Biden!

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Wyokie wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:55 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:52 am Something just isn't right and I wonder who is really in charge of this fiasco. It isn't Biden or Harris.
You just figured this out. :o

"This," whatever it is...got started during Obama's administration IMO.
It's different now or greatly accelerated. I'll disagree. It started with the 2nd Bush.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Biden finally getting out of Afghanistan is the only correct decisions he’s ever made. Probably should have gotten more people out before letting taliban take over but what ever. Hopefully we never set foot in the ethnic and religious nightmare of the Middle East.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:27 pm Biden finally getting out of Afghanistan is the only correct decisions he’s ever made. Probably should have gotten more people out before letting taliban take over but what ever. Hopefully we never set foot in the ethnic and religious nightmare of the Middle East.
I don't think many disagree with his decision to pull out of Afghanistan (just Cheney and other neocon warmongers that stand to profit off endless war), but holy crap did he bungle it. I don't think he could have F'd up worse. Everything transpired exactly opposite of what he promised would not happen. Let this be a huge black eye against him and the democrats.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I always seem to bitch about Trump et al, but I will absolutely agree with you guys. Biden and admin screwed the pooch on this one. While I agree with the withdrawal (should have happened long ago), the way it went down could have gone significantly better.

The only positive I see is that no American lives were lost in the withdrawal (as far as i know).
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:20 pm I always seem to bitch about Trump et al, but I will absolutely agree with you guys. Biden and admin screwed the pooch on this one. While I agree with the withdrawal (should have happened long ago), the way it went down could have gone significantly better.

The only positive I see is that no American lives were lost in the withdrawal (as far as i know).
His follow-up activities and interviews were even more concerning to me. Even Democrats have to admit that his mental capacity is questionable. By mental capacity I mean to be president not as a 70+ year old man.

He's not running the show and neither is Harris. It's damn scary right now.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

So when is it acceptable to step in and stop genocide? Is that even our place to intervene any longer in the current international climate?

Trump's plan was the beginning to the end in Afghanistan. It was his plan...it was his goal, yet senile Biden changed the timing, changed the plan (out of attitude and ego), and f-word it all up.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Arent troops supposed to be the last ones to leave? At least we could have covered for what appears to thousands of civilians left behind.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:52 am Passing a $3.5 TRILLION bill via budget resolution will be political suicide. Nobody except the far left will be supportive of that.

This new Democratic party is scary and I've voted Democratic before. Really tough spot to be in as an Independent. I'm not real supportive of the Republicans but I'm hugely opposed to the direction the Democratic party has gone.

Something just isn't right and I wonder who is really in charge of this fiasco. It isn't Biden or Harris.

It is George Soros - the most anti-American person on the face of the Earth (and there are a lot of anti-Americans out there).
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WYCowboy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:55 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:52 am Passing a $3.5 TRILLION bill via budget resolution will be political suicide. Nobody except the far left will be supportive of that.

This new Democratic party is scary and I've voted Democratic before. Really tough spot to be in as an Independent. I'm not real supportive of the Republicans but I'm hugely opposed to the direction the Democratic party has gone.

Something just isn't right and I wonder who is really in charge of this fiasco. It isn't Biden or Harris.

It is George Soros - the most anti-American person on the face of the Earth (and there are a lot of anti-Americans out there).
He's the popular pick by a lot of people as the one driving this whole world wide mess. Sadly, I believe he's Jewish. If so, I'm afraid Anti-Semitism in this world will skyrocket. Gawd, I hope I'm wrong but.... :roll:

Save bet Hitler is laughing at "us" beyond the grave.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Nice choice dems...it just keeps getting sadder and sadder. Carter has to be pleased he is no longer considered the worst POTUS of ALL TIME!!!

"The members of Congress know, from their colleagues in Congress, that, uh, you know, the, looks like a tornado, they don't call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country, in Iowa and Nevada. It's just across the board," Bided stated at a Jersey press conference.

:wtf:
Dear Karma,

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:52 pm Nice choice dems...it just keeps getting sadder and sadder. Carter has to be pleased he is no longer considered the worst POTUS of ALL TIME!!!

"The members of Congress know, from their colleagues in Congress, that, uh, you know, the, looks like a tornado, they don't call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country, in Iowa and Nevada. It's just across the board," Bided stated at a Jersey press conference.

