Having to put down a pet sucks.

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Just had to put down my dog of 12 years today. She had lung cancer, but had just yesterday she had a pretty good day. Then this morning, she had a major seizure or stroke, lost control of her bladder and bowel, and could hardly breathe, let alone move.

She had an appointment anyway, but seeing her like that... She's not suffering anymore. But dammit, I'm gonna miss her.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Sorry for your loss. An animal dying is always tough. Hoping the memories of the good times with her will help you going forward.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:08 pm Sorry for your loss. An animal dying is always tough. Hoping the memories of the good times with her will help you going forward.
Thanks. Right now, its not easy though. I keep expecting to see her on the chair, or looking at me hoping for a treat. Hell, I miss her barking at people walking by. Raised her since she was two months old, and now there's a big gaping hole where she was.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

That sucks. Sorry to hear
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:20 pm Just had to put down my dog of 12 years today. She had lung cancer, but had just yesterday she had a pretty good day. Then this morning, she had a major seizure or stroke, lost control of her bladder and bowel, and could hardly breathe, let alone move.

She had an appointment anyway, but seeing her like that... She's not suffering anymore. But dammit, I'm gonna miss her.
I'm sorry. That's so hard to do.

One of my Mom's friends had to put down some kind of important breeding dog.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I'm sorry. It sucks bad to have to put down somebody who's loved you unconditionally for over a decade. :(