Country Music - OT

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

There's a guy named Will Hoge that a I downloaded for free and it's probably the only country song I've liked in a decade. It's called, "little bitty dreams"
W-Y, Until I Die!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I looked at some of that stuff. It's new.

I found an old song of mine that I forgot all about and it's good. The lyrics and recording of music etc. was found in a suitcase stored away. See, last Tuesday night I was digging around for songs.
I'm sort of practicing some rock songs.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

303cowboy wrote:Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, Brantley Gilbert, etc. = Bro Country. The new phenomenon taking over tank top wearing, hair gelling, fist pumpin douches.

I think the best new aged country is Zac Brown and after hearing his new CD, Im not even sure if he qualifies as country.
Well, Taylor Swift started out as Country, but now...
Although very attractive, her penchant for slamming those who break up with her in song (often some of her biggest hits) is a turn off.

I'll admit, I haven't been much into Country. Chris LeDoux is always good, and a few other songs, but it's not my main genre. Classic rock is (AC/DC!). Though I have been getting a bit into electronic music.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
303cowboy wrote:Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, Brantley Gilbert, etc. = Bro Country. The new phenomenon taking over tank top wearing, hair gelling, fist pumpin douches.

I think the best new aged country is Zac Brown and after hearing his new CD, Im not even sure if he qualifies as country.
Although very attractive, her penchant for slamming those who break up with her in song (often some of her biggest hits) is a turn off.
AND...having a current all-out war against Katy Perry. :rofl:
I'll admit, I haven't been much into Country. Chris LeDoux is always good, and a few other songs, but it's not my main genre. Classic rock is (AC/DC!). Though I have been getting a bit into electronic music.
AC/DC rocks but so does Def Leppard.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I like some electronic music. I used to program a keyboard with its built in drum machine and play it and sing lyrics while creating songs. I'd make these simple recordings to remember my songs.
I like a couple of AC/DC and Def Leppard songs but not all of it.

I was practicing Low by Cracker and Figment by Michael Penn last week.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I'm afraid my favorites go much farther back. Marty Robbins was my favorite - most people here have never heard of him.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

Wyokie wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

AND...having a current all-out war against Katy Perry. :rofl:
The fact that either of you know this is sad.

AC/DC rocks but so does Def Leppard.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 104 times

WYCowboy wrote:I'm afraid my favorites go much farther back. Marty Robbins was my favorite - most people here have never heard of him.
El Paso, Big Iron, White Sport Coat, El Paso City

Gotta love Marty Robbins!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYO1016 wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:I'm afraid my favorites go much farther back. Marty Robbins was my favorite - most people here have never heard of him.

I hate his song - El Paso. Try listening to that song while eating at Hooters. About wanted to take a shotgun and shoot the damned jukebox while that song was playing!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:

I hate his song - El Paso. Try listening to that song while eating at Hooters. About wanted to take a shotgun and shoot the damned jukebox while that song was playing!
So, Hooters make you wanna shoot?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

alyssa wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:

So, Hooters make you wanna shoot?
No....just that damned song, El Paso by Marty Robbins.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Oh I got it now. You wanna shoot it before the sad story makes you cry.
UTEP plays it.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

alyssa wrote:Oh I got it now. You wanna shoot it before the sad story makes you cry.
UTEP plays it.
Figures. :roll: