NFL Activism

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

It is sickening the level of political activism in sports. I hate it.

Most pro teams use borderline extortion to get tax payers to fund arenas and stadiums. Leave politics off the field out of respect of 1/2 the people who built the place you play in and might not agree with you.

Tax payers built your house to stimulate the local economy, have a team to cheer for, etc. They didn't build it for a political platform. As soon as you leave the grounds, do what you wish. Hell, rent the stadium in the off-season and hold rallies. Just leave it off grounds during the season.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Agreed. I could care less if I agree or disagree with any of them I watch football to not think about real world poop.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I don't watch the pregame, beginning or halftime stuff anyway, I only watch it for the action and like tonight with my Cardinals playing I probably won't turn it on until the 4th quarter that that's about it, Go Rockies, still in the WC hunt, rather see that anyway
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Dallas locked arms and took a knee before the national anthem supposedly for "inequality".
It was a cowards way of protesting an inequality that is not real. They are standing for globalists who want to end a lot of people. Whites are now only about 7 to 9+% of the world population when a few decades ago they were 1/3 of the world's population.
Trump baited and it worked.
I rarely watched the NFL anyway so it's not hard to stop watching. They are a waste of time and money that should be spent on and with family etc.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

alyssa wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:04 pm Dallas locked arms and took a knee before the national anthem supposedly for "inequality".
It was a cowards way of protesting an inequality that is not real. They are standing for globalists who want to end a lot of people. Whites are now only about 7 to 9+% of the world population when a few decades ago they were 1/3 of the world's population.
I rarely watched the NFL anyway so it's not hard to stop watching. They are a waste of time and money that should be spent on and with family etc.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

If you want sports to stay out of politics, then politics should stay out of sports. Yesterday and today's protests were a direct response to The President's comments the few days prior, the protests this week had almost nothing to do with perceived social/racial injustices.

If he had stuck to things that are more...ya know....Presidential, then it would have just been the few isolated protests as usual.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

My $0.02 on this...the morons i.e., players in the NFL are only doing this to justify the millions upon millions of dollars they earn per year. The black players per person make more in ONE season than a sizeable portion of the black population of the U.S. will ever make in their lifetimes COMBINED!!!!!!

Funny thing as alyssa said in an earlier post...Trump baited the idiots and they fell for it hook-line-&-stinker.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:47 pm If you want sports to stay out of politics, then politics should stay out of sports. Yesterday and today's protests were a direct response to The President's comments the few days prior, the protests this week had almost nothing to do with perceived social/racial injustices.

If he had stuck to things that are more...ya know....Presidential, then it would have just been the few isolated protests as usual.
Oh absolutely if we had an adult in there it would't be a huge thing yesterday it would have been the isolated individuals it was before, not basically every team doing something in response.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Our freedoms etc. are under attack.
The globalists people were coming after the American flag and national anthem.
Globalists and their puppets are now saying that the American national anthem is White supremacy.
Everyone here probably knows that the globalists want America's 1st and 2nd amendments gone etc.
Trump knew what was coming and that's why he baited when he did.

Europe's in deep trouble and America's door is being pounded by a battering ram.

I know people who cannot go back to their countries, like Sweden, for speaking out for what's right etc.
I like the video by "Way of the World". It's titled "Join, or Die". It shows men of Koln behavior for their football matches but not for themselves and their women and children.
How far cultures and its men have fallen.

More English have been waking up. It's (mostly) girls used in rape etc. Girls have been made into kebabs. And so much more. Yesterday, NFL players took a knee for the national anthem but not the GSTQ.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

If this is what professional sports has come to, I don't want any part of any of it.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Yeah.
And Alejandro Villanueva became a coward and apologized, an American soldier!
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

The most sickening thing about the protests for the entire weekend to me, anyway, was the Ravens and Jaguars playing in England. Both teams, as I understand, kneeled for the American National Anthem but then stood for the English anthem, "God Save the Queen". Both of those teams can go straight to Hell for my part.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

No more NFL for me. Just hope it doesn't become rampant in the NCAA, or "The War". My 2 cents, Trump really said some devisive things - suggesting these guys honor the Country, the Flag, and our anthem. That was way out of bounds. I'm curious how many millions you all have in your checking account versus these poor NFL snowflake players. If their really so "bruised" by Trump calling them a SOB for disrespecting our country - what are they.......... personally, I'm glad we have an adult in the White House who will call things the way they are versus Hussein who ran around the world apologizing for the arrogance of us Americans. Glad the Muslim sympathizer is gone, he did us no favors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Honestly, this anthem thing has been blown way out of proportion by both sides of the argument.

That being said, I distinctly remember ,at a Rockies game, a Hispanic fellow about to beat some old dudes ass because he didn't take his hat off. He was a vet and the old dude said he was a Vietnam vet. To me, it seems like something you just don't f-word around with regardless of what kind of perceived injustices you want to highlight.

W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Poke-proud wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:53 am No more NFL for me.
Okay. Fine. I'll keep watching the pro Pokes then.
Just hope it doesn't become rampant in the NCAA, or "The War".
You would have REALLY hated the 1960s and 1970s then.
My 2 cents, Trump really said some devisive things
That's about all he does. Along with really stupid things. Remember how he said everything was great in Puerto Rico? Yeah, not so much. People are desperate for food, water, etc. Ask Trump? He'll call it fake news.
- suggesting these guys honor the Country, the Flag, and our anthem. That was way out of bounds.
No, Trump is, once again, telling people they don't have the right to the 1st Amendment. You know, peacefully protest, freedom of speech, constitutional rights? Or, does that only count for "keepin' mah guuuuns!" and no other Amendment?
I'm curious how many millions you all have in your checking account versus these poor NFL snowflake players.
Ah, that word. "Snowflake". Used by people so easily offended to try and deflect their own insecurities onto others. They weren't telling other people to "protest or else" and what not. Taking a knee? Linking arms? Oh, so awful.
If their really so "bruised" by Trump calling them a SOB for disrespecting our country
Yeah, how dare people want a modicum of respectability in the office of the Presidency. But hey, Trump is all about "not being like everyone else"! So what if he makes the US look like fools to the international community. So what if every other thing he says turns out to be false. Trump is just awesome! Right?
- what are they.......... personally, I'm glad we have an adult in the White House
Trump is the biggest man-child to ever hold a public office in United States history. His twitter rants, insisting his "crowds are the biggest ever", etc? I've seen teenagers with more maturity then Trump.
who will call things the way they are versus Hussein who ran around the world apologizing for the arrogance of us Americans. Glad the Muslim sympathizer is gone, he did us no favors.

Now with the man-child in office, the one that never seems to run out of that awful orange spray tan, the one that tweets at 3 am, the one that is always looking for a target to bully, the world now mocks him, and by extension the rest of the country. People even prefer the last George Bush over the train wreck that is Trump and his administration.
alyssa wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:04 pm Dallas locked arms and took a knee before the national anthem supposedly for "inequality".
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

[/quote]

I'm talkin' about the globalists and their puppets tactics use to divide and conquer a free America like it has been done to other once free nations.
In Europe class warfare was used. In America race warfare is used because the class warfare attack failed.
You have to understand globalism.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:
That's about all he does. Along with really stupid things. Remember how he said everything was great in Puerto Rico? Yeah, not so much. People are desperate for food, water, etc. Ask Trump? He'll call it fake news.
- suggesting these guys honor the Country, the Flag, and our anthem. That was way out of bounds.
No, Trump is, once again, telling people they don't have the right to the 1st Amendment. You know, peacefully protest, freedom of speech, constitutional rights? Or, does that only count for "keepin' mah guuuuns!" and no other Amendment?
I'm curious how many millions you all have in your checking account versus these poor NFL snowflake players.
Ah, that word. "Snowflake". Used by people so easily offended to try and deflect their own insecurities onto others. They weren't telling other people to "protest or else" and what not. Taking a knee? Linking arms? Oh, so awful.
If their really so "bruised" by Trump calling them a SOB for disrespecting our country
Yeah, how dare people want a modicum of respectability in the office of the Presidency. But hey, Trump is all about "not being like everyone else"! So what if he makes the US look like fools to the international community. So what if every other thing he says turns out to be false. Trump is just awesome! Right?
- what are they.......... personally, I'm glad we have an adult in the White House
Trump is the biggest man-child to ever hold a public office in United States history. His twitter rants, insisting his "crowds are the biggest ever", etc? I've seen teenagers with more maturity then Trump.
who will call things the way they are versus Hussein who ran around the world apologizing for the arrogance of us Americans. Glad the Muslim sympathizer is gone, he did us no favors.

Now with the man-child in office, the one that never seems to run out of that awful orange spray tan, the one that tweets at 3 am, the one that is always looking for a target to bully, the world now mocks him, and by extension the rest of the country. People even prefer the last George Bush over the train wreck that is Trump and his administration.
OK, lets make this easy and show how ignorant you really are.

Defend Obama giving $100s of millions of "your tax dollars" ( well that is if you pay taxes (most liberals don't but want everyone to pay their fair share meaning everyone else) to Iran, but yeah go ahead and defend that.

Defend Obamas handling of ISIS, remember your "buddy" said they were the JV team.

Defend Barry mocking Romney in the debate when he stated Russia is the biggest threat to America.

I'm sure your response will be - well I didn't vote for Obama in your little whiney liberal voice.

Last edited by Poke-proud on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:

and show me the quote where Trump "Mr Trump" to you, said they didn't have their first amendments rights. That's liberals like you that cry that when folks disagree with you. So I hope any women I know don't run into you using the women's bathrooms at "The War" because I'm sure you supported Husseins campaign for equality and uni-the deed bathrooms.

You all are loonie.

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:

do I really care what Kim Jong Un cares about how the US is viewed. That's the problem with you - and libs, you care more about the world than you do the US. So it explains why you support disrespect of this Great country, flag burning etc, etc, etc. makes perfect sense to me. No one was more divisive than Obama. No one.