092.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

That really sucks. Pretty well blows away my sucky night on a cramped charter bus from Lincoln to Denver last night where I got maybe an hour of sleep.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

MORE sad news....

Lauren Bacall just passed away at 89.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/lauren-bac ... 36487.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!