I'm not politically connected by any means. However, I do know a few people that let's just say have pretty strong connections. Probably not major information to those who read or closely follow political news, but it was new to me. Many believe his Chief of Staff, Ron Klain, is really in charge and just preps Biden for appearances. Read his background and it does make some sense. Who is in charge of Ron Klain is less clear.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:52 pm Nice choice dems...it just keeps getting sadder and sadder. Carter has to be pleased he is no longer considered the worst POTUS of ALL TIME!!!

It is indeed a sad time in the US of A. I could go on, but I think I'll just leave it there.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Sure seems like all this covid poop has to breed a new generation of conservatives. It's important to remind our young people who is doing this to them.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I'm sure the courts will overturn Biden's mandate. I can't imagine the president has the power to do this.

With that said, they clearly aren't following science with the mandates. That argument left the building with the delta variant and soon to be the mu variant. The conspiracy theorist in my wonders if this is a purge of conservative individuals from government and now larger businesses?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Whelp. Might be fired soon. I'm vaccinated but refuse to follow the vac mandate guidelines.

I'll stand for freedom and choice everytime despite what I personally chose.

This is INSANE. Damn Democrats. As an Independent you'll never get me back.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:58 pm I'm sure the courts will overturn Biden's mandate. I can't imagine the president has the power to do this.
I wouldn't be so sure. There's Supreme Court precedent in Jacobson v. Massachusetts that says that vaccines may be mandated (among other things). https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/197/11

While I staunchly believe that the more people get vaccinated the quicker we'll be done with this, I think that requiring private businesses to mandate is overstepping. Federal contractors? Sure. You work for the Feds, so you have to do what the Feds say. Private businesses are another story.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:06 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:58 pm I'm sure the courts will overturn Biden's mandate. I can't imagine the president has the power to do this.
I wouldn't be so sure. There's Supreme Court precedent in Jacobson v. Massachusetts that says that vaccines may be mandated (among other things). https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/197/11

While I staunchly believe that the more people get vaccinated the quicker we'll be done with this, I think that requiring private businesses to mandate is overstepping. Federal contractors? Sure. You work for the Feds, so you have to do what the Feds say. Private businesses are another story.
Forcing you to sign a liability waiver hasn't been challenged yet. I'm also not sure if they can sort business mandate by size. The other that will be challenged soon is requiring non-vaccinated to be COVID tested weekly because there is no scientific data to suggest that is anything other than harassment. Vaccinated people can contract and spread COVID so they should also be subjected to weekly testing if that mandate is passed.

At the end of the day, this is nothing more than political grandstanding. Even utilizing the OSHA approach, it will be virtually impossible to enforce. I'm guessing it will also be paused until the legal process works it way out which by then, may be a mute point anyway.

Biden is showing how incompetent he is and this is grasping at air to salvage what he can of his political approval. His angle here is to throw up his hands and say he tried and divert blame away from his administration for the free fall this country is in. That and COVID has been good for liberals and the liberal media. They want nothing more than COVID rather than Afghanistan or the economy to be front and center. Biden picked this fight to take the spotlight off of his other debacles and the media will help him pull it off.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

This country doesn’t have much time left unless more power is returned to the states. So, that means it’s pretty much over. The federal government has too much say and it’s time to Balkanize. The people in all the different states are too different and there’s no reason why Californians should have say in what happens in Wyoming and vice versa.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

No verbal live comments on 9/11. They cut his feed again when gets off script. This is getting eerie. Honestly, Twilight Zone kind of stuff. I'm shocked the general population isn't sounding the alarm yet.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:43 am No verbal live comments on 9/11. They cut his feed again when gets off script. This is getting eerie. Honestly, Twilight Zone kind of stuff. I'm shocked the general population isn't sounding the alarm yet.
There is clearly a large group of libs that are embarrassed and won't speak up. Major heaping pile of crow to eat, but they are all vegans. :lol:

That group doesn't want to admit (publicly, media, protesting, burning poop down, etc.) that the current POTUS is a disaster like we have never witnessed. I would be embarrassed if I were them as well. Maybe they "shot their load" with all the vile Trump crap the last 4 years.
Dear Karma,