Election

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

People think it's a farce to not nominate of the two leading delegate getters, but it's always been in the party rules that you need a majority and not plurality. After that, it's a free for all. I actually hope they nominate someone else in a contested convention.
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote:People think it's a farce to not nominate of the two leading delegate getters, but it's always been in the party rules that you need a majority and not plurality. After that, it's a free for all. I actually hope they nominate someone else in a contested convention.
Same. Even Kasich would be a step up.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
laxwyo wrote:People think it's a farce to not nominate of the two leading delegate getters, but it's always been in the party rules that you need a majority and not plurality. After that, it's a free for all. I actually hope they nominate someone else in a contested convention.
I would guess that they would have to put someone in who didn't run (Romney? Ryan?). I can't imagine putting someone in who ran and was soundly beaten down by the people. Of course, I also can't imagine them putting someone in who didn't even run and didn't even give the voters a chance to voice their opinion.

Really bizarre scenario no matter what happens.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
I would guess that they would have to put someone in who didn't run (Romney? Ryan?). I can't imagine putting someone in who ran and was soundly beaten down by the people. Of course, I also can't imagine them putting someone in who didn't even run and didn't even give the voters a chance to voice their opinion.

If you know anything about Wyoming's caucus system, the party leaders in Cheyenne hold most of the power just like in the national party convention
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

laxwyo wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

If you know anything about Wyoming's caucus system, the party leaders in Cheyenne hold most of the power just like in the national party convention
For sure, but, I'm not sure it has been "tested" like this, at least in my lifetime which makes it interesting to see what will happen.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Last time there was a contested GOP convention was 1976 between Ford and Reagan.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I liked this video. It's stuff I've known for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSHNkOYNlNk
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I can't believe that no one is talking about how you are being taken over by the globalists.
Read Drudge articles.
Look at AJ vids from today's playlist. I watched a couple like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnV9T_v_wO8
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Suggesting people should be talking about something and then posting a video of someone as idiotic as Alex Jones is not going to move the masses, especially on this board. Mr. Jones is either a blowhard looking to benefit off of those that are too unintelligent to think for themselves, or is truly an ignorant simpleton. This is a guy that thinks the US government is behind the Oklahoma city bombing and 9/11. Even if the points he makes regarding the election have some basis in fact, they are tainted by the fact that he is discussing them.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I may watch the new Dinesh D'Souza movie coming out in July "Hillary's America".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7e6gLht6OQ

He is supposed to show how the Democratic Party is the party of the KKK, slavery, enslavement, Indian Removal, Trail of Tears, broken treaties, segregation, Jim Crow, lynching, Japanese Internment and other things like opposing the Civil Right Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and the Fair Housing Bill of 1968.

One of my uncles by marriage was a politician who was murdered when he wasn't going to go along with the criminals. Then other things happened. I've toured the world. I can see what's happening with a lot of things.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:Suggesting people should be talking about something and then posting a video of someone as idiotic as Alex Jones is not going to move the masses, especially on this board. Mr. Jones is either a blowhard looking to benefit off of those that are too unintelligent to think for themselves, or is truly an ignorant simpleton. This is a guy that thinks the US government is behind the Oklahoma city bombing and 9/11. Even if the points he makes regarding the election have some basis in fact, they are tainted by the fact that he is discussing them.
:popcorn:
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

The title of the thread is ELECTION. It's not really an election if the citizens don't get to vote. Coloradans didn't vote in the primary there. Other states citizens aren't getting to vote in the primaries either. That's what I was surprised about but I learned something about the numbers of people who are concerned about that or not.

I got to vote in the primary and I think my vote counted the way I voted. Others voted in their primaries and their votes got switched. Now people are not getting to vote in some states.
Blode mus!

AJ is not my favorite guy for sure and he is not the only person on his show. I like some of the other people on the show. AJ is the American English speaking person I listen to sometimes. He is saying the same things that I'm hearing people from many other nations in Europe and Australia say about their situations with their governments and losses of freedoms. Some of the guys I'm listening to about what's going on are under threat for their lives. For one example the Scotsman I listen to cannot go to the Netherlands (and other places) without guards because he is targeted for beheading.

AJ is talking here to a guy named Chuck Untersee who has a movie coming out this weekend in the Houston area. It's called REVELATION: DAWN OF GLOBAL GOVERNMENT. I will watch it when I get a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0NKBkJ-j4g