Old and Sore

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

My wife decided she wanted to go to grad school so that means I get to play in intramurals again. We had our first flag football game last night and holy crap I'm sore. Literally can barely walk. From flag football! And at the relatively young age of 27! I can't imagine what it's like to be 40. All down hill from here :cry:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

I'm 33 and sore after just about every co-rec softball game we play. We're not spring chickens, nor are we division one athletes!
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

I'm 41 and half the time I feel like I'm 90.

BTW, don't ever get the flu. Starting to feel like I can be normal again in a day or two.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I was in grad school at Creighton last year as a 6'5" 255lb 30 year old...intramural sports such as dodgeball were pretty ugly on my part. But I did lay out a quick, little Asian dude during 4-man flag football. That was pretty funny.

I was more sore during basketball, though. I was on a team with skinny guys who had never really played much ball. Those games were rough because I had to take on double and triple teams down in the paint cause the other guys on my team couldn't hit an outside shot to save my life....and the "season" started about two weeks after I was floored with pneumonia and lost about 15 lbs in a week.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I was laughing, at first. I can't believe how young and soft y'all are. I'd totally whip your asses! :lol:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

alyssa wrote:I was laughing, at first. I can't believe how young and soft y'all are. I'd totally whip your asses! :lol:
We're frumpy middle aged men who read message boards all day!

That said.. played softball last night. Thought I was dying after the game. Remarkably not sore this morning.
ImageImageImageImage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Tore up my knee and ankle a few years back. Haven't really felt normal until recently. Just started consistently working out again and I feel like I got hit by a bus. IM 29 AND FEEL LIKE IM 80! Its insane! What the hell happened to me!?!?!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

After 20+ years behind a desk doing nothing remotely active I decided to hire a personal trainer and nutritionist. I hurt so bad after the first session I could barely drive home my arms were on fire. Starting three sessions a week in October I'm excited to do something I haven't done before but man I can already imagine the pain my body is going to go through after being idle for so long.

Better late than never!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Wow! It's hard to believe how inactive y'all are/were!! Y'all gotta use it, ya know?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Just wanted to let everyone know it's worse today. So sore!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

kdwrightuwyo wrote:yeI was in grad school at Creighton last ar as a 6'5" 255lb 30 year old...intramural sports such as dodgeball were pretty ugly on my part. But I did lay out a quick, little Asian dude during 4-man flag football. That was pretty funny.

I was more sore during basketball, though. I was on a team with skinny guys who had never really played much ball. Those games were rough because I had to take on double and triple teams down in the paint cause the other guys on my team couldn't hit an outside shot to save my life....and the "season" started about two weeks after I was floored with pneumonia and lost about 15 lbs in a week.
My bro just got done with dental school there. Omaha's a nice city.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I ran just over 2 1/2 hours today at 7:10 pmp and I AM NOT SORE!
Last edited by alyssa on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I was right there with you guys. In shape and sports in high school and college. Soph year were injuries out the ass! Broken ankle, which I walked on for over a year before they realized it was actually broken. So i could barely move or run for a year and decided to double my weight training to compensate for no cardio... Went to bench press and pulled a rib out of my sternum. So I had a few years of no lifting and no cardio. Just sitting, eating and video games. For a very long time.
Then I got married to an amazing cook. At that point I just said,"screw it" for seven more years. Seven years and 83 lbs later I figured I needed to get something working again.
Working The way I do really helps and opens up vast ways to workout. Awesome workouts with the football team; when I get bored or stiff driving tractor I will get out and push/roll a 1,400 lb round bale up the incline of the field till I get tired; And with my office job,I have to get up every fifteen minutes to make rounds. So I will do certain workouts everyother night. Get up for fifteen round, before I do the round I'll drop and do 20-30 push-ups, do the round and then drop and do 15-20 more push-ups. So far I'm up to 655 in a shift. (Yeah, I'm gloating). But I also do squats, arm curls, tri extensions, shoulder presses, etc.
So far I'm up in lean muscle and down significantly on the scale. Went from 303 to 260... And still dropping. I feel amazing. I even played a flag football game with our churches youth group the other day and got through it unscathed!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Man Lander, I'm a year younger than you, but I have the "oldest" legs on here. Been told I have the knees of a 90 year old man by the guy who did the last 2 knee surgeries. That's not even including my ankle (now looking at a possible 3rd surgery on it).

Anyone want to trade legs?