Complaining about Dino

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I'm complaining to Chris, MrTitleist, Wyokie and Spindoctor02 etc. about the racist Dino who is using racial slurs against me as a personal attack.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

He called you hun. He listed off a bunch of teams that he supports the names of that are Native American...but he didn't call you anything specifically. Unless you are taking sports team names and mascots personally and are trying to start a fight. While a lot of us here don't really like him too much most of the time, you are the one who started the "fight" over something that you are really sensitive to (I'm not saying that it's deserved or not...).
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

alyssa wrote:I'm complaining to Chris, MrTitleist, Wyokie and Spindoctor02 etc. about the racist Dino who is using racial slurs against me as a personal attack.
If you have a problem with a user or a post, either click the "Report Post" button, or send a direct message to one of the mods to investigate.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

alyssa wrote:I'm complaining to Chris, MrTitleist, Wyokie and Spindoctor02 etc. about the racist Dino who is using racial slurs against me as a personal attack.
Are serious with this!?!? He never once, on the public forum attacked you. Hun isn't a racist insult. Mentioning public organizations with NA names/slangs/etc. in a post with you isn't racist. Jesus the liberalification of this country is getting absurd.
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Are serious with this!?!? He never once, on the public forum attacked you. Hun isn't a racist insult. Mentioning public organizations with NA names/slangs/etc. in a post with you isn't racist. Jesus the liberalification of this country is getting absurd.
Let's all just let it die. No need to inflame things any further, by stereotyping people ("liberalification"). If Alyssa has a problem with a user or a series of posts, we will deal with it as mods. And be "we", I mean MrTitleist or the other mods, as I don't think I've had any real mod powers since about 2007.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

spindoctor02 wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Let's all just let it die. No need to inflame things any further, by stereotyping people ("liberalification"). If Alyssa has a problem with a user or a series of posts, we will deal with it as mods. And be "we", I mean MrTitleist or the other mods, as I don't think I've had any real mod powers since about 2007.
Fair enough, my apologies
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

I don't think I saw the post.. so link me to it.
ImageImageImageImage
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

kdwrightuwyo wrote:He called you hun. He listed off a bunch of teams that he supports the names of that are Native American...but he didn't call you anything specifically. Unless you are taking sports team names and mascots personally and are trying to start a fight. While a lot of us here don't really like him too much most of the time, you are the one who started the "fight" over something that you are really sensitive to (I'm not saying that it's deserved or not...).
Not exactly.... but I don't want to go into it. That's what they called one of my grandmothers and other relatives when the government people killed them in 1890s Boggy Depot, OK. She's written about. I know the stories first hand from people who knew her and were in their 90s and I was young.
It's a racial slur and it's known and he just out of the blue said it.
I'll find something else to do.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

OK. I will leave for ??. I don't think it's fair to all the good people.

D'asemen num d'a'gan sa recom Wyo acu a le juga futbolamer.

Chi pisa.

:)
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:I don't think I saw the post.. so link me to it.
It was in the Wyo vs Zoomies thread. Dino mentioned Washington Redskins and she took offense and called him racist. And then he called her hun and something about liking all the sports teams with Native American names/mascots and sure he's racist for liking them. She then pulled this stuff about him calling her a racial slur.

Alyssa, your ancestors may have gone through some awful stuff (I'm not debating that), but you cannot look to be offended when someone who is not Native American mentions a NA sports mascot. Just because you don't like it, does NOT mean that it's racist. If you don't want to see that stuff, do not read sports message boards.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
It was in the Wyo vs Zoomies thread. Dino mentioned Washington Redskins and she took offense and called him racist. And then he called her hun and something about liking all the sports teams with Native American names/mascots and sure he's racist for liking them. She then pulled this stuff about him calling her a racial slur.

Alyssa, your ancestors may have gone through some awful stuff (I'm not debating that), but you cannot look to be offended when someone who is not Native American mentions a NA sports mascot. Just because you don't like it, does NOT mean that it's racist. If you don't want to see that stuff, do not read sports message boards.
Actually she posted something about getting some drinks, and when Dino saw her post, he posted the one thing he knew would set her off. So it was quite intentional and he knew he was doing.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:

Actually she posted something about getting some drinks, and when Dino saw her post, he posted the one thing he knew would set her off. So it was quite intentional and he knew he was doing.
I went back and re-read what was written. He wrote "Washington REDSKINS" which set her off. That's antagonizing, but it's not calling her a racial slur